Tangled show to replace Beauty and the Beast

RyMacJ said:
I really hope they don't take out VotLM before May. :( I agree it probably needs to be updated, but my girls have never seen it and I would like them to. I would be happy about Tangled, though. Rapunzel is DD4's favorite and Ariel is DD3's favorite. So hopefully at least one of them will be happy :)

I like both.... I'd rather they'd remove lights motors action and replace that with a Tangled show and some scenery, but that won't happen.

We see both shows every time we go. If that does happen, they will be missed. I remember a show with Pocahontas in HS (MGM) years ago in the 1990's. We saw it in 1995. I wish they would bring that back again for a little while.

I have always enjoyed VoLM, so I hope it stays! Yes, it's old and outdated, but for some reason I really like it.

The first time we took my daughter to WDW she was barely 2. We saw VoLM 6 times in 1 day because she was mesmerized by it. She kept asking to go again. So, it also is a sentimental favorite for her and I. She's 8 now and every time we've gone since then her trip is not complete without VoLM.

VotLM will be missed in my family. we don't have much oppertunity in our regular lives to experience live theater. although some may feel a theme park theater experience might not be the best example, at least it introduces it to the masses. VotLM is the only example of the Japanese Bunraku theater style that is easily accessable to us. My kids were fascinated by the almost invisible puppeteers in all black controling those characters. (we always loved the Legend of the Lion King show at MK too. those puppets were huge and expertly mastered. an art form you don't see much of.) if either are replaced i hope they replace them with something other than a 3D movie. as much as i love Philharmagic and think it is a quality attraction, i would still like a live experience.

I love both the B&B and VotLM shows but after soooooooo many years of enjoying them I'm ready for something new. I would love to see Tangled in a live stage.

I loved VOTLM, I will be sad to see it go. It was a nice sit down and the cool theater was great to come into from the heat of the day. Personally, I can't stand Phineas etc. I hope another puppeteer-type show replaces VOTLM. With losing it and BaTB there really is no reason other than the new Star Tours and Fantasmic for me to go to DHS (and Star Tours gets old too). The ToyStory ride is no big shakes for me, and I don't do roller-coasters. I am completely sick of the Great Movie Ride, they can keep it, and their version of American Idol is cringeworthy. I loved Who wants to be a Millionaire and it died quickly, as did the Hunchback (my favorite show of all time at DHS). USF is starting to look a lot better with it's WWoHP. :sad:

No!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't get to see B&TB in 2010, and we won't be down there until December. Disney, please wait until after the holidays!!

Lumiere Lover said:
No!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't get to see B&TB in 2010, and we won't be down there until December. Disney, please wait until after the holidays!!

Since they haven't announced anything its unlikely to change before the holidays

I like BatB and VoTLM. VoTLM, to me, is more for kids but still fun. My DD loves it. I agree both have been there forever and with the changes in MK, I think both of these should go and make room for new stuff. I do miss the Hunchback show...that was awesome. I don't really care for LMA show. I've seen it a couple times and will see it again in November (because my stepfather LOVES it). Since it is realtively new, I doubt that it will be replaced in the near future.

It's been at least a couple of years now but I'd heard a rumor that some type of phineas and ferb attraction was replacing Sounds Dangerous. That needs to go away long before b&b or VoLM if you ask me.

Agreed, Sounds Dangerous and American Idol could go as far as I am concerned.

GOOFY D said:

Triple agreed. I'm shocked Sounds Dangerous wasn't closed years ago and American Idol has never been an interest of mine.

Though I enjoy the newer Disney films and princesses you still need to appreciate the classics. BATB is my all time favorite, I'd be dissapointed to see it go.

I love Beauty & the Beast. Makes me cry. I will be sad to it go, if this is true. :sad1:

As long as it has Alan Menken music, I'm okay with everything :) Tangled has so many good songs, it deserves a stage show!

As long as it has Alan Menken music, I'm okay with everything :) Tangled has so many good songs, it deserves a stage show!

Totally agree! Songs from Tangled are built to be part of a musical stage show! Since I don't think it will make a great Broadway show, I totally see it as a Theme Park Show!

I would love to see "Tangled" on stage. :) B&tB is wonderful, but it's time.

I would prefer to see Sounds Dangerous go than VotLM, but I love the idea of a Phineas & Ferb show or ride or something! We're all big P&F fans, and they're such a hit I'm amazed WDW does't have more rides/activities with them.

DS2's favorite shirt has Perry the Platypus on it, and whenever he wears it anywhere, we hear a lot of "Hey, there's Perry! Hi, Perry!" or "Oh, there you are, Perry!" :D True pop-culture phenomenon.

natasha423 said:
I would be so sad to see beauty and the Beast go, it's my favorite show & every time I see it I cry. If its true I must go see it one last time. Any word as to when it would go??

You and me both.:)

GOOFY D said:

Thought Sounds Dangerous was closed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter