SW - Custom missions

bopper

Which way to the Hundred Acre Woods
How do custom missions work?
I tried to make a custom mission...but when I go back to one I created, all the tasks don't seem to be there.
Also, how does somebody find or run a custom mission?

How do custom missions work?
I tried to make a custom mission...but when I go back to one I created, all the tasks don't seem to be there.
Also, how does somebody find or run a custom mission?
The help page, which the quest interface directs you to for complete details on creating the quests, was offline when I checked earlier today, and it's still not working. (Edit: It's working now, but has no quest-related information; just some links to basic FAQs, the forums, and an email, like it's always had.)

I was able to make a simple test mission after much fumbling around, and it does work, but there doesn't seem to be any way to reward players with XP or tokens if they complete it. I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like the quest maker is the only one who can actually benefit, by charging to do the quest. If this is true, it is essentially no different than gaining tokens from other players in arcade tournaments. This isn't creating more XP or tokens; it is simply shifting around who has them.

I won't try to explain how to use the interface, because I'm not sure I remember what I did, and I still feel like I'm missing something. But the quest has to be activated through an item in your room; there should be a menu in the interface that explains that. I think the only way to find quests that players have created is if they advertise them in their room title or description.

For what it's worth, if anyone wants to try out my simple quest they can visit Alice Blue the 3rd's room called (I think) "Test My Quest!" (No charge to do it.)

I also made a small quest last night. Its a bit awkward but seems like its a very powerful mission engine . Seems like you could do just about anything in it with some knowledge.

I also didnt see how to award any xp or tokens, hopefully they will work on that help page for us :)

Asteroids is not awarding scores for the mission or the tournament

So there are a few things for them to work out but overall I was pretty amazed with all they did. The arcade is huge and so many things I need to buy after I level up that is haha.

I won't try to explain how to use the interface, because I'm not sure I remember what I did, and I still feel like I'm missing something. But the quest has to be activated through an item in your room; there should be a menu in the interface that explains that. I think the only way to find quests that players have created is if they advertise them in their room title or description.

For what it's worth, if anyone wants to try out my simple quest they can visit Alice Blue the 3rd's room called (I think) "Test My Quest!" (No charge to do it.)

Yes, building the quest/mission was a little unique, would be nice if we actually had a quest/mission machine that people could interface with. I have decided that I am using the mysterious orb as my quest/mission interface. I have labeled my room upon entry to click the orb to start the mission.

orb.jpg

In regards to the prizes, I think we may need to post on their boards asking about that.

EDIT: I just tried my active mission several times (not testing), it allowed me to do it over and over again. I did not see a way to prevent the same person from doing a mission over and over again, maybe that is why we don't see the reward system yet. We know their main mission engine does this, so not sure why it is not present in our mission engine. But we are still in beta testing. :)

I did figure out how to "trigger" a mission (sit on a couch in my case), and I tested my mission and it worked, but then when I went back to look at it, it seems though some of the tasks were no longer there.
I thought the help said that people would be rewarded with experience points after they finish a question but it was based on the popularity of the quest and some other vague things.

Thought this topic needed its all thread is all.

On rewards for missions: Some rewards are automatically assigned based on some set of factors that I don't think they've fully disclosed. It does say that one of the factors is the popularity of the mission.

I believe you can give out your own awards. You assign those a reaction to completing a task not for completing the mission (although if you gave it away on the last task that would effectively be the same thing). I'm not in the game right now but I believe it says something about giving an "artifact" as a reaction.

I didn't play with the custom mission thing very long yesterday and I'm working from memory so please correct me if I'm way off. :thumbsup2

The quests do appear to give out XP points and/or tokens independently of any specifications made by the creator. This is going to be interesting!

There can be a bit of delay before a reward shows up.

Not sure how or why it's done, but it seems to be completely randomized. KrazyPete and I made the exact same quest (not even planned that way) and I received tokens upon completion of his, but he did not receive anything after finishing mine. :(

Not sure how or why it's done, but it seems to be completely randomized. KrazyPete and I made the exact same quest (not even planned that way) and I received tokens upon completion of his, but he did not receive anything after finishing mine. :(

so it gave you tokens and him none.... whats the problem??

:rotfl2:

PINK IS A SCAMMER I KNEW IT!

so it gave you tokens and him none.... whats the problem??

:rotfl2:

PINK IS A SCAMMER I KNEW IT!

Aengus Mr.Smart why don't you make us a tutorial to puut a quest in a machine and how to make a quest :) (I like pink better) LOL :hug:

I am not the person to put a quest tutorial together. I have been spending most of my time in the arcade trying out all the games :)

I put together a very short and sweet mission this afternoon. It's all about..... well, ME! princess:

Please feel free to stop by and do it, even when I'm not signed in. I believe you can just search my name, Pink Girlygirl, and then enter my Home Space. You start the mission by clicking the red rose I have placed on my picnic table.

I can't vouch for XP or tokens that you may or may not receive. I cannot figure out the logic behind how and why some missions give these out and others do not. Hopefully, you'll get lucky with mine!

Enjoy!

I put together a very short and sweet mission this afternoon. It's all about..... well, ME! princess:

Please feel free to stop by and do it, even when I'm not signed in. I believe you can just search my name, Pink Girlygirl, and then enter my Home Space. You start the mission by sitting down on the oaken chair I placed in the doorway.

I can't vouch for XP or tokens that you may or may not receive. I cannot figure out the logic behind how and why some missions give these out and others do not. Hopefully, you'll get lucky with mine!

Enjoy!

Of course I finished it. after 7 hourse LOL :rotfl: :lmao:

Of course I finished it. after 7 hourse LOL :rotfl: :lmao:

Oh gosh! Don't tell people that! Nobody will want to do my mission! :rotfl2:

It's SIMPLE! Really it is!

Little tip for you: When I ask you to say something in the mission, you can't use whisper mode! :rolleyes1

I will have to go searching for your mission later, I have played some great user made missions the past couple of days :)

I will have to go searching for your mission later, I have played some great user made missions the past couple of days :)

Heh, don't be expecting much! Mine is far from "great,"... but yeah... you already knew that :dance3:

Woot! Thanks for the easy mission, Pink! I did it this morning.

Yay! Glad you could make it! Hopefully, you received some tokens and/or xp experience. And I take it you didn't spend 7 hours completing it like "someone else" did...

Speaking of which, I have found a GREAT way of earning tokens and leveling up my xp experience - playing with people's stereos, watching videos, or drawing on my canvas! Woot! Much more my speed! :banana:

Hi Pink,
I and a Smallworld Helper named Jade completed your mission last night. Well done!:thumbsup2 Also stayed and played a game of pool. Did not see a guest book to sign though:confused3 .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter