Sushi on Board?

happymommy

DIS Veteran
Sushi on Board?

I'm booked on our first cruise Aug 26th (7 night western) in a cat. 3.

One of my favorite foods is sushi/sashimi - actually whole family loves it. Just wondering if they ever offer that either in dining rooms or suites? My DH is Korean, and we like Asian food (I'm caucasian).

Love to hear from suite veterans!

On the 4-night there was a seafood buffet one day for lunch including sushi made right there in front of you. Nothing too exotic, though, but we enjoyed it.

There will also be an Asian buffet for lunch during your cruise! :)

We thought the sushi (maki rolls) at the Asian buffet was awful. We are sorta sushi snobs though. And one nite there was some sort of sushi-ish appetizer, but I don't think we liked that either. The stir-fry to order at the Asian lunch buffet was the best thing they offered that day--really good and fresh!

Hey, I'm on the same cruise... (not Cat. 3 though)

I love sushi too. My kids eat it as well.. but they go for more of the tame stuff.

What day is the Asian lunch buffett? That sounds like that could be promising.

LisaSp said:
We thought the sushi (maki rolls) at the Asian buffet was awful. We are sorta sushi snobs though. And one nite there was some sort of sushi-ish appetizer, but I don't think we liked that either. The stir-fry to order at the Asian lunch buffet was the best thing they offered that day--really good and fresh!

I agree that the sushi onboard was terrible. Actually I found it inedible. The California Roll appetizer is nothing like a real California Roll. The sushi at the Asian buffet (as LisaSP said, only maki rolls) was better but still not very good.

If you are used to goood sushi I"m afraid you'll be terribly disappointed by what is available.

Chiming in here also, the sushi on board was truly inedible the rice was so overcooked it was gummy, we could only eat it with a ton of wasabi to kill our tastebuds.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter