Surprised the kids, wife, and my readers w/ a 2 week trip to AoA!(*NEW* 11-7)

You are so funny! Love your updates! Glad you had a great time, the place looks beautiful! If my DH saw that pic of bobcats being there we would have had to go back out and look for them.

Looks like a cool place stay.

You and Candi sure are adventurous. Looks very pretty there.

I would have freaked had I seen that Bob Cat :scared1:

Loved the video of candi and her Ninja skills :rotfl:

Sounds like a nice getaway. So nice to get a weekend like that.

Fun update, love the inn and park and all the ice. Fridge in the bathroom makes me thinks of medicine???

You are so funny! Love your updates! Glad you had a great time, the place looks beautiful! If my DH saw that pic of bobcats being there we would have had to go back out and look for them.
thanks, even though candi was mastering her ninja skills, i had left my ice dagger behind so i dont know how much of a match we would be for that bobcat...next time ill take your husband along and he can handle it. :thumbsup2
Looks like a cool place stay.

You and Candi sure are adventurous. Looks very pretty there.

I would have freaked had I seen that Bob Cat :scared1:

Loved the video of candi and her Ninja skills :rotfl:
it is a lot of fun there we go there camping every year, but first time there in the winter.

i enjoyed her ninja noises while kicking it.:)

Sounds like a nice getaway. So nice to get a weekend like that.
it was thanks.

As many as I want:rolleyes1:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
::yes::

Dan that cabin looked awesome so rustic !! The Bath fridge is definately hmmm different !!!!
yep a certain first for us.

Fun update, love the inn and park and all the ice. Fridge in the bathroom makes me thinks of medicine???

it made for some great scenary while hiking it was really nice.

im thinking it was the best spot to plug it in...some of the other plugs were not that well placed so might be why they chose to put it there.

Nope no band, i have seen them once when i was a teenager pop up, but nothing since them...i wonder if there is a schedule of performances like that?

I don't know -I haven't seen anything about a schedule of times. I thought maybe it was just random. We've been lucky and have seen it twice.

I don't know -I haven't seen anything about a schedule of times. I thought maybe it was just random. We've been lucky and have seen it twice.

hmmm, now you have my interest to see if there is a schedule or something.
:scratchin

All caught up finally. The kids looked so excited to head to the water park! Such cuties. pirate:princess: Looks like a good day at TL so far.

Nice update on your park adventure. I remember the ladders from a Summer hike you took. It looks cold, but you were bundled up so it's all good, I guess! Tell Candi nice job on the Colts hat - that was a good trick!:rotfl2: Downright neighborly of you to warn the old folks about the ice ahead. :thumbsup2

All caught up finally. The kids looked so excited to head to the water park! Such cuties. pirate:princess: Looks like a good day at TL so far.

Nice update on your park adventure. I remember the ladders from a Summer hike you took. It looks cold, but you were bundled up so it's all good, I guess! Tell Candi nice job on the Colts hat - that was a good trick!:rotfl2: Downright neighborly of you to warn the old folks about the ice ahead. :thumbsup2

well now that yo uare caught up i can work on the next update.:thumbsup2

they love water so they were always pumped for water days.

we have one more trip there planned this year but that will be in the fall. it was really cold, teens temps. but the only thing cold was our faces as we had so much clothes on.

she was nasty sneaky with that stocking hat trick.
:headache:

Chapter 30. Rest of Water Park Day.

Camera in hand parker and i made it back over to the play area for the kids.

There was a little stream type that went around most of the front of the area, that the kids liked to walk through.
DSC07401.jpg

This was parkers favorite thing in the kid area.
DSC07403.jpg

and a little video of it...notice the thrilled kid in front of parker, must be about a year to old for this kiddy stuff.

Lets see how noelle does on the quick kid slides.
DSC07406.jpg

and shes safe
DSC07407.jpg

we found one that worked a little better for her size.
DSC07409.jpg

then she wanted to stroll around and check out the toddlers/babies in the area.
DSC07412.jpg

right after this little off the shoulder strap checking out the other little boy i took her back to the hotel and locked her up.
DSC07415.jpg

these slides had potential but no kid could get any speed on them, they had to scoot the whole way down.
DSC07419.jpg

besides the river tub ride, this was one of parkers favorites, he liked spraying people as they went by with the water cannons.
DSC07422.jpg

i told noelle that she needed to sit by me so i could monitor all of the little flirting she was working on, so she sat on my leg where i could scare off the likely suiters that would come her way.
DSC07429.jpg

most of the water cannons were too high for him to see where he was shooting so they were blind shots, he was trying to get candi here.
DSC07430.jpg

flirting, tube rides, and cannon shots over, it was time for some sharks.
no matter my convincing, i could not get anyone else to go with me so i was riding solo for this adventure.
DSC07432.jpg

i saw a good amount of sharks, fish, a few stink rays, but it just wasnt the same as when we snorkled, and snuba dived in maui, ;)
DSC07435.jpg

parker enjoyed his catch while i was in the deep blue.
DSC07436.jpg

having done most of what we wanted to we decided it was time to eat lunch, but nothing was tickling our fancy that much here, so we opted to head out and grab lunch at our resort.

on the way out i thought it was the perfect time for noelle to have her first mickey ice cream.

we opted for the sandwich instead of the mickey bar.

loving the first bite.
DSC07438.jpg

the first family shot on the way out had parker with a mouth full and noelle trying to get another bite.

DSC07439.jpg

next had her going at it again, and wondering why it is just sitting there in my hand when it should be in her tummy.
DSC07440.jpg

last and final one, she had a mouth full and was somewhat satisfied, maybe because her brother had chocolate teeth in this one.
DSC07441.jpg

back at the resort, we grabbed lunch which was the make your own pasta for candi, parker had the mac and cheese which was really good.

i had the tandori beef which i told the lady i would not be upset if she opted to give me more beef than veggies in the scoops she was getting.
DSC07443.jpg

the green and white stuff was different i forget what it was, but i ate a little of the white stuff i think some kind of cheese but the beef rice, and bread was awesome,

and in the corner you can see the mickey head desert, it was the mickey ganoche...some people have said that it is way to strong for them, but i loved it.

the few bites i was allowed before parker claimed the rest...it is a very rich dark chocolate but i thought it was just right.

next chapter candi and i are up for parents of the year award.:rolleyes1

have a great weekend everyone.

Eek, a bobcat! :scared1: I'm glad you guys turned around!

My trip was great, thanks for asking! We loved AoA and would definitely stay again. Made sure to point out the hidden Mickeys you and Candi found to my sister!

That first picture of Parker looks like he's testing the water with a toe, haha! :rotfl:

You've got some hilarious pictures of Noelle! What a little flirt!

Lucky for Candi, Parker's too short to use his well practiced aiming skills with the water cannon!

Definitely jealous you did the shark snorkeling. I was dying to do that last time I visited the Lagoon but forgot. Everyone always seems to rave about it! Glad you went, even if by yourself! :goodvibes

Looks like the rest of day at water park was great

Looks like a cute little kiddie area

Noelle really liked that Mickey sandwich I see

Love the family shots with her focus totally on that :rotfl:

this is such an entertaining trip report! I especially love that you cover the water parks because I haven't seen much of them before.

i had the tandori beef which i told the lady i would not be upset if she opted to give me more beef than veggies in the scoops she was getting.
DSC07443.jpg

the green and white stuff was different i forget what it was, but i ate a little of the white stuff i think some kind of cheese but the beef rice, and bread was awesome,

That there would be saag paneer, pretty much my favourite foodstuff in the world. Now I might have to go over to AoA for a lunch...

Its basically a indian cottage cheese (paneer - the white stuff) cooked with spinich (saag) and depending on the chef, different (mild) spices / aromatics.

Yummm.

The food there does look delicious. So exciting to see Disney mixing things up at the food courts. The naan looks great too.

And now I need a curry. :confused3

Looking forward to your next update. This TR has been a delight to read.

The kid in front of Parker on that tube ride is priceless!

The water in the shark reef is like ice compared to the rest of the park!

Great Update Dan !! Noelle is quite the flirt I see!!! Just wait Dan !!!:rotfl2:The kids slide looks about my speed !!:rotfl2: Parker's fav though looks a little scarey:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter