• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tables in Wonderland

I understand why they got rid of it initially. Everything was cut back during covid. I am hoping they bring it back though. As a local resident in Celebration, we loved drinking and dining regularly at disneyworld. However, without TIW it's just too expensive to go to on a regular basis. There are tons of off-site restaurant and bar options that are significantly less expensive. TIW made the $25 hamburger, or $20 cocktail a little more palatable. We used to spend 10-12k a year at disney on food and beverages using TIW. Now we spend maybe 1-2k. We'll still visit disney regularly, we'll just wait until we leave to enjoy dinner somewhere else.

We always used TIW! We frequently travel with a larger party 8-12 so it was a massive savings. We would probably average 1.5 table services per day. I think it was a trip in 2009 or 2010 were I calculated the savings to be in excess of $1000 over the DDP for 10 the day stay just for my primary party of 4. That was prior to our DVC so I don't know what the delta would have been between DVC discount and TIW.

At the moment I don't see it coming back. The tea leaves I am looking at are the AP Dining Discount. Last year during VIPassholder Days they gave an extra 10% off (on top of the standard discount) on dining. This year, they did not. That makes me think that they don't feel the need to increase discounting in terms of dining and they have the right capacity formula for what they need right now.

Now, another way of looking at it would be TIW would result in a certain staffing level for a year, compared to having perhaps increased capacity for only one month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter