SWGE Opens at WDW on August 29!

(DL opens May 31st).

What we know about the opening at WDW:
  • Oga’s Cantina (the bar/restaurant) will open in August
  • Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (MFSR) will open in August
  • Rise of the Resistance (RotR) will open at a later day
  • FPs will NOT be available “initially.”

Know Before You Go

Capacity for Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge and its experiences is limited. Access to the park, land and experiences may be restricted or unavailable depending on guest demand and other factors.

Park tickets, Annual Passes, vacation packages and Walt Disney World Resort Hotel stays do not guarantee access to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.

Disney FastPass+ service is unavailable for the attractions in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will not be available at the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and will open later this year.

Disney FAQ:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...udios/star-wars-galaxys-edge/#drawer-card-7-3

Last edited:

Woah! That's not even close to "late fall" and still during free dining. Did they say if that's a public opening or restricted access?

Shock and awe is definitely on my part. I’ll be there October 26-November 1st.

I am happy I have both of my fall trips booked already. I can avoid DHS, but wouldn’t want to be part of the feeding frenzy looking for rooms.

Wow! I really wasn't expecting August. I was hoping for December. I am not sure whether to try to see it in November or wait until next year. My brain says wait, but I am sure my husband's heart will say November. lol

Am I the only one with an early fall (Sept 7-14) trip already booked that is a little bummed by this news? Nervous about what this will mean for crowds during a time that is typically less busy. :(

If I had a September trip planned and I wasn't going for SW, I would cancel. It's going to be insane with SW, Halloween people, all the tris that were supposed to be planned BEFORE it opened. :( Sorry!

I’m not sure what to think about this. We have a trip planned for Sept 7-14 with my parents who hate crowds. We got an amazing PL express deal at AKL that cannot be refunded. We were soooo looking forward to this trip and now I can’t help but feel it will be ruined for my parents. DH, DD and I can handle crowds fine, but they will be irritated and complaining the whole time if it’s a madhouse. I thought we were totally safe fr the beginning of September!! :sad:

We're there first week in September and now I'm stressed. We are Star Wars fans but were planning a trip in Spring to see it and were happy to have our normal Fall trip before it opened.

Rise of the resistance will not be opening as the same time as the land does. Looks like I'll be passing on this until its fully operational. Very disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter