Taking your child's friend - legal requirements?

Debsi

Mouseketeer
Has anyone taken a friend along for their child before and if so what documentation is required? I guess you need a letter from the parents and that it must contain particular information but I have been looking all over the internet and can't seem to turn up what I need to know!

I will of course contact the company I have booked through and also Hoverspeed with whom we are travelling for guidance, but any information would be greatly received at this stage.

Many thanks

Debbie:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

You may want to contact one of the major airlines, even though you aren't flying with them. They would probably be aware of, and follow, the strictest rules.

I'd still check with the company you are using for transport. I know that airlines in the US won't let you take your own kids out of the country without either being accompanied by both parents, or without the written consent of the absent parent.

Thank you for your suggestions! Hoverspeed said I didn't need anything else when I called them, but Keycamp (Tour operator) said I need a letter from parents for the carrier!!! I suppose I best get one just in case, but as there is no way for them to really check the letter out I guess it's reasonable that they don't need one (reasonable but alarming!!).

Debbie

We've just got back from WDW & as well as our 3 we took eldest DS girlfriend who was 16.

For the Usa we needed a signed letter from a parent consenting to us (named both DH & I ) taking her & giving us permission to consent to any medical treatment she might have needed.

This was fine & handed over each time she needed to show her passport. I also had photocopies of the letter in case it got lost or kept but I didn't need them.

Even if the rules may be differnt for France & perhaps not as strict I would take the same letter again if we were visiting France.

For the sake of 1 piece of paper it may save a lot of trouble on holiday especially regarding medical consent

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter