• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

T/T or full housekeeping?

DeborahKlein

Mommy Mousehead
Question on services -

We will be going to OKW in January on reservations made through II. I know we are not entitled to the DVC member perks such as the valet parking / free rentals at Hanks, etc., but when it comes to housekeeping, do we get the DVC service level of T/T only or do we get the "cash" reservation services of full housekeeping?

Wouldn't seem fair to get only the T/T, but I could see the logic in us being caught in the middle realm on this issue. Technically we aren't on cash reservations.

Any ideas or should I call the member services number on my II confirmation?

Deborah

:wave2:

Since you made a trade through II, you are technically staying on member points that were deposited into II. I'll make a guess that on day 4 you'll get trash and towel, unless you are staying 8 nights or longer. You'll also be charged a "resort fee", I don't remember if it is $75 or $95.

It was $95, which we have already paid. I forgot to ask at the time about housekeeping. It's not a huge issue, just wondering.

Thanks!

It is a "resort fee" charged to folks that transfer into DVC resorts. It supposedly covers some resort amenities, like transportation, "free" parking at the theme parks, other "Disney" perks that are normally included in the cost of a cash room. I don't really understand it myself, but I think it is part of Disney's agreement with II.

You will not get the DVC member perks that require a blue member card. Such as free valet parking at DVC resorts.

bullpup12564 said:
I read on ebay that it would give you all the advantages of being a DVC member

They lied. As the above poster stated, some perks are for actual members only, and require a membership card - not a room key.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter