"tacky tourists"/Clumsy Waiter

Mary626

DIS Veteran
I was reading about the "tacky tourists" or "uninvited guests" or the "Clumsy waiter" options for wedding parties. Has anyone had any of these entertainment options at their reception or party? I am curious if they were a hit or if people thought they were tacky? I think quite a few people in my guest list would find them funny (I think my dad would love the clumsy waiter), but then my fiance said he thought it sounded dumb.

Any thoughts or experiences on these choices?

here is there description in case you haven't heard of them:

Tacky Tourists:
These male and female actors blend in among your guests and do wacky, offbeat things. Beofre you know it, everyone will be asking each other, "who are these people and who invited them?"

Clumsy Waiter:
As your guests settle down to enjoy the elegant meal that you have selected, they notice that one of the servers is a bit clumsy. As the evening progresses, the subtle antics of the clumsy waiter become so exaggerated that your guests know that you added a bit more humor to your big day.

The wicked stepsists:
Madame Tremaine, Drizella, and Anastasia from the cast of Cinderella will crash your wedding reception and interact with your guests. The performers work as a unit so that you means you have to book them as a group.

I find the thought of both the "Tacky Tourists" and "Clumsy Waiter" really good fun - and it was certainly something we thought of but as we looked down our guest list we realised that we really didn't need them as we really had enough "characters" in our own wedding guest list and a few of them were "jokers" as well so we skipped but I think if I thought that my guest list could need the lift then yup I would have totally booked!! Can't you pull "Bridal Rank" ;) ?

Fantasia Sam said:
I find the thought of both the "Tacky Tourists" and "Clumsy Waiter" really good fun - and it was certainly something we thought of but as we looked down our guest list we realised that we really didn't need them as we really had enough "characters" in our own wedding guest list and a few of them were "jokers" as well so we skipped but I think if I thought that my guest list could need the lift then yup I would have totally booked!! Can't you pull "Bridal Rank" ;) ?

Thank you for your response, Fantasia Sam! I think I may pull "bridal rank" - ive just been doing that a lot and dont want to run out of my allowances lol..

You know it's funny, since I started browsing this forum, I visited your photo page and your video (both were amazing btw, and you looked simply stunning!), But now I feel like you are famous and I was like "wow fantasia sam responded to me!!" lol I know I'm weird.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who thinks this might be a cute idea for the reception, thanks!!

We were thinking about the "uninvited guests." My fiance loves the idea and wants them over the characters. I haven't heard much about them, but I am guessing that they are along the lines of characters at the Adventurer's Club in Pleasure Island. When we started talking about having them I was worried about what our guests would think also. Then I realized that this isn't the "traditional" wedding and I think that people are more open to different experiences when they are on "vacation." We are definitely going to ask about them when we go for our planning session. Remember, it's your day and you should do what makes the two of you happy. Hope it works out for you. Let us know what you decide.

I never heard of any of these...I think they sound like GREAT fun! Any idea of the cost?

Disney's website has the uninvited guests and tacky tourists listed for $1,200, doesn't say for how long the perform. Not sure about the others. I would assume (hope) the clumsy waiter would cost less, but not sure. Anyone else know the going rates?

Mary626 said:
Thank you for your response, Fantasia Sam! I think I may pull "bridal rank" - ive just been doing that a lot and dont want to run out of my allowances lol..

You know it's funny, since I started browsing this forum, I visited your photo page and your video (both were amazing btw, and you looked simply stunning!), But now I feel like you are famous and I was like "wow fantasia sam responded to me!!" lol I know I'm weird.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who thinks this might be a cute idea for the reception, thanks!!

Can a bride ever run out of those allowances Mary? ;)

LOL I wish I was famous but you're not weird - I'm just glad that we both agree on this idea for the reception - I'm looking forward to your big day already - I hope you get your way on this :)

Hi

I found that a member asked same question in this forum some months ago.

Pls use search box to find this questions with comments

The Uninvited Guests are $1800 and they show up at the pre-reception. I had them on my BEO till a month ago when I realized my guest list was steadily decreasing from people who can't make the wedding anymore.

What you do is give your planner information about some of your guests, the ones you want "picked on" and they give that information to the improve actors, to which they use to play around with your guests.

What you do is give your planner information about some of your guests, the ones you want "picked on" and they give that information to the improve actors, to which they use to play around with your guests.

This sounds so great! I love it!

My friend had the uninvited guests at her wedding and I loved them so much that I'm going to try and have them at mine. I don't know exactly how long they were there for but it seemed like they helped get everyone seated and then stayed for most of the meal. She had her reception at the Living Seas so they dressed up like pirates, joked with some of the family members and sang funny renditions of some songs with the piano player. It was so much fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter