Table Service Restaurant Suggestions for Each Park

RoseBen009

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! We are planning a trip to Disney World in Jan. 2022 and I'm already thinking (more like daydreaming) about dining reservations! I'd like to have a table service meal reserved at each park and wanted to get opinions for best sit down restaurant for each park-and why you'd pick it-cool ambiance, great food, awesome service, etc... we haven't been to Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios, but have been to Epcot (ate at the Germany buffet and enjoyed it) and Magic Kingdom (ate at Tony's, didn't love it, lol). We'd prob just eat breakfast on the go so it'd be for lunch or dinner. We'll be traveling with our two kids (they'll be 8 & 11) if that makes a difference. Thanks for your help!

Here are my family's favorites:
Magic Kingdom - Liberty Tree Tavern, Crystal Palace, Be Our Guest
Epcot - Chefs de France, Garden Grill
Animal Kingdom - Yak & Yeti
Hollywood Studios - Mama Melrose's, 50's Prime-Time Cafe, The Brown Derby, and Sci-Fi Diner
There are tons of great options at Disney Springs and at the resorts too. Sometimes the parks don't have the best options, and most of our all time favorites are not at the parks.
Disney Springs - Chef Art Smith's Homecomin', Raglan Road, The Boathouse
Resorts - The Wave (Contemporary), Olivia's (Old Key West), Whispering Canyon (Wilderness Lodge), Grand Floridian Cafe (Grand Floridian)

At that age I would go for character meals whenever possible. Honestly, at my age I go for character meals whenever possible. We have no idea what will be available next year, but if possible I would go for:

MK-Crystal Palace with the Pooh characters or CRT with the Princesses.
EP-Garden Grill
AK-Tusker House
HS-Hollywood and Vine.

Check out the Restaurants board as there are tons of threads on this!

At those ages for the kids, these would be my recs:
MK - Be Our Guest is amazing for ambiance. Also love Skipper Canteen but BOG would always win over that if I had to pick one for the park.
AK - we never do sit down meals here, except for a stop at Nomad Lounge which you can't reserve ahead of time. It's our favorite place and our kids love the porch seating too.
Epcot - San Angel Inn for sure. Love the food and atmosphere.
DHS - 50's Prime Time Cafe or Sci-Fi. Either one is great at that age, but mine can't get enough of the antics at Prime Time and it's a must do every single trip.

I always prefer a sit down dinner.

Here are my top choices with the ages of your children:

Magic Kingdom- Liberty Tree Tavern, (if you do BOG- I think the lunch option is better). If your children are into princesses than CRT
AK- We usually do not do a sit down here. We have done Yak and Yeti a few times in the past- and we will NOT be going back anytime soon. We prefer a lunch at Satuli and then dinner somewhere outside of the park for this day
Epcot- Via Napoli is our favorite. We have also enjoyed Teppan Edo
DHS- Sci Fi or Prime Time for sure! I think they kids would love either!

Have fun planning!

It's all subjective and depends a lot on how adventurous your kid's palettes are and a little bit on their sex. For example, at that age little boys might not be as interested in character meals as little girls. My son was not by then and had a very adventurous palette.

For us:
MK - Skipper's Canteen, we like the atmosphere and the food is just different enough. If not there we like the Plaza because the portions are easily sharable and milkshakes (enough said there).
AK - Tiffins, again the atmosphere and the food is just different enough. But, if your kid's are a little picky, I hear Yak and Yeti is fun.
HS - this is a difficult one. Most kids are going to like both Sci-Fi and 50s Primetime. Sci-Fi has the cars they seat 4 but only two people per seat so there is that. The food isn't the best I've ever had but the movies are fun and there are milkshakes. 50s Primetime has the interaction with the wait staff which some enjoy some don't (we are meh) and the food is just old fashioned home cooking a lot of it (too much and too heavy for us) but there are milkshakes (see a theme).
Epcot - the sky is the limit. We like most places in WS but again depends on the kids. You can usually find something on all the menus they would eat. If they are picky, Garden Grill will probably work as it is family style just home cooking and the characters are there. We do like the fact that the restaurant rotates around The Land ride so that is cool (it doesn't always rotate so that is not a given).

Hi everyone! We are planning a trip to Disney World in Jan. 2022 and I'm already thinking (more like daydreaming) about dining reservations! I'd like to have a table service meal reserved at each park and wanted to get opinions for best sit down restaurant for each park-and why you'd pick it-cool ambiance, great food, awesome service, etc... we haven't been to Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios, but have been to Epcot (ate at the Germany buffet and enjoyed it) and Magic Kingdom (ate at Tony's, didn't love it, lol). We'd prob just eat breakfast on the go so it'd be for lunch or dinner. We'll be traveling with our two kids (they'll be 8 & 11) if that makes a difference. Thanks for your help!
It's all subjective and depends a lot on how adventurous your kid's palettes are and a little bit on their sex. For example, at that age little boys might not be as interested in character meals as little girls. My son was not by then and had a very adventurous palette.

For us:
MK - Skipper's Canteen, we like the atmosphere and the food is just different enough. If not there we like the Plaza because the portions are easily sharable and milkshakes (enough said there).
AK - Tiffins, again the atmosphere and the food is just different enough. But, if your kid's are a little picky, I hear Yak and Yeti is fun.
HS - this is a difficult one. Most kids are going to like both Sci-Fi and 50s Primetime. Sci-Fi has the cars they seat 4 but only two people per seat so there is that. The food isn't the best I've ever had but the movies are fun and there are milkshakes. 50s Primetime has the interaction with the wait staff which some enjoy some don't (we are meh) and the food is just old fashioned home cooking a lot of it (too much and too heavy for us) but there are milkshakes (see a theme).
Epcot - the sky is the limit. We like most places in WS but again depends on the kids. You can usually find something on all the menus they would eat. If they are picky, Garden Grill will probably work as it is family style just home cooking and the characters are there. We do like the fact that the restaurant rotates around The Land ride so that is cool (it doesn't always rotate so that is not a given).
I’d recommend the Be Our Guest Restaurant at Magic Kingdom! The food was good, but what we really enjoyed was that it was a full on experience. It’s themed to Beauty and the Beast and is beautiful. The large windows open up to a snow storm (animation) and I think they used the same snow storm animation as the movie. You can also meet Belle and the Beast.. and there’s also other Easter eggs you can find at the restaurant.

Skipper Canteen at MK was our favorite this trip! We ordered all the veggies options on the menu and everything was delicious. We had the first lunch time of the day which worked out nicely. They sat us in a quiet side room where we could relax after a busy and humid morning.

MK - Unless your kids have a favorite character they want to see, Skipper Canteen is my pick as well. - Get the Kungaloosh! dessert, and take time to check out the "book shelves".

AK - Rainforest Cafe, if you don't have something like that near home, just for the experience. (If not doing the dining plan, get a Landry's card in advance.)

Epcot - DS's fav at that age was Garden Grill. (Mickey, Pluto, and Chip & Dale, and it spins! How could you go wrong?) And on our last trip, we all loved San Angel Inn. It's dim and cool, which is very calming after the pace of the parks, and I got the best stuffed pepper I've ever had!

DHS - Agree with Sci-Fi. It's quirky and fun.

MK-We have only done Crystal Palace, which I love for sentimental value. We’ve gone there since our kids were little. I would maybe try BOG with your age kiddos.
AK-We enjoyed Tusker House for breakfast
Epcot-We did San Angel Inn for the first time on our last trip and really enjoyed it. Cool ambiance.
HS-We like Prime Time Cafe, but SciFi is also fun.

I have an anti-suggestion, if that's helpful.
I got reservations at Be Our Guest restaurant the day they opened, 6 months in advance or whatever it is, and it was the thing we were most excited to do on our trip. It was not a good experience. We got stuck in the West Wing where it was so dark we couldn't even read our menus and we didn't get to enjoy any of the beautiful ballroom we wanted to enjoy. The food was subpar, especially for the price. The only thing that was outstanding was the grey stuff from the dessert (it truly is delicious!). But other than that, it was $70 for a dining experience that could be easily beaten at the Sleepy Hollow with a $12 fruit and nutella waffle.

I am pretty close to you in planning! We are going the last two weeks of January 2022. DD will be 11, and I just recently turned my mind to Disney dining. One difference is that we've never been to Disney.

One thing that complicates things for you and I is the fast changing nature of the Disney right now. Fortunately we don't need to make any reservations until 60+ days out. So, I've been looking at both the pre-lockdown and current experience at each restaurant. For example, Crystal Palace, would be a primo-tippy-top choice for DD probably even before a Princess character meal, IF they have the Winnie the Pooh characters back. Otherwise, I don't think I'd spend $10/pp to eat there.

I'm going to stick to AK because my favs are Yak and Yeti and Tiffins (depending on what your budget is). Some people give Yak and Yeti some flack, but I think it's absolutely amazing!

Personal favorites:

MK: Liberty Tree Tavern We started going here a long time ago because the food was simple enough for a picky kid, but sustainably enough for adults. I feel like it is still one of the best places to get a great (not over expensive) sit down meal in MK.

HS: Prime Time is super fun! The decor in (in the opinion of my family) is more fun than Sci Fi, and we can see the menus to boot!

Epcot: Sooo many great options. Chefs def France, Biergarten, Garden Grill, Akershus, and Via Napoli are the ones we go back to the most often.

AK: The only place we have ever even eaten here is Tusker House. It's good, but generally we hop the bus to AKL and eat at Boma or Sanaa.

DS: Raglan Road has great entertainment, and when my youngest was small they got her up to dance with some of the other little ones. Very fun to watch. Homecoming, and Ezno's Hideaway are two other favorites there.

We have young children, which will be reflected in my suggestions. :)

Magic Kingdom:
Cinderella's Royal Table: We likely won't go back, but not because we didn't like it. It's one of the pricier dining options, but we feel it was a fun splurge for the kids (and who am I kidding... for us).
Be Our Guest: We have only eaten here when they offered a QS lunch, but we've been three times. My daughter loved it the first time. The second and third times, I got eyerolls from her, but my family humored me all three trips. The lunch was good, but the dining room was awesome! My favorite was the library.
Liberty Tree Tavern: No characters here, unfortunately, but the food is very good. Seven of us ate here on our last trip. At that time you could still order a la carte, but we got the Patriot's Platter (which is all that's offered now). It had a sampling of several different things, and they would bring as much as you wanted. I recall there being roast, turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, macaroni and cheese, maybe green beans, salad, and rolls. They served the ooey gooey toffee cake at the end. The Patriot's Platter was way too much food for a summer day, but I would love to go back on our next trip if they start offering separate menu items again.

EPCOT:
I don't know that bad TS restaurants exist in EPCOT. I've never eaten anything here I didn't like, and that includes the QS foods.
Akershus: Unless they have changed it, it's a princess dinner. Dh didn't like the "weird food." I believe it's Norwegian food, but I'm not entirely certain. There is a salad bar and cold cuts bar that you start off with, then they bring your main entree with sides to the table. I ordered the meatballs. I thought they were good, and I'm not really an adventurous eater. I think they have American and Norwegian food on the kids' menu.
Via Napoli: This was the best pizza we had ever eaten. It was July, and we didn't want a big, heavy meal. Dh and dd split a salad as an appetizer. Dh also ordered cheese sticks for everyone to share, and then we shared a large pizza. Personally, I would have been full without the cheese sticks. The pizza was more than enough on a hot day. I don't think we spent much more to eat here than we would have for a QS.
Garden Grill: We have been here twice, and enjoyed it both times. It's one of our favorites. The character interaction is really good. It's a small restaurant, so you see them often. The food is home food, like LTT. Although LTT has better food, this is still really good. I think last time we had turkey, maybe some type of beef?, green beans, macaroni and cheese, salad, and for dessert a strawberry shortcake dessert. The produce is grown on property, and it's very fresh.

Animal Kingdom:
Tusker House: This is the only TS restaurant we've experienced. The food and character interaction was very good. African and American foods.

We didn't eat TS at Hollywood Studios.

I really hope Liberty Tree Tavern has their regular menu back by next year. A Thanksgiving meal during a park day just isn't appealing. Also, DD and I just don't eat that much. But, the photos of the inside make me swoon.

Ours: EPCOT- VIA NAPOLI, SPICE ROAD
MK- "Be Our Guest" - (we also do 'Ohana" on MK days)
DHS- "Sci-Fi" ( a must for the atmosphere) & "Mama Melrose"
AK- We love "Satu'li", even tho its CS--- (Our AK day we go to "Sanaa"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter