Summertime (sometime in June or August) - How Many Days?

Kelly Grannell

DIS Veteran
We're thinking about going to Disneyland either in June or in August 2006 (yes, 2006). How many days do you guys think we need to cover the entire park (I assume also includes California Adventure, although I don't even know what that is).

We are also considering Universal Studios as well.

Kindly recommend which hotel we should use (is there even such thing as "within resort" thing at All-stars price range there?)

Thanks in Advance.

You can cover a lot more park if it's just 2 adults. The larger the group, the more coordination (and waiting around) you'll have. Also, the younger the child (assuming there are any) the more breaks you should allow yourself.

We're going down this August - 4 adults (mom, dad and both grandmas) and 2 kids (ages 4 and 6) - and will be spending almost 5 days for both parks. That's probably overkill, but I plan on taking a break every day at mid-day for naps and pooltime.

CindyH said:
You can cover a lot more park if it's just 2 adults. The larger the group, the more coordination (and waiting around) you'll have. Also, the younger the child (assuming there are any) the more breaks you should allow yourself.

We're going down this August - 4 adults (mom, dad and both grandmas) and 2 kids (ages 4 and 6) - and will be spending almost 5 days for both parks. That's probably overkill, but I plan on taking a break every day at mid-day for naps and pooltime.

We are also going this Aug. and have 5 full days for both parks. It will be dh and I and our three kids ages 3, 10 and 13. We will also be taking mid-day breaks everyday to rest and to swim. This way, we shouldn't feel in a rush to do every thing and actually be able to relax some each day. :)

With careful planning you should be able to do everything in 3 days, adding extra days if you want to take a more leisurely pace and/or take breaks. The 3 "on-site" resorts are in the "moderate" to "deluxe" price range, but there are many off-site hotels/motels within 1/2 mile in the "value" range.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter