Talk DVC with the Dis Dads

HEY!
if this question is answered someplace else, i'm happy to look up the info myself.

but, here goes:

DW and I want to bring a few friends to WDW that are tentative at best next may. we are CONSIDERING renting DVC points for a 2 bedroom. If the friends can go, we'll have room. If they can't, our budget for the room doesn't change.

NEXT: how does Dining work with DVC? if we buy 4 days of park tickets, but stay for 7 days, how many TS meals do we get? I was under the impression is would be 6 (one for each night of my stay), but I wanted to ask to make sure. Also, if your DVC point are Rented, can you even BUY a dining plan?

thanks guys! (i'm really hoping Stopher checks in... this seems something right up his alley...)

You can still purchase any DP while on DVC and it is on the # nights stay. With DVC, you could get 2 reservations, link them, and only buy DP for 1 of the 2 reservations. As for purchase, I'm not sure if you call to add it or if the DVC owner does. Also, there was talk of purchasing DP so many days prior to arrival. Good luck.

*ATTENTION EVERYONE* Ok just mostly the DVC owning Disdads. I need atleast 4-5 volunteers for the DVC podcast on Thursday the 21st of July @ 9pm CST. Please feel free to email me at my screen name @disdads.com. Thank you Gentlemen.....we know return you to regularly scheduled banter.

*ATTENTION EVERYONE* Ok just mostly the DVC owning Disdads. I need atleast 4-5 volunteers for the DVC podcast on Thursday the 21st of July @ 9pm CST. Please feel free to email me at my screen name @disdads.com. Thank you Gentlemen.....we know return you to regularly scheduled banter.

oh wow the night before I leave for Disney.I mite be able to jump in on this one

Carl,
Im putting you in as a backup in case someone else has to bail out. Alot of pressure and added crap to do the night before you go friend.
Other then that I got enough volunteers. THANK YOU ALL FOR THE RESPONSES!!

Carl,
Im putting you in as a backup in case someone else has to bail out. Alot of pressure and added crap to do the night before you go friend.
Other then that I got enough volunteers. THANK YOU ALL FOR THE RESPONSES!!

ok Cause we are tinkering with leaving a few days earlier now.

Any Dad going to the world soon look for Dvc items to be on sale. They are phasing out some of the old stuff to introduce the new Dvc logo items.

Any Dad going to the world soon look for Dvc items to be on sale. They are phasing out some of the old stuff to introduce the new Dvc logo items.

I have a stack of the "free" DisDad's hats from WHW with the old logo. We got a new hat this year, but it was not the new DisDad logo. It was still white, with a red body outline of Mickey. It was nice for a change.

Joining in here!! We own at BLT, purchased on our 2009 DCL trip!!!

I have a stack of the "free" DisDad's hats from WHW with the old logo. We got a new hat this year, but it was not the new DisDad logo. It was still white, with a red body outline of Mickey. It was nice for a change.

How can I get one?? Where we were in WDW last year we were told the best selection of items was at SSR and we were very disappointed!! I have one shirt I like, a golf style shirt, but I haven't looked at the website in awhile to see what they have!! I'd love to get my hands on one of your hats if your looking to sell them off!!!

Joining in here!! We own at BLT, purchased on our 2009 DCL trip!!!

How can I get one?? Where we were in WDW last year we were told the best selection of items was at SSR and we were very disappointed!! I have one shirt I like, a golf style shirt, but I haven't looked at the website in awhile to see what they have!! I'd love to get my hands on one of your hats if your looking to sell them off!!!

Just to clarify, the old hats?

Something I have not been able to find info on......does anyone know what the average yearly income is of DVC owners?

Something I have not been able to find info on......does anyone know what the average yearly income is of DVC owners?

I dont think you would ever be able to find out this info.

I dont think you would ever be able to find out this info.

Didnt figure I would be able to.....I can wish though LOL. I was just curious to see if people have been able to be DVC owners and not make $100,00+ a year.

Didnt figure I would be able to.....I can wish though LOL. I was just curious to see if people have been able to be DVC owners and not make $100,00+ a year.

Without a lot of details, yes, it is possible. I know several members personally who are certainly under that threshold.

Well that I can anwer for you..... YES... I know several people that own DVC and dont make $100k a yr.

when we bought in ,we made alot less than 100k.:thumbsup2

Alright Disdads, here we go. My wife and I took the DVC tour on our 2007 honeymoon trip and fell in love.
We stayed at the Beach Club Villas on our honeymoon and got hooked. We went back the next year with friends. Fast forward to this year and we are driving down with our daughter and mother in law and staying at.....Coronado Springs? Houston, I see a problem. Not really a problem since I am going to love it there, but why am I not staying at Beach Club? Well, we didn't buy DVC in 2007 and still haven't pulled the trigger.
My question is this, we love Beach Club. We want Beach Club. We need to go direct through Disney for various reasons though. How realistic would this be to accomplish even if it meant being on a wait list or a while?
Thoughts?

DW and I both work and we don't make a 100K a year. But, we did DVC originally resale and then add on thru Disney. We own our DVC outright, but took many years to save the $. Other than Disney vacations, we follow the Dave Ramsey steps.

last night, i was just buzzing around the dif. sites and see all these people saying the deal they got w/ free dining etc... so just for fun, i wanted to see what disneys best shot at a deal for the two trips i take a year. ive been a dvc member for 12 years and realy dont follow the "deals" anymore but i thought this was funny:
trip #1...11 nights... 1 bedroom at okw....2 adults....month of september....
free dining...10 day base tickets... ($5787.00)
trip #2...8 nights...studio at okw...2 adults......month of sept....
free dining...9 day base tickets.. ($3386.00)
the free dining, non dvc trips with hotel, food, park tickets is a grand total of $9173.00 total for both trips.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
everything the same, same trips,same adults,same rooms,same number of nights,some resort. the only dif. is we buy aps, not base tickets so we can park hop, here are the numbers:

dvc initial investment per year w/ an. dues per year ($2562.00)
2 adult aps per year. ($1000.00)

thats a total of ........ $3562.00 for my two trips PLUS FOOD (and still left dvc points on the table.)

i pay cash for our meals, we have an adr everyday we are there. most are dinners and 2 breakfast at cp in the mk. we do some food shopping for lunch meat, cereal etc.. when we get there to eat in th villa.
i dont feed quarters in the washer and dryers and wait in line for them. i dont have to go to the food court and fight off the six hundred kids to get to a soda machine with my free disney mug to get a drink at 9pm at night. i just go to my fridg.
i just have to chuckle at the people who tell me they do better at finding disney discounts and bounce back codes than i did buying into dvc.

the free dining, non dvc trips with hotel, food, park tickets is a grand total of $9173.00 total for both trips.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
thats a total of ........ $3562.00 for my two trips PLUS FOOD (and still left dvc points on the table.)

So what you're saying is that you spend less than $5600 on food??? :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

It really does make sense, the math doesn't lie. It is a lot of money to tie up though and with DW not wanting to go to WDW every year... well, I just have to dream.:lmao: Maybe one of these days...

So what you're saying is that you spend less than $5600 on food??? :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

It really does make sense, the math doesn't lie. It is a lot of money to tie up though and with DW not wanting to go to WDW every year... well, I just have to dream.:lmao: Maybe one of these days...

With the ability to bank and borrow points, as well as to rent points to others, DVC can still be a value, even if you only go every other year. If I had the cash for the upfront cost, I'd be buying DVC now. I'd probably start with a secondary market BWV contract (it's near the end of the budget year, so DVC seems to be letting sales go through at lower prices than they might prefer. I've seen posts of BWV contracts going for $45/pt and less, and getting through ROFR).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter