Surprise BDay trip for DD10..help!

set1208

Mouseketeer
I am taking my DD for a surprise trip to the world for her 10th birthday in a few weeks and could use some help on how to make it extra special without breaking the bank. We have 5 kids so to take just one on such a special trip is a big deal. The trip alone is going to be amazing for her but I want to make her actual birthday day memorable.

We're arriving on a Sunday and her birthday is the next day. We are staying at ASMu and leaving that Wednesday. Since it's just the two of us, I don't think there will be any opportunity to decorate unless I try to do it while she's sleeping.

I can't wait to hear your suggestions....Thank you!

Hi! I think that you're daughter is going to be SO happy to have this trip for her birthday:bday:!! There are many things that make a birthday special at Disney. If you can, do a search on the DIS forum for "birthday" and you'll see LOTS. We celebrated birthdays in December also at the ASMu! It was great!:goodvibes First of all, when you check in tell them about the birthday and she'll get her "Happy Birthday" button right away. She should wear it all the time - you'll be amazed how many people tell her Happy Birthday! Also, ask for a balloon and stickers, if they have them. They make life more fun party: If you are doing any table service meals or character meals, tell them that you are celebrating a birthday when you make the reservation, and again when you get there. We got cupcakes, signed cards, songs and dances! Don't be shy, announce it all over the place and you'll get great results:cheer2:
There are more things to do that involve more money - like ordering from Disney Florists (they have some birthday packages that they deliver and set up in your room while you're gone). We didn't feel the need. It was happy enough just with the regular stuff!
Mostly, just enjoy the 1 on 1 time. Being the Mom of 4 kids I know how special that time can be.
Have fun!

Are you going to make her a shirt? That is the way I told my granddaughter that she was going with me and my sister's grandson..I made a sweatshirt that she opened on Christmas that said, " Surprise, you are going to Walt Disney World and the date" I did something similar for my sister's granddaughter..except, I made the shirt and gave it to her when she had her tonsils out, she couldn't talk, but the smile and the surprise on her face was all I needed:) If you have made ressies, be sure to tell them that it is her birthday, McKenna had so many well wishes and cupcakes for breakfast...she just kept saying, this is so magical:) If you haven't made ressies, maybe on her birthday she could pick just something extra special to do....Enjoy, and reap the benefits of the magic....:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter