"Surprise! You're going on a Disney Cruise!!"

Off-topic: Woohoo Natale, good to see another (adorable!) Dexter! It's my very favorite name ever. :thumbsup2

thanks! :flower3: I had the name picked out for years before he was born. I'm glad it fit him!

I am surprising my daughter this Xmas with a WDW trip for 7 days and then onto the cruise for 7 days.
I think she has kinda clued in about the WDW part, but has NO clue about the cruise, as far as she knows, its really expensive and nothing we could ever afford! LOL.
I am using my mom's present to surprise her - My mom bought her a pink dell laptop and I am going to get her to turn it on, try it out (and it will look like this is the last present of the morning - nothing else left under the tree), and then tell her to check her email.
I have made a powerpoint presentation that shows her all the details of the trip - starting with our airport hotel and flight and it drags on and finally she will see the magical express, and then I am so mean - I say on it we are staying at All Star Sports (she would NEVER want to stay there - not a sporty girl at all), and then say 'oops its the Music' no 'oops its the Movies' and no oops...Its Pop Century (which she loves) and then a final OOPS no its POFQ (she dreams of staying there), then I go through a day by day itineray - at this point its about 5 mins into the video - I drag it out so much....LOL. Then I say its time to go home (after a week), but wait.....thats not the magical express bus waiting.....and show her the cruise bus and then the cruise - and then I go through all of that. She is going to flip out!
I had so much fun making the powerpoint too! I will videotape it and post it on boxing day!

I saw that one when you first posted it. I LOVED it!!!!! You are such a sweet hubby. :thumbsup2

Well, my wifey-poo spoils me too and she deserved that special treat!!! We will be celebrating our 33rd wedding anniversary this coming Friday 10/24. :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

Next year, we sail away on the day of our 34th wedding anniversary!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Well, my wifey-poo spoils me too and she deserved that special treat!!! We will be celebrating our 33rd wedding anniversary this coming Friday 10/24. :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

Next year, we sail away on the day of our 34th wedding anniversary!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Awww congrats! Happy Anniversary! :flower3:

I wish you both the best!

Love everyone's surprises!! We surprised DS in February with a cruise. I told him at bedtime Thursday evening that I had to wake him up early for a surprise. He said ok. So Friday morning, at 6 we woke him up and I had to carry him out to the living room (he was 6 at the time). I had made a tee shirt that read "I'm flying to Florida". He was so tired, there was almost no reaction. DH and I were sick to our stomachs for a second because we thought he didn't want to go. He was just too tired to react. In a couple of minutes he was buzzing around asking if could bring this or that. In his little mind Florida = Disney, so he was getting his lanyard and Disney hats, glasses, etc. So, off to Miami without a hitch. He didn't even think it was wierd that we ran into friends and family at the airport. They were all going to Florida:rotfl: In Miami, he thought we were hanging out there for a week, because his only time question was "when do we have to go home?" Score!!!! We watched the ships sail out that evening, he mentioned how much he would like to go;) The next morning, I had another tee shirt waiting for him. This one read, "My first cruise Liberty of the Seas". He was shrieking and jumping around. It was awesome. It was a great feeling. He still talks about his surprise cruise. But he is also ok with our next one not being a surprise:cloud9:

P.S. Hi Michele! Had to come check out these boards, too!

How very sweet, Verandah Man! DH and I celebrated our 39th aboard the Wonder in May, 2005, and will be helping best friends celebrate their 40th on the Wonder cruise of January 11. :lovestruc :lovestruc I'm thinking of booking something for May while we're on board (sneakily, of course!) so DH and I can celebrate #43 aboard the Wonder.:lovestruc :lovestruc I think I LOVE this tradition!:dance3:

Queen Colleen

How very sweet, Verandah Man! DH and I celebrated our 39th aboard the Wonder in May, 2005, and will be helping best friends celebrate their 40th on the Wonder cruise of January 11. :lovestruc :lovestruc I'm thinking of booking something for May while we're on board (sneakily, of course!) so DH and I can celebrate #43 aboard the Wonder.:lovestruc :lovestruc I think I LOVE this tradition!:dance3:

Queen Colleen

We'll be aboard the May 21st sailing of the Wonder. Our friends are getting married on that cruise, we can't wait to be a part of their special day!!! :goodvibes

We'll be surprising our kids on Christmas morning with a 7 day Eastern for November 09. Yes they'll still have a long wait, but hey I booked it in December 07 so I will have waited a year already!! It's their "big" Christmas gift and everyone is in on it but them. :3dglasses

I'd like to end my scavenger hunt with a puzzle that spells out "We're Sailing on the Magic", but I don't know where to get blank puzzles. Ideally, I'd like to have one where I take a photo of the Magic and add text, like on a door magnet design. Can anyone help?

....Ideally, I'd like to have one where I take a photo of the Magic and add text, like on a door magnet design. Can anyone help?

You can order puzzles online at Snapfish and/or Kodak Gallery. So all you need to do is graphicially add the text on top of your Magic photo!

Hope that's a good solution for you!

I had to jump on board. I suprised my 3 kids on the first day of school this year. I had booked our cruise in May. I had my parents in on it and I sent them on a scavenger hunt. At each point of the hunt there was an envelope that had a word they had to unscramble and I had made a poster from pictures from the DCL brochure. So once the clue was figured out they put the words on the poster "We are going on a Disney Cruise", and that hung in our home until we left 2 months later. It was a great suprise, as my husband and I are seperated and going through a divorce. The kids have seen their standard of living change, so they never would have thought they would be going on a cruise. I am thankful I have the parents I have, or we never would have gotten to go on the trip. I am truly blessed. My DS13 reaction was not what I expected at first, he thought I was pulling some DR. Phil trip on them and it was a project for them to get along better and not bicker. He was mortified that I would have my parents in on something like that, so he was shooting me these looks like "What are you doing"? My DD9 is a drama queen, so she was jumping and cheering and putting on a real show and my DS6 said; "Is this for real". He couldn't believe it.

We have been back from our trip for exactly a month and we still have the poster up! And look at the pictures from the trip at least once a day. I would love to suprise them again in a few years, but I think this time I would just not tell them at all, not until I got to the airport anyways. I love these stories and I think it is something that everyone remembers forever.

I had found ASHMAN's trip report on how he sent his girls on a scavenger hunt and thats what I did. 12 clues leading up to telling them at xmas we were going on a cruise

100_6382.jpg

We actually were in WDW when they had the preview center set up for DCL on Main Street back in the late 90's. That is where I bought the DCL t-shirts for our kids as a surprise (ha...they only had XL sizes!!). They opened up the shirts at Christmas and that is how we surprised them with the Maiden Voyage Cruise of the Magic. The pic was from Christmas '97 (we already had booked the cruise) but the Maiden Voyage was delayed a few times and did not actually sail until July 30, 1998. I believe the first date was scheduled for March 12, 1998 and then delayed twice.

Then....Christmas 1997

christmas1997.jpg

And 8 years later...still enjoying the Magic and Wonder!!!

JAN065.jpg

We actually were in WDW when they had the preview center set up for DCL on Main Street back in the late 90's.

Then....Christmas 1997...And 8 years later...still enjoying the Magic and Wonder!!!

I LOVE seeing the contrast of time here! Thanks for sharing!

We'll be surprising our kids on Christmas morning with a 7 day Eastern for November 09. Yes they'll still have a long wait, but hey I booked it in December 07 so I will have waited a year already!! It's their "big" Christmas gift and everyone is in on it but them. :3dglasses

I'd like to end my scavenger hunt with a puzzle that spells out "We're Sailing on the Magic", but I don't know where to get blank puzzles. Ideally, I'd like to have one where I take a photo of the Magic and add text, like on a door magnet design. Can anyone help?

We booked our February 09 cruise in December 07 so I feel your pain!:goodvibes Waiting to tell the kids is a huge deal but it's been worth it. I can't wait until Christmas morning.

I figured out how we're telling them. I knew I wanted to do a treasure hunt and actually make them work for it this time! So last week I made up the clues. Each clue has a Disney or ocean reference in it and each clue will be accompanied by a letter. Once they get all of the clues and letters their last clue will explain what they need to do with the letters. They have to unscramble them and spell out "Mickey's Boat" (my youngest is 2 and that's what he calls the ships). The clues came out really cute if I do say so myself...:lovestruc I'm quite proud of them. I rhymed them and everything! lol :laughing: Dh thought I was nuts. I think I'm going to be more excited than the kids on Christmas morning.

Oh, we're going to wrap the first clue in a humongous, giant box filled with packing peanuts. I figured that would be a nice way to start off. At least they'll get to unwrap something. And I'm sure they'll be surprised when they realize it's something so small inside the huge box!

I can't wait!:yay:

My mom is trying to have one last family reunion where she thinks everyone can be there before the grandkids start with summer jobs and college and so forth. Here is the invite she sent out via e-mail today:

Ahoy, Mateys,

This is yer Captain Grammy Goldheart speakin’. Pack your rags, amass yer offspring, and get yer carcasses to the Port Canaveral pier no later than 10 a.m. sharp on Saturday, Oct. 23, 2010. If yer late, ye’ll be a walkin’ the plank, fer sure. Our Family Reunion voyage will span a week’s time and three islands. You have much pillaging to do in order to manage all the loot we’ll be a gatherin’ and the good times we’ll be a havin’.

Here be the docket all 35 of us wayfarin’ scoundrels will be a followin’. Iff’n ye have any questions, send them via sea by corked bottle to Lake Erie.

Saturday
Port Canaveral - 4:00PM
Sunday
At Sea
Monday
At Sea
Tuesday
St. Maarten - 8:00 a.m. - 7:00PM
Wednesday
St. Thomas/St. John 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Thursday
At Sea
Friday
Castaway Cay 9:30AM - 5:00PM
Saturday
Port Canaveral 7:35AM

Be mindful, me rogues, that the ship waits for no one, so be there on time or be keelhauled. Ye can check out our seaworthy raft (?!?!?) at www.disneycruise.disney.go.com where ye’ll see the grub ye’ll have to choke down, the deplorable conditions ye’ll have to sleep in, and the islands we’ll be a’ plunderin’.

More information will be coming as our Captain deems necessary. Yer on a need-to-know-basis, and rit’ now, that’s all ya need to know.

Argh!

Captain Granny Goldheart

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter