tailors bunion

Michie

<font color=red>Yes, I admit it --- I'm the reason
I have this very offensive thing on my foot. It hurts like the dickens. I am a realtor so I am on my feet constantly. I have been in constant pain for six months. I cannot get a good night sleep unless I take an Ambeian, which due to my schedule is about once a month. My DH is tired of hearing my whine about it, so are my kids, my agents you name it. As a matter of fact as I am at my desk I am soaking it in Epsom saltwater which probably is not the smartest thing - water and an electrical appliance.

I have been to 4 doctors. They have all told me the same thing, surgery :earseek: HAs anybody had this kind of surgery and did it help?

Anybody?? Surely I am not the only one with these vile things?

I'm sorry, no one in my immediate family has bunions. My late great aunt suffered from them, but never had the surgery. My understanding, though, is that modern surgery has a great success :) As much as I'd hate to have a surgery, I'd hate even more to be in constant pain...I don't do pain well at all.

Best of luck with your decision.

I've had surgeries on both feet(several years apart) for bunions. They are VERY painful. The discomfort from the surgery was minimal. Glad I had the surgery. Now my feet feel good as new!!!!!

In my family, I'm the only one of the 8 kids who doesn't have bunions. My mom and dad also have/had them.

My dad and three siblings had bunionectomies. Every last one of them raved about how much better they felt. Younger sister went from an 8 1/2E foot to a 6 1/2B after the double bunionectomy.

One of my closest friends also had them-didn't know what it was. At my wedding reception, she had to take off her bridesmaid shoes and put on slippers, and my mom and I told her the aching was bunions. Three months later, she also had the surgery and she's finally free of the hip pain she had from walking funny because of the foot pain!

Have the surgery!

Suzanne

I've never had bunions, but I stayed with a friend last weekend who had the surgery 2 weeks earlier. It's not horrible surgery. It's a little inconvenient having to keep the foot dry and wear a shoe that will accomodate the bandage.

Really you should get this taken care of. You will wonder why you suffered such awful pain when the alternative will not be half as bad - pain meds are wonderful things!

Years ago I had tonsilitis at least every six months and had to stay home from work for at least a week if not two. After I had surgery I didn't even have a cold again for a decade. The surgery wasn't as bad as the illness.

No one likes to hear the word surgery, but unless you belong to a religious organization that prohibits surgery you need to avail yourself of modern day science.

In my family, I'm the only one of the 8 kids who doesn't have bunions. My mom and dad also have/had them.

My dad and three siblings had bunionectomies. Every last one of them raved about how much better they felt. Younger sister went from an 8 1/2E foot to a 6 1/2B after the double bunionectomy.

One of my closest friends also had them-didn't know what it was. At my wedding reception, she had to take off her bridesmaid shoes and put on slippers, and my mom and I told her the aching was bunions. Three months later, she also had the surgery and she's finally free of the hip pain she had from walking funny because of the foot pain!

Have the surgery!

Suzanne

Yep.. I turn my feet over and out when I walk. I pretty much wear out the outer sides of my shoes first. They turn over so bad that even when I'm standing up, I constantly find myself standing on the sides of them. That, coupled with the fact that I wear sneakers 48 hours a week and high heels the rest of the time, means that I have them, too.

Normal bunions are at the base of your big toe. Tailors bunions are at the base of your pinky toe. I haven't went to the doctor...mine really don't bother me yet. Even if they did, my feet are my livelihood. I can't imagine having to have surgery on my feet. I honestly don't think that it would ever heal correctly, in my case since I walk so much.

This doctor's website gives a nice little anecdote about how simple the surgery is, though.
http://www.zfootdoc.com/newpage110.htm

...another shameless self bump :) Anybody else have this surgery? Have been stuck inside my house all weekend due to my foot being so swollen and painful. The DH refuses to rub my foot any more until I schedule the surgery ( if you have a foot fetish, pm me ;) I am out of Chapstick :earseek: and am using that nasty Carmex junk that I bribed my son to go buy me :earseek: Just curious what to expect after surgery.

No bunions here. But the word bunionectomies is cracking me up. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter