SW vs. MGM

paigesmom

Earning My Ears
This is my first post to this board. We are visiting Orlando in November. We will have 5 full days to do the various parks. I have already decided to spend 1 day each at MK & AK. I have two kids - 4 & 6. Can anyone give their opinion on what other parks my kids would enjoy? I am leaning toword SW & IOA. Thanks

IOA and SWF are great choices. Even if the kids can't make the height restrictions for the thrill rides, there are still play areas and many things to do for kids. Definately goto SWF. The shows, petting dolphins, aquariums, and the huge play area behind Shamu stadium will keep them busy all day.

I think SW is an absolute natural for children of this age. There is SO much for them to see and do I don't think you can fail to have a great day. I might be more inclined to do US than IoA with these ages, though. US has Woody Woodpecker's Kidzone, with a whole range of different attractions for under 10s, while IoA has rather less (apart from Seuss Landing, there is actually very little for under 5s, IMHO).

With Kids of that age I'd go for SW over IOA. MUCH MORE that they can get involved in.

IMHO it would make a nice change of pace to the Disney parks as well and if the choice is MGM or SW, I'd go for SW as well.

Sea World is definitely the way to go. Not only is the park very kid friendly, but they have a large splash/play area. Make sure your kids wear swim suits underneath their shorts and t-shirts!

I think IOA is a little more teenage geared. I took my girls, 11 & 9 last year and they still prefer the Disney/Sea World/Busch Gardens and of course, ANY SWIMMING POOL OR WATER PARK!

Good luck on your vacation plans.

SeaWorld is the kind of park you'll feel good about bringing your kids to. And what you'll see is way more amazing than anything at MGM.

I like to paraphrase the old Joyce Kilmer poem:

I think that Walt will never do
A wonder greater than Shamu.

I would bring my children to SW anytime. The shows are awesome and entertaining for any age. The exhibits are captivating and educational. They may not be tall enough to ride the rides (Journey to Atlantis, Wild Arctic, and Kraken), but the rest of the park should be worthwhile.

IOAfan

I agree with the others--I would choose SW over IOA for smaller kids. IOA is great, but if you can't do the big thrill rides, it's probably not worth it, in my opinion. Studios has more attractions, but many of them may be scary for small kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter