Surfing lessons for Kids?

OffToDWD

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at Aulani in March and my kids (6 and 11) are interested in taking some surfing lessons. Any recommendations? It doesn't have to be near the resort... we will have a rental car and willing to drive. I found North Shore Surf Girls online and they offer tandem surf lessons for the younger ones (which sounds good for my 6 year old!) - does anyone have any experience with North Shore Surf Girls?

Thanks!

Good question.... I will be watching for reply’s alsp. Sounds like a great time for my kids

We used Uncle Bryan's and it was awesome!!! We signed up on line ahead of time. My husband and 2 kids did it (I have some back issues so I brought my kindle and read and swam while they surfed). The instructors were great (my kids are 13 and 9) and everyone was surfing from the first wave! I also paid to have the pictures taken while they were out there. These are some of the best pictures of our entire trip! Those were extra, $25/pp so $75 total. It was definitely one of the highlights of our trip!surf2.jpgsurf1.jpgsurf3.jpg

We used Uncle Bryan's and it was awesome!!! We signed up on line ahead of time. My husband and 2 kids did it (I have some back issues so I brought my kindle and read and swam while they surfed). The instructors were great (my kids are 13 and 9) and everyone was surfing from the first wave! I also paid to have the pictures taken while they were out there. These are some of the best pictures of our entire trip! Those were extra, $25/pp so $75 total. It was definitely one of the highlights of our trip!View attachment 435180View attachment 435181View attachment 435178
Nice! What's the minimum age for this?

We used Uncle Bryan's and it was awesome!!! We signed up on line ahead of time. My husband and 2 kids did it (I have some back issues so I brought my kindle and read and swam while they surfed). The instructors were great (my kids are 13 and 9) and everyone was surfing from the first wave! I also paid to have the pictures taken while they were out there. These are some of the best pictures of our entire trip! Those were extra, $25/pp so $75 total. It was definitely one of the highlights of our trip!View attachment 435180View attachment 435181View attachment 435178

Awesome pictures! Thanks!

We are also going next March, and my 8-year-old daughter wants to take surf lessons on Hawaii. (My 10-year-old daughter is nervous about trying.)

Uncle Bryan's looks great -- thanks for sharing the wonderful photos. Is the North Shore a viable option for beginners in March, though? I've read the waves are pretty large on the North Shore during the winter and only experienced surfers should attempt it.

Oahu is a great place for beginning surfing, they know the spots and will not put you in dangerous surf. If you are a beginner you have to have a lesson, not something you can do on your own, but everyone on a lesson will catch waves and stand up. I would do the group lesson, cheaper and you get a little rest time

We did Uncle Bryan’s Surf Surratt too, they have a photographer also. We had a blast, they were great.

Our kids were 6 & 8, they both rode tandem with the instructor.E3D0EDA7-ABC7-421F-958E-BA691B427A88.jpeg

We used Surf up HI. They offer lessons in Waikiki or Kopolei which is near Aulani. We LOVED them! Very patient with the kids. Wonderful family business. We are using them again next summer. They offer photo package as well. IMG_3708.JPG happy surfing!!

Thanks - did you book through Aulani or directly with Surf HNL?
We had a car, and also wanted 1:1 private lessons for adults (which Aulani didn't offer), so we booked direct. If you don't have a car, booking with Aulani includes transfers, which is really nice as the beach our lesson was at would be challenging to find without GPS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts