Super Bowl?

mandis77

DIS Veteran
Looking for advice on park crowds on Super Bowl Sunday? Trying to decide to make is a resort day and find someplace to watch the game, or to go to the parks. Also, is there a parade the next day at WDW? We usually go in fall so this is all new to me. TIA!

The park attendance is unaffected by the Super Bowl, one way or the other.

No evidence of the game is in the parks.

Where the parade is located (WDW or Disneyland) can be affected by the choice of the winning team members.

We were at WDW when the super bowl was in Miami (same as this coming year) and so not impact on the crowds. Watched the game from Disney Springs.

the week after the Superbowl might be busier for sure because thats the tagline of the MVP "I'm going to disneyworld!" and i believe they have a parade there each year.

We were at MK last Super Bowl Sunday and there were much lighter crowds than the following Tuesday. Not sure if Sunday was a travel day for a lot of people or the locals were getting ready for their Super Bowl Parties.

Looking for advice on park crowds on Super Bowl Sunday? Trying to decide to make is a resort day and find someplace to watch the game, or to go to the parks. Also, is there a parade the next day at WDW? We usually go in fall so this is all new to me. TIA!

There will be no impact on crowds, people are travelling on vacation and few will interrupt that to watch the game, and if they do, you may see a dip in attendance around that time, but there will be little to no noticeable impact.

As for where to watch it, I always recommend the ESPN Zone on the Boardwalk.

the week after the Superbowl might be busier for sure because thats the tagline of the MVP "I'm going to disneyworld!" and i believe they have a parade there each year.

While usually at WDW - it could go to Disneyland. For example, if the Rams win the Super Bowl this year, I'm almost certain it'll be in Anaheim (like it would have been last year).

This last year we were there on super bowl sunday and the next day which was superbowl parade day. Superbowl sunday crowds were normal, moderate, I think a level “5” or “6” was reported on tp. We are huge patriots fans so when they won we changed our plans Monday and went into the park at 11 am to line up for the 3pm superbowl parade. We stood in line and main street was busy for 2-3 hours before the parade, but had a perfect spot, which was awesome but really lasted 5 min from start to finish (but worth it if you are a fan). Got to see Tom Brady! Then we headed to rides and the crowds were normal the rest of the day. I don’t think it drew any more ppl there than already would have been there unless there were some local Patriots fans who were passholders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter