Swan & Dolphin Resorts

Kathy Rittenhouse

Earning My Ears
As you can all tell this is our first trip to WDW and I want it to be special for both myself and my son. Which resort the Swan or Dolphin is better? We are staying Club Level so my growing boy can have snacks. When I initially made reservations at the Dolphin, I was told that the Dolphin was more "appropriate" for children. What are your expert opinions.

Thanks so much for all your help on this question and all the others. This board is the greatest!!

Well, I would say the Swan. On club level, if I remember correctly, during the day at the Dolphin snacks are not available, the area is locked. At the Swan there were snacks(chips, fruit, drinks) available most day all day. The Swan club room is less formal than the Dolphin(no glass doors or reception desk). We've been to both and our choice is the Swan. There is a staff women at the Swan named "Momma something" and she will make the you and kids feel very welcome. Enjoy.

Kathy-

You don't indicate age of your 'growing boy'. I assume he might not be a full blown teenager yet or you would be calling him 'bottomless pit' instead of 'growing boy'. ;)

My dd was 9 this summer. She enjoyed the Swan immensely. Mama T is a peach. I don't know about Dolphin schedule, but Swan had breakfast in the a.m. till about 10:00 or 10:30 and then snacks from 5 to 7. There is one hot item each day but some days they were really weird! The fruit, cheese and crackers at nite (along with cookies) should be a good 'filler-upper' for him though. I had that as supper a couple of nites. If there are cookies left after 7, they are normally left out along with some coke's. (I didn't realize that for a few days!) My DS would grab a warm coke before bed and swap it for a cold one from the mini-bar rather than fighting with ice.

I liked the smaller scale of the Swan - easy to access rooms etc. Dolphin is such a quick walk - you can eat at Tubbis if that growing boy wants a good pizza. My DS had pizza about 3 nites for supper. I think $9.99 for cheese plus $1 per topping. It was GOOD too.

At the Swan if you would like chilled bottled water in the morning, just ask. Mama T usually has some cooling in the fridge and if she hasn't run out she will send some with you.

The breakfast layout is wonderful - fruit, bagels, breads, juices, cereals, coffee etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter