SW price drop!

Fantasmic303

DIS Veteran
I hope someone out there can help me! Last month i purchases 3 roundtrip tickets from BDL to las vegas for 297.00 a person on Southwest. I noticed today that they price went down to 276.00 each. Althought its not a big difference would you ask for the price difference in credit. We are planning a trip to Disney in Aug. and every dollar would help. How would i go about this? Thanks for any info, i appreciate it!

Originally posted by Fantasmic303
I hope someone out there can help me! Last month i purchases 3 roundtrip tickets from BDL to las vegas for 297.00 a person on Southwest. I noticed today that they price went down to 276.00 each. Althought its not a big difference would you ask for the price difference in credit. We are planning a trip to Disney in Aug. and every dollar would help. How would i go about this? Thanks for any info, i appreciate it!

For a price drop you need to make sure the flights you want are available, if they are, cancel the first reservation and rebook.
Takes about 3 minutes. I do this with two browser windows open. I book the flights I want all the way up to the purchase screen, then I cancel the original ones. Then I take the original reservaiton number and have it applied to the new reservation.
I know it sounds confusing, but, it is really easy, just follow the prompts.

Thanks Gail! I just have one more question to ask before i do this..if the tickets i bought were nonrefundable and part of that funfare can i still do this?

Yes, you can still do it. You get a non-refundable credit which must be used within a year from your original booking.

Thanks Gail! I just have one more question to ask before i do this..if the tickets i bought were nonrefundable and part of that funfare can i still do this?

Exactly what the prior poster said. :)

Thank you for your help! It worked..we now have $60.00 in our account for an upcoming trip. We still havent received a email confirmation but i did speak to an agent who said it wen through-thanks again

Thank you for your help! It worked..we now have $60.00 in our account for an upcoming trip. We still havent received a email confirmation but i did speak to an agent who said it wen through-thanks again

You are entirely welcome and unless you hit the send me an email it won't show up, BUT, you can access this reservation on line and print it. http://www.southwest.com/travel_center/retrieveItinerary.html

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks for just posting a price reduction. Your post got me to check and I just cancelled and rebooked 2 tickets ALB to SNA and saved $206 for our DL trip. That credit will pretty much buy a RT to MCO for the summer WDW trip.:bounce: ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter