sure wish parents would watch their kids

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
we were at WDW last week-- we were on the bus coming back from disney springs on the 27th when a family got on two kids a boy and girl around 4 for the girl and 5 or so for the boy

they run to the very back of the bus sitting on the sideways seat while the parents? sit below by the back door--these kids were all over wrestling on the seats

looked over once the the boy was literly on top of the girl--that did not look good wonder where they saw this from--the dad is sitting in his seat laughing at the whole thing

never once did mom or dad try to control there kids--they also had a baby whom Im surprised they didnt have the other watch the baby--

wonder what they would have done if one of the kids feel and got hurt Im sure they would have tried to blame disney--

it just annoys me how parents just let their kids run wild

just a vent--thanks for listening

we were at WDW last week-- we were on the bus coming back from disney springs on the 27th when a family got on two kids a boy and girl around 4 for the girl and 5 or so for the boy

they run to the very back of the bus sitting on the sideways seat while the parents? sit below by the back door--these kids were all over wrestling on the seats

looked over once the the boy was literly on top of the girl--that did not look good wonder where they saw this from--the dad is sitting in his seat laughing at the whole thing

never once did mom or dad try to control there kids--they also had a baby whom Im surprised they didnt have the other watch the baby--

wonder what they would have done if one of the kids feel and got hurt Im sure they would have tried to blame disney--

it just annoys me how parents just let their kids run wild

just a vent--thanks for listening
I agree.

Oh yeah. I’ve seen parents like that before. Totally clueless! They were probably both raised by parents who didn’t pay any attention to them either. Manners and morals don’t even exist anymore for a big part of the younger generation. That’s a big part of what’s wrong with our country.

Years ago, we stood on a bus while a kid about 7 ish, slept on a bus laying across several seats. Probably those same spots on a bus you speak of. Mom was sitting across the aisle. Not a word said.

I'd never allow my kids to act like that on a bus. But, if there were other empty seats, and no one was standing, they weren't kicking or touching anyone else, who cares? As far as the boy being on top of the girl, have you ever watched kids wrestle around and play? At that age, my boys would have played like that and I promise they'd never seen anything like what you are inferring. Thats just how kids play when they are wrestling around. The fact that your mind went there has nothing to do with the kids or the parents.
Years ago, we stood on a bus while a kid about 7 ish, slept on a bus laying across several seats. Probably those same spots on a bus you speak of. Mom was sitting across the aisle. Not a word said.
Now this is totally different. If there are others needing seats then yeah, it's def rude to allow your kids to take up that much space.

I just don't get the judging parents for stuff like this. It's one thing if its causing harm to others or being disrespectful to others or something. But just because you don't think it's proper? And to assume that if their kids had gotten hurt they'd go after Disney? Are some people like that, sure. But I'm a big fan of the phrase "play stupid games, win stupid prizes". If my kids get hurt doing something stupid, it's no ones fault but theirs or mine. And most people I know are the same.

Also, there are plenty of times where it seems like I'm not paying attention to my kids, but I am. I'm aware of what they are doing. Sometimes I'm making a choice to let them work something out on their own, or learn a lesson the hard way because listening to mom is just too easy. Sometimes parents just get tapped out, especially after a long day at Disney, and you look at your kids and say they aren't hurting themselves, or anyone else, it's not worth the fight.

This is my least favorite part of parenting. Knowing no matter what I do, or which tactic I choose to deal with a kid situation, if it's in public, someone is judging me. I'm either too nice, or too harsh, or let it go too long, or should have just let them play or whatever. It's exhausting.

Oh yeah. I’ve seen parents like that before. Totally clueless! They were probably both raised by parents who didn’t pay any attention to them either. Manners and morals don’t even exist anymore for a big part of the younger generation. That’s a big part of what’s wrong with our country.
Please tell me you are joking. Aren't you the person whose husband falls asleep in his recliner each night leaving you to clean up dinner in addition to a million other things you say he is inconsiderate about? Not to mention that your adult children/spouses sit on their behinds and never help you during a holiday? Before throwing stones perhaps take a peek in your glass house about manners and morals and how people have been raised and what behavior has been modeled for them.

I am so tired of people saying this "young generation" has no manners. You generally see what you expect to find.

Last edited:

I am so tired of people saying this "young generation" has no manners. You generally see what you expect to find.

A lot of young people do lack manners. But it makes the polite ones really stand out.
I just don't get the judging parents for stuff like this. It's one thing if its causing harm to others or being disrespectful to others or something.
I think it is extremely disrespectful to wrestle and run around on a bus, especially to the bus driver. I will sit and judge a parent that is allowing their kids to run around on a bus.

Please tell me you are joking. Aren't you the person whose husband falls asleep in his recliner each night leaving you to clean up dinner in addition to a million other things you say he is inconsiderate about? Not to mention that your adult children/spouses sit on their behinds and never help you during a holiday? Before throwing stones perhaps take a peek in your glass house about manners and morals and how people have been raised and what behavior has been modeled for them.

Seriously

While my kid would have never gotten away with that, as long as the bus wasn't crowded and they weren't bothering anyone (other than the noise) I wouldn't pay attention to it. Now if I'm sitting next to them because I was there before they got on or it was the only seat available and their play got to the point one of them kicked me, I might mention something to the parents or even politely say to the kid "ouch, did you know you kicked me?"

I have seen kids hanging from the rails above the seats and swinging and just knew they were going to fall at some point and hurt themselves but they didn't. Both parents were sitting where they were hanging but neither had a hand up just in case, one was holding a baby. It was a Dolphin bus and the parents had just had a long heated argument with the bus driver because he wouldn't let them bring the double stroller on board and made them stow it underneath. That is the policy of the Mears buses and Dad wasn't happy that he had to fold up the stroller. We had just folded the one we had with my grand daughter in it just before they got there, no problem. My son was so funny, when we got off the bus he looked at me, smiled and said "I would have liked to have seen what would have happened if I'd tried that when I was little" I asked him if he thought he would have even thought about doing something like that and he smiled and shook his head no.

I think it is extremely disrespectful to wrestle and run around on a bus, especially to the bus driver. I will sit and judge a parent that is allowing their kids to run around on a bus.
OP didn't say anything about the kids "running around". Said they ran to the seats and were wrestling.

How is that disrespectful to the bus driver? If they were running up and down the aisles, I could see needing to get them under control. But, as others have said, if they're not physically putting anyone else in jeopardy...

the kids did run a couple of times just in the back part of the bus before you get to the stairs--I just find if totally disrespectful to have kids running in a bus--whether its crowded or not--especially at the ages of these kids--and then to have the dad sit there any laugh-he probably knew that the kids were bothering everyone sitting there and didnt care--he didnt have to control them after all he was on vacation--

there also was 2 other bus rides that the kids were standing on the seat and sliding down the pole--parents of course just sat there--talking---back to what the kids were doing

gee I sound like a grouchy old person but I hate it when I see kids act like this no respect for anything or anybody--and the parents do nothing--

Wait a sec... the kids were "wrestling" on a moving bus. How is this ok... ever? Talk about common sense from the parents! One sharp turn.... ta da! another crazy lawsuit. And a kid sleeping while others stand? Pick up your kid and hold him! Maybe I'm old, but my kids (now adults) still give their seat to elderly, pregnant, mom holding toddler... and I do as well. It's just being kind.

yes but but running on a bus and wrestling on the seats is not a way for anyone to act just common sense like someone else had mentioned--but just in daily life there is no more common sense and parents doing nothing

I dont understand why someone is "eating " popcorn like I said this is not acceptable--southern miss do you let your kids that is if you have any--just run wild when there other people around

Sure. When Appropriate my kids ran around. I would not have let them in that instance, but I am not every parent.

I learned long ago not to sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff.

Mom and dad were there with a watchful eye and knew their kids. And sometimes kids need a hard lesson to learn 'I told you so.'

Was the bus crowded? If it wasn't crowded no big deal.

Least you think otherwise, my 4 kids are all well adjusted professional adults and contributing members of society.

Last edited:

I agree. Every generation has had judgmental elders saying that the world is going to heck in a hand basket. I go to Disney yearly. This year twice. Did I see some inappropriate behavior? Yup. Did I see some well behaved kids? Yup. But you know what I see overall? Young people and children who are being open minded and kind. If that is ”loose morals”, well…I can’t help ya.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!