Target behind WDW

mrs_coco

Earning My Ears
Our family was getting ready for our upcoming WDW trip and we saw a YouTube vid (not DIS-so I won't mention) that showed the "Target behind WDW, across from Walmart" has pin trading pins for $4.99 and lanyards.

Does anyone know the address of that Target? A few clues-the Target had a new liquor store/Starbucks/Pizza Hut. Was across from/close to Walmart. I tried to Google maps it but since I have no sense of the area I can't figure it out.

The kiddies are starting pin trading so I would love to get some starter pins and lanyards at a reasonable price since they are still young and things get lost.

I think most of the area targets will have a section with those kinds of things. You can also order pin lots of authentic Disney off Amazon for much cheaper than buying new in the parks.

You didn't mention the ages, but you may have trouble with very young kids understanding the trading. DD started pin trading at age 5 and didn't want to give up any pin that wasn't a duplicate, she didn't quite get the concept.

I'm 99% certain it's the Target Orlando Southwest store at 3200 Rolling Oaks Blvd in Kissimmee. On the Target website, it says that store has Cafe-Pizza, Starbucks, and Wine, Bear, & Spirits Available.

https://www.target.com/sl/orlando-sw/2370

That said, I'm not sure what "Behind WDW" means and there is no Walmart in the vicinity. But, it is the closest Target to Walt Disney World property. It's on the southwest side near Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Here's a Bing Map of that Target, the closest Walmart, and the Animal Kingdom area for geographic reference. If that YouTube video shows the front of the store, you can visit the map below. Zoom in on the Target and right-click (on a PC) to select "View Bird's Eye" and rotate until you can see the front of the store.

target-walmart-near-wdw-binged-dot-it2JclVTO.jpg

Link to Bing Maps: https://binged.it/2JclVTO

I'm 99% certain it's the Target Orlando Southwest store at 3200 Rolling Oaks Blvd in Kissimmee. On the Target website, it says that store has Cafe-Pizza, Starbucks, and Wine, Bear, & Spirits Available.

https://www.target.com/sl/orlando-sw/2370

That said, I'm not sure what "Behind WDW" means and there is no Walmart in the vicinity. But, it is the closest Target to Walt Disney World property. It's on the southwest side near Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Here's a Bing Map of that Target, the closest Walmart, and the Animal Kingdom area for geographic reference. If that YouTube video shows the front of the store, you can visit the map below. Zoom in on the Target and right-click (on a PC) to select "View Bird's Eye" and rotate until you can see the front of the store.

target-walmart-near-wdw-binged-dot-it2JclVTO.jpg

Link to Bing Maps: https://binged.it/2JclVTO

I went to this Target in October .........
..... WOW ......... I wish we had gone back.
Biggest Target with the most inventory I've ever seen.

When I was there they were doing major renovating and work,
including they said a liquor store at the front.

It ŵas the one at Rolling Oaks, it is about 10 minutes at most from Animal Kingdom. The Walmart referred to was the one recently built on Old Lake Wilson Road just off the 192. If you use Sherbeth Road you can get to both easily.

When you say the Target behind WDW I automatically think the one in Winter Garden Village as when you look at a map "behind" is going to be north of the location.But from the description I agree it has to be the Rolling Oaks location,its much more touristy than the Winter Garden location and with everything going in Margaritaville which is next door its just going to get more touristy,the Sherberth rd entrance to Disney property is only about 3 minutes away.The Old Lake Wilson Walmart is pretty new and not that far away,again this area is very busy with tourists as that Walmart opened later than my local Walmart on New Independence and 429 in Winter Garden and is probably three times as busy,that area of 192 is starting to really build up.

It is definitely the Target at 3200 Rolling Oaks Blvd in Kissimmee mentioned by WriterGuyFL. The Walmart he went to is 2855 N Old Lake Wilson Rd, Kissimmee. I wouldn't call them next to each other really but they're close.

Edit: At least I think that's the videos OP is referencing. If they also did vids about Magic Castle Gift Shop at 7646 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee and Disney Gift Outlet at 5001 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee then those are the right Target and Walmart stores.

I went to this Target in October .........
..... WOW ......... I wish we had gone back.
Biggest Target with the most inventory I've ever seen.

When I was there they were doing major renovating and work,
including they said a liquor store at the front.

We were there pretty recently. It is seriously the nicest Target I have ever seen.

Our family was getting ready for our upcoming WDW trip and we saw a YouTube vid (not DIS-so I won't mention) that showed the "Target behind WDW, across from Walmart" has pin trading pins for $4.99 and lanyards.

Does anyone know the address of that Target? A few clues-the Target had a new liquor store/Starbucks/Pizza Hut. Was across from/close to Walmart. I tried to Google maps it but since I have no sense of the area I can't figure it out.

The kiddies are starting pin trading so I would love to get some starter pins and lanyards at a reasonable price since they are still young and things get lost.

Oh my....if you think Target is loaded with Disney trading pins and souveniers, just wait until you visit/discover a Walmart. I highly recommend anyone who visits Disney to get a chance to venture outside the bubble. You will find tradingpins that Disney charges $15 for will be $5 - $8 at Target or Walmart. Not sure if you are aware but the Targets, Walmarts, and other stores have their own DISNEY SOUVENIR departments in the store. A $30 tshirt at Disney will be less than $20 at Walmart or Target. Its a 'whole new world' off-site. Have a FANTASTIC vacation.

Since you are new to pin trading, you should know there are locking pin backs sold inside the parks (& maybe elsewhere). These require a tool that comes with them & work great for expensive &/or heavier/larger pins. They are not cheap, but worth it compared to losing the pins forever.

Target is a great resource for Disney stuff, even in other states. They have lines of Disney labels in various departments, so you can check them out prior to your visit.

They also have great cakes in the bakery, if your celebrating anything special while at WDW.

No, I don't work for Target.

thanks everyone for all of the tips. i believe i have actually been to the target -when we stayed at animal kingdom.

the kids are 7 + 8 so starter pin stuff at a good price is a must.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter