Switch days?

Tallent

DIS Veteran
Current plan for myself and 4 teens, April 10-15 starting parks on the 11th is below. Ideally I'd like to be able to get fps for FoP and SDD but am wondering if I should switch the AK morning with the MK morning. We like to do the ppo breakfast at TH then go right to Safari. We like seeing the characters but don't stay if they haven't gotten to our table by the time we're ready to go. Is it worth it for this length of trip or just let it go and see what happens?

AK 8am Tusker House, pool, MK

EP, 12:05 Via Napoli, pool, Disney Springs (5:30 the void, T-Rex dinner 7pm)

Typhoon Lagoon, HS

MK (10:30 Crystal Palace), pool, HS--star wars fireworks @9

Sleep in, RAC by 11:30, taxi/uber to Chef Mickey brunch @ 11:55 Park, MK

Current plan for myself and 4 teens, April 10-15 starting parks on the 11th is below. Ideally I'd like to be able to get fps for FoP and SDD but am wondering if I should switch the AK morning with the MK morning. We like to do the ppo breakfast at TH then go right to Safari. We like seeing the characters but don't stay if they haven't gotten to our table by the time we're ready to go. Is it worth it for this length of trip or just let it go and see what happens?

AK 8am Tusker House, pool, MK

EP, 12:05 Via Napoli, pool, Disney Springs (5:30 the void, T-Rex dinner 7pm)

Typhoon Lagoon, HS

MK (10:30 Crystal Palace), pool, HS--star wars fireworks @9

Sleep in, RAC by 11:30, taxi/uber to Chef Mickey brunch @ 11:55 Park, MK

I've read here where many DISers have said to book your must FPs first to determine possibly what days you need to visit the parks. I have my park days planned and since I'm not interested in FoP and we aren't visiting HS, I believe I shouldn't have to do too much rearranging. 7DMT is the big one I'm looking to get in MK and PP...but we're visiting that park twice so I think we'll be okay!

I've read here where many DISers have said to book your must FPs first to determine possibly what days you need to visit the parks. I have my park days planned and since I'm not interested in FoP and we aren't visiting HS, I believe I shouldn't have to do too much rearranging. 7DMT is the big one I'm looking to get in MK and PP...but we're visiting that park twice so I think we'll be okay!

So don't plan days? See what fps I get and go from there? Hmmm......something to think about! Thank you :-)

So don't plan days? See what fps I get and go from there? Hmmm......something to think about! Thank you :-)

Oh absolutely plan your days! :teacher: But keep in mind if FoP isn't available on the day you originally had planned for AK, then you might have to move things around. Make sense? Example, I have my days planned like so: AK-1st day MK-2nd day EPCOT-3rd day and MK again-4th day. On our 5th day, that's going to be Disney Springs day and head home. We live here in the Panhandle of FL. I plan on visiting Fantasyland and Tomorrowland on that first visit to MK and Adventureland, Frontierland, and Liberty Square on the next visit, so I will work on the Mine Train FP for that first visit. If I can't get it on that day, but on the next visit then I will rearrange the lands we visit accordingly. Understand? Good luck and keep us posted! And you're welcome! :welcome:

IIt looks like a lot of travel time to me, with pool days everyday. Maybe add an extra day to your ticket and go to AK the night of your arrival to ride FOP at close or go to HS for fireworks.

To maximize your chances, set your first day of use for 4/10 (even though you're not going to the parks that day), which will open your FP window a day earlier, so your first park day will be 60+1.

How important is FoP? I don't think you'll be able to get it for the first day of your trip (even if it's 60+1 rather than day 60), and Tuskar House will put you behind the RD crowd for it. You will, however, be able to get Safari FP no problem. You may or may not be able to get FP for FoP on day 4. I personally wouldn't pay for Tuskar House if your kids don't really care about seeing the characters, but that's just me.

People have been reporting more difficulty getting SDD than FoP lately. Ideally, you'd do it on your TL day, since you won't need FP for the morning park, but you might want to plan for getting in line just before park close and riding standby. SDD is so much better in the dark!

So for MK vs AK morning, I think @Tiggerlover91 is right that you might want to see which FP are available and go from there. You can even book ADRs for both parks on both days, and then cancel whichever ones you won't be using.

You might consider making duplicate ADR's on different days so when you figure out your FP's you can then cancel the ADR's you don't need.

You might consider making duplicate ADR's on different days so when you figure out your FP's you can then cancel the ADR's you don't need.

We are so on the same page!! I've spent part of the morning doing exactly that!! Great minds!

IIt looks like a lot of travel time to me, with pool days everyday. Maybe add an extra day to your ticket and go to AK the night of your arrival to ride FOP at close or go to HS for fireworks.

Agree on a lot of travel, and we usually drive and hop once a day.

On our Thanksgiving trip, we could only get FOP on the travel out day. Fortunately, we were able to get 9:10 in the morning, so we started at AK, did just a few things, then stayed at EPCOT until 1:30, at which time we had to start driving back to Atlanta. We were more concerned with our FP than our dining, so that made it a little easier. We had to switch up days to get SDD at a time that would work for us.

The schedule of hopping with pool breaks is our usual MO and works for us. We don't feel inconvenienced at all. Decided to try for fop on our last day after brunch. Another month to go till fps!

The schedule of hopping with pool breaks is our usual MO and works for us. We don't feel inconvenienced at all. Decided to try for fop on our last day after brunch. Another month to go till fps!

It doesn't look like that much travel to me. Many people take afternoon breaks at the resort/pool, and I can't see that going to another park afterwards is any more travel than returning to the morning park.

I figure if you have park hoppers, you might as well hop!

To maximize your chances, set your first day of use for 4/10 (even though you're not going to the parks that day), which will open your FP window a day earlier, so your first park day will be 60+1.

I asked this question on the official ticketing thread and the folks there said that for on site visitors the FP window opens 60 days from the date of check in even when you choose a start date for the ticket that's a day or two later (sometimes it's cheaper that way - it is for us). I haven't heard anyone say that yes, they did it that way and it worked but I suspect we'd have heard of someone did it that way and it didn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter