SW and credit extension date

mmouse50

DIS Veteran
I have a credit with Southwest that expires 6/3/12. I am planning on paying the extra to extend the credit once it expires but I was wondering does anyone know how long the new extension is for? Is it 6 months or 12?

I have trip planned for 12/9 - 12/16 and was wondering if I have to starting thinking about changing my dates if it is only good for 6 months.

I was under the impression that they stopped letting you buy extensions to use credit, but I may be wrong. I'd like to know the answer to this also, as I also have credit that I'd like to get extended.

Anyone know?:confused3

I just extended a credit yesterday that had expired last month.....they told me we had 6 months from when the credit expired to call.....they charge 75 ..taken off the amount of your credit..to issue you a LUV voucher which expires 6 months from when you call...and anyone can use the voucher....so if you want to travel on 12/16 call after 6/16 to extend

Thank you for the information - but I have one more question - is it 6 mos. from the end of the trip or the beginning. I have almost 350.00 in credit so it will be a round trip ticket, so I am assuming that I have to call when I have 6 mos. remaining from my return flight. Right?

Thank you for the information - but I have one more question - is it 6 mos. from the end of the trip or the beginning. I have almost 350.00 in credit so it will be a round trip ticket, so I am assuming that I have to call when I have 6 mos. remaining from my return flight. Right?
Yes that's right 6 months from your return flight....they will take the 75 fee off your credit so you'll have 275 on the LUV voucher to use

Does anyone know if I need to wait for the credit to expire before extending it? They're having a great sale on our flights to Cali later this month. I could use the difference toward flights for a potential March trip but our currents funds don't expire until Nov 20.

Also our Cali flights are booked as separate one way flights with 2 confirmation #s. (long story, used credits) (Dh & ds12 are on points anyway so no deal for them.)
To get the special pricing that would create credits, it would have to be cancelled and rebooked as RT. Our credits would then be made up of 4 different confirmation #s. Could I book something with ds15 & I together to combine the 4 confirmation #s into one confirmation # so we only pay the $75 once?

I hope I'm making sense; I'm a little sleep deprived. :coffee:

Does anyone know if I need to wait for the credit to expire before extending it? They're having a great sale on our flights to Cali later this month. I could use the difference toward flights for a potential March trip but our currents funds don't expire until Nov 20.

Also our Cali flights are booked as separate one way flights with 2 confirmation #s. (long story, used credits) (Dh & ds12 are on points anyway so no deal for them.)
To get the special pricing that would create credits, it would have to be cancelled and rebooked as RT. Our credits would then be made up of 4 different confirmation #s. Could I book something with ds15 & I together to combine the 4 confirmation #s into one confirmation # so we only pay the $75 once?

I hope I'm making sense; I'm a little sleep deprived. :coffee:

Unfortunately, you do have to let the credit actually expire before you can extend it.

Can multiple passengers use the same voucher? I understand anyone can use it but does it the whole voucher go to that one person?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter