Sweet Lilith I Just Saw the Menus

You get assigned a rotation. Your key to the world will have it listed. So you’ll see something like TP TR AP TP TR TR AP. (TP=Tiana’s, TR=Tritons, AP=Animators Palette. In this example you’d be in Tiana’s Place the first night. And usually the 2nd night you repeat a dining room it’s Pirate Night (in my example night 4).

You can't really choose where you are for Pirate night. You'll be assigned a dining rotation which will be printed on your room key and you go to your assigned dining room each night. On a 7 night cruise, you'll be at one of the restaurants 3 times and the others twice. You can make a request, such as Tiana's for pirate night if that's important to you, and Disney will do their best to assign you to the rotation that has that.

If you want to be in a certain MDR for Pirate Night and that supersedes any other preferences, you can make a request. On Dream Class I usually request Animator’s on Pirate Night. On the Classics I request Animator’s on the first night because it is a super magical way to kick off the cruise.

You get assigned a rotation. Your key to the world will have it listed. So you’ll see something like TP TR AP TP TR TR AP. (TP=Tiana’s, TR=Tritons, AP=Animators Palette. In this example you’d be in Tiana’s Place the first night. And usually the 2nd night you repeat a dining room it’s Pirate Night (in my example night 4).

Is Tp AP TR Tp Ap Tr TP an option? That would be ideal

If you want to be in a certain MDR for Pirate Night and that supersedes any other preferences, you can make a request. On Dream Class I usually request Animator’s on Pirate Night. On the Classics I request Animator’s on the first night because it is a super magical way to kick off the cruise.

I know, I'm a total freak like this, but I actually LIKE AP on the new ships and hate it on the classics. I also much prefer Crush to the animation Magic thing.

Is Tp AP TR Tp Ap Tr TP an option? That would be ideal
The rotations typically on a 7 night cruise are 1231231. In this order, with these choices:

Tiana's, Animator's, Triton's.
Animator's, Triton's, Tiana's
Triton's, Tiana's, Animator's

Hopefully, pirate night is night 4 for you. Then you would request that rotation that puts you in Tianas on nights 1, 4, & 6.

Of course, this assumes the rotations for the 7 night Mexican Rivera is 1231231. If the rotation winds up being, say 1231223, you'd want a rotation that puts you in Tianas on nights 2, 5, & 6 (and there's no such thing).

Am I correct you're traveling Concierge? If so, contact the Concierge shoreside and ask them what the rotation is and what night is pirate night, to figure this out.

Aren't concierge guests allowed to order room service off the MDR menus? I'm not sure why I think this is an option, but I think I've read about it in some trip reports. If that IS the case, then I suppose you could order from Tiana's each night. (Please don't throw rocks if I'm totally wrong :duck:)

Aren't concierge guests allowed to order room service off the MDR menus? I'm not sure why I think this is an option, but I think I've read about it in some trip reports. If that IS the case, then I suppose you could order from Tiana's each night. (Please don't throw rocks if I'm totally wrong :duck:)
Ordering from Tiana's every night would mean that for 3 nights they'd be ordering off the same menu (Rotational). Then there's pirate night. Then the last 3 nights they would be ordering off the same menu (Princess).

It also means you'd be eating in your room every night.

It depends on the level of Concierge room what menus you can order from in-room. If it's just the basic Concierge Verandah room, no.

I would hope with the added cost of Concierge they would do it for me on ONE night, and honestly? That would be the only night I needed it.
Do rotational in AP with Tiana's menu, and Palo's the second night in AP, request that I get Tiana's for the 3 nights, with Triton's for a back up for the 3 nights. And I sail past most of my issues with AP - though the decor still freaks me out a little. I'm sure it has something to do with my Asperger's but I have no clue what. Just usually when I have a weird sensory thing, that's to blame. Now, the only thing left is to figure out how to squeeze a dinner at Cabana's in because I love all the menus except AP.
AP is very LOUD with lots of hard surfaces. My son is on the spectrum (they no longer diagnose aspergers but it's where he'd be if they did) and he kind of zones out there. hard to have a conversation.

I do believe if you are staying in concierge you can request (and have granted) your choice of seating, dining rotation and Palo dinner night so you could control whether you are there at all.

Concierge guests in 1BR, 2BR and the Royals can order from one of the menus (usually Lumière, Royal Court...), available in the Concierge Lounge. They removed the option of ordering from all three dining rooms when guests frequently ordered a patchwork of items from all three dining rooms at the same time. Guests in the Royals can order Palo also.

I would hope with the added cost of Concierge they would do it for me on ONE night, and honestly? That would be the only night I needed it.
In my experience, concierge guests, while being seated around the dining rooms, are assigned experienced servers. That should make it easier to get such a request granted. However, in more than 50 dinners in the MDR as concierge, never has that status been acknowledged by either our servers or our head server. I’m not sure they know about it until you present your card to pay the bill...

In my experience, concierge guests, while being seated around the dining rooms, are assigned experienced servers. That should make it easier to get such a request granted. However, in more than 50 dinners in the MDR as concierge, never has that status been acknowledged by either our servers or our head server. I’m not sure they know about it until you present your card to pay the bill...

Do they not still give out the black lanyards for Concierge? I thought that was the indicator? And before you ask, no I don't wear it to say "hey look at me" I wear it because I'm an avid pin trader at Disney and my pins are always on my lanyard and around my neck. =)

Exactly. The lanyard is based on your CC status. A first time cruiser sailing Concierge would not get a lanyard. The KTTW cards are gold instead of blue.

And I can confirm the no lanyard thing from personal experience on our first DCL Cruise where for some inexplicable reason (because we are not high maintenance, Concierge-type people) my Dad booked us Concierge. My sister, who had cruised DCL before as a full-fare guest (before she started working for the line) got a lanyard but my Mom and Dad and I did not. I knew we would not and had bought us lanyards from DisneyStore.com so we were good to go.

Do they not still give out the black lanyards for Concierge? I thought that was the indicator? And before you ask, no I don't wear it to say "hey look at me" I wear it because I'm an avid pin trader at Disney and my pins are always on my lanyard and around my neck. =)
Your card is a different color. It is gold instead of blue. and the keys are on the card.

I would hope with the added cost of Concierge they would do it for me on ONE night

I wish you luck.

Our “worst” server we ever had on DCL was when we were concierge.

A first time cruiser sailing Concierge would not get a lanyard.

True.

Thankfully we’re Dvc so got a Dvc lanyard. But we already had lanyards from the parks in case we didn’t get the Dvc lanyards. (before this plastic toddler-like bangle business of magic bands)

My last cruise we sat with a couple who never k ow how the cruise thing worked. We explained how dinner worked and then every night all appetizers and desserts were ordered by them. We have asked for the appetizers in a larger portion for our entree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!