Swiss chalet skyway station

My thoughts exactly WDWHound!

Thank you so much GCURLING for the info!!!!!
:bounce:

Maybe the restaurant that I heard about and asked about in my original question was what they were talking about as a replacement.

It sounds to me like a standard answer is "we plan on replacing it with something better!" I guess this is better than the truth, which would force them to say "We're going to let it sit for more than a decade without doing anything to it, allowing it to slowly decay in the Florida sun to become an eye-sore for our paying guests."

Originally posted by mitros
Maybe the restaurant that I heard about and asked about in my original question was what they were talking about as a replacement.
Perhaps, but I never considered a restaurant to be an "attraction".

I don't think the Chalet is big enough to make into any kind of real attraction. Maybe there is massive space behind it hidden from view, but someone mentioned the HH being there.

There isn't, but they could make it into a permanent garden,walking path. They could also make it into a gazwwbo area for corporate meeting (kind of like what they turned the international pavillion into at EPCOT)

Heck, I think that there is enough space that they could even move the Aladdin ride there... Serously, you could put a nice gift shop there as well.

Wouldn't this location be just about the right size for some sort of cable-car or chairlift ride? :D :D :D

In fact, the building almost looks like that is what it was made for...

WOW, do you think that WDW could build such an original attraction?

they replaced it with aladins magic carpet ride. 20kluts they haven't replaced. time keeper and cop they should open. At first I wished they would put a pinochio like disneyland in the fantasyland station, because it sort of looks like it, but on one side you have the show bldg for haunted mansion, on the other side the bldg for small world. I wish they would put in a pinochio puppet show or something.

They could even use the space for a story teller, similar to what they do over by the castle. Decorate it for Christmas, use it for MVMCP nites.

That is a great idea!!!

A permanent Story Telling Pavilion.

How is the view of the fireworks from there; maybe they could replace the rose garden by the castle with it (for proposals)

For whatever reason, these "skyway" rides seem to be gone at lots of amusement parks. I couldn't care less -- I am terrified of heights -- but maybe the liability is too great. We went to Hershey Park a few summers back and they still have one. Your feet hang out on that one and they warn you about flip-flop shoes.

Does anyone know of any major amusement park that still has one of these? Great Adventure in central New Jersey used to have one.

Originally posted by colleen costello
Does anyone know of any major amusement park that still has one of these? Great Adventure in central New Jersey used to have one.
Cedar Point still has one. It runs right down the midway and can save a whole lot of walking.

It's not an amusement park -- but San Diego Zoo still has their Skyfari, as far as I am aware. It's not a sky lift, but more like a gondola.

Adventureland :p in Des Moines IA still has their lift.

Doesn't Blizzard Beach still have this kind of ride to get up to some of it's water slides???

Busch Gardens Williamsburg still operates their three station skyway.

Two in place at the Minnesota State Fair I believe. The newest one was just constructed in 2002 or 2001. Not square baskets, but face forward - 2 or 3 to a unit - open feet ride.

Yes, Great Adventure in Jackson NJ still has the sky ride. It was closed more than it was open this year. It is not my favorite ride, hate the feel of when you go over the wheels at the posts, but it is one of my kids favorite rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!