Talk to Me About Taking a Toddler (infant info included!)

We have used the inflatable bumpers a few times now and they work pretty good. We used one on the pull-down bed at Poly, the only issue was our little one scooted up the top of the bed and sort of slid out of the bed in the middle of the night. This just happened once, we put her further down the bed the next night and stuffed some pillows at the top and it didnt happen again. We plan to use 2 inflatable bumpers at Pop this winter.

If you have the space, I can also vouch for the hiccapop inflatable toddler bed on Amazon. Its a lot more weight, but it has bumpers built in. We have traveled with it a few times, mostly to visit family, and it works well.

Thank you! My little guy is a wiggly sleeper so that was my concern with the bumpers. I was also looking at the Hiccapop bed so I’m glad to hear you had a positive experience! Thanks!

You might even be surprised with a "wiggly sleeper" at how well they'll do. I have two little boys (currently ages just-turned 2 & 3) plus a 5 year old girl and we transitioned them each from crib to a regular twin bed (no rails, no bumpers, not toddler sized) at 19-20 months. All rolled out of bed once or twice the first week (small drop to the floor) and have never done that again. It's like their body builds muscle memory to know how to do it fine. I'd recommend trying him outside of his crib at home in a different bed to see what happens. My littlest typically sleeps in a queen with his siblings when we travel- I've never requested bed rails and no one has ever rolled out. They flop around in their twin beds at home plenty, but they don't just go tumbling around near the edge.

Also, are you sure he'd get into things in a strange place at night? My kids do occasionally wake up at night and walk (to go downstairs to go to the bathroom, if they want to get themselves water, etc) but they'd never play in a strange toilet or stick their hands in an electrical socket- and especially not if the light's off and I'm sleeping right there. You most likely don't need to worry about that stuff, though if it will keep YOU awake worrying, by all means get the crib.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter