Summer TR at BCV, the theme was RAIN! - Complete 1/23/16

Enjoyed the bitter sweet of the last day. It's great to do the laundry on this day. Neat to have a washer in your room! We haven't been blessed with that treat yet. Only ever had a studio.

That is such a good idea to put out a do not disturb! We never thought of that. The amount of times we go for second breakfast come back to those baskets of towels outside the room..

Cute gecko. Funny when I go Gecko hunting not one can I find! But as I walk around camera in the wheelchair back oh there are plenty..

Nice idea to go to TL. I am glad your last day looks warm. I love the fountain. Oh the details!

Oh Mom those aliens on a necklace are precious.

Wow the line of people! All got the same idea. We want a water park today it's stopped raining! Oh my snowballs super yum. I adore cherry.

Those pesky SSR buses. This EPCOT after 2pm buisness too cheap DVC I am glad you pick this up with them when you got back. Well done you. Too many folk sit on complaints like the guy said how do they know? I do hope they do something about it.

I like the artist palette. Nice food. Good away CM! We want to eat.

Tell me about it Pam re the Toy Story and those type of things. I made the mistake with the star wars same thing!

Really enjoyed this and excited for your next trip. 6 out of 6 days rain. Well it waters the plants!

This something that really annoys me. I would assume that housekeeping knows that people are checking out. I cannot understand why they suddenly decide it is a good idea to clean the room at the crack of down. This is even more annoying when throughout the stay, they have not come to clean the room until much later. I have learned the hard way to put the Do Not Disturb sign out as well.

That courtyard area is beautiful.

Those lines at Typhoon Lagoon look awful. I am glad that you still managed to get some stuff done. What a shame that the place was dirty. Looks like you had some very extreme weather.

That bus journey does sound like a real pain. Good for you that you raised the issue and I am glad that they got back to you.

The pool area looks lovely, but what a shame that your pool time was cut short by a thunderstorm.

Your plans for your upcoming trips sound great. Graham did the Crystal River excursion about 10 years ago and loved it.

Corinna

Hi Pam, I have been lurking on your trip reports for a long time (I especially loved the cruise ones!!!) and am finally coming out of lurkdome to comment on the Crystal River experience. I did that a few years ago with a friend at Homosassa Springs (I think a bit south of Crystal River). We actually stayed out there for the early start. But it was an amazing experience! Absolutely worth it! The morning we did it, it was so cold (early February), about 44 degrees! The water was nice and warm(wish), but getting out afterwards was horrible! It definitely was one of the best things I ever experienced in Florida! I hope you have as great an experience as we had - maybe with a little bit warmer weather though!

OK, I guess I never commented here. I meant to, but must have not gotten around to it.

I really hope you do a TR for your cruise. I really need some pointers! Magdalene's (@Flossbolna) Fantasy Cruise was the one that got me really wanting to book one. Now I need to read a TR to get some ideas of what to do!

Too bad about the CM not realizing that you were trying to eat and not leaving you alone. Boo on the weather not cooperating, but nice that you had a good last day and got to take home clean laundry!

I had completely forgotten about trash and towel service too! I had the 'Do Not Disturb" sign up through our whole stay at the Poly and one day I decided to pull it off (mainly cause it kept getting in the way) and when we returned we had news towels! Thank goodness I had pulled it.

That was great timing! How did you like the Poly?

I wanted to go here too but never got a chance, it was WAY too busy.

I must get back there popcorn::

Ooh i'll have to try them. Do they make conditioner bars too? My hair needs conditioner.

I don't like their conditioner bars as much. I recently bought one at Lush but haven't had a chance to use it. But the shampoo bars are fantastic!

Such a cute movie! DH and I had watery eyes for Bing Bong. And Lava was brilliant.

Oh my, when Bing Bong sacrificed himself, there were definitely tears.

Very interesting considering Wishes is pretty awesome.

I'm telling you, these blew Wishes out of the water!

Cute idea!

I'm looking forward to showing the aliens around the Fantasy :)

I have all the old Muppet Movies and they are all fantastic!

I got several more and am pretty bummed I was missing out on these fantastic movies. I don't know what happened...

Haha same here! I for sure thought that they were only going to take cash like regular laundromats,

I would have been so annoyed if I had to go back to the room for a CC.

Do you use the SW app to check in? I decided this time to use all 3 phones on us to check us in (mine with the app and the other 2 just through the browser) cause it always seems that I don't check in fast enough and can never get everyone in the same Boarding group. Especially now that DS has his own ticket, it takes forever.

I have the App open and then the website open and have the information entered before the check in window. Then I try as quick as possible to hit check in on both... It's a hastle that's for sure.

Aw boo! You need to give it a chance again please!

Maybe.

Ugh you're right! In fact, our last morning, on my way to put the sign up around 8:30am, I got a knock on the door :headache:

Not cool. I have the room booked until 11, leave me alone! I guess I can't say that to them...

This just doesn't make sense and i'd be so annoyed!

It was awful, and such a waste of time.

I've always seen these but thought they looked dry so never got them. Are they pretty good?

Good enough for me to seriously consider gastric distress by eating one :laughing: But I held off and I'm glad I did.

Good for you. And you're right, how do they know about problems unless people tell them. So true. I am surprised that they actually wanted to speak with you instead of chatting via email. That's great service actually.

I was very impressed with this. He really seemed genuinely interested and thanked me several times for talking to him.

This sounds AWESOME!!!! I hope you're able to get some pictures of this.

Of course! The waterproof camera better behave itself. We're so excited about this :)

So I haven't been around for a while, what's new with the move? Alaska still?

Alaska didn't want me :( my sights are back on Florida. I've put in several applications but nothing yet. I'm going to be more aggressive when I come back from vacation.

Enjoyed the bitter sweet of the last day. It's great to do the laundry on this day. Neat to have a washer in your room! We haven't been blessed with that treat yet. Only ever had a studio.

Thanks to DVC I now always have something in the pipeline which makes the last day not so sad anymore. Which is really nice :)

That is such a good idea to put out a do not disturb! We never thought of that. The amount of times we go for second breakfast come back to those baskets of towels outside the room..

Oh yes, please put that sign out in the future. They won't bother you. There will still be a basket outside but they won't knock.

Cute gecko. Funny when I go Gecko hunting not one can I find! But as I walk around camera in the wheelchair back oh there are plenty..

She's constantly asking me to take pictures of them and hardly any of them turn out. They just move too fast.

Nice idea to go to TL. I am glad your last day looks warm. I love the fountain. Oh the details!

That last day was a very hot day, perfect for TL. But considering we only stayed a few hours we probably should have stayed by the resort pool.

Oh Mom those aliens on a necklace are precious.

She's so creative, I'd never have thought of doing that.

Wow the line of people! All got the same idea. We want a water park today it's stopped raining! Oh my snowballs super yum. I adore cherry.

Those snowballs were fabulous!

Those pesky SSR buses. This EPCOT after 2pm buisness too cheap DVC I am glad you pick this up with them when you got back. Well done you. Too many folk sit on complaints like the guy said how do they know? I do hope they do something about it.

Hopefully they'll change things. But I know for sure I won't be chancing it and will be using a car from now on going to the waterparks.

I like the artist palette. Nice food. Good away CM! We want to eat.

That CM was absolutely clueless...

Tell me about it Pam re the Toy Story and those type of things. I made the mistake with the star wars same thing!

I've never seen the Star Wars ones!

Really enjoyed this and excited for your next trip. 6 out of 6 days rain. Well it waters the plants!

I'm going to have to get used to all that rain if I want to move there. :hyper:

This something that really annoys me. I would assume that housekeeping knows that people are checking out. I cannot understand why they suddenly decide it is a good idea to clean the room at the crack of down. This is even more annoying when throughout the stay, they have not come to clean the room until much later. I have learned the hard way to put the Do Not Disturb sign out as well.

I agree, it drives me crazy. I know they want to turn the room, but if I've done online check-in and said I won't be leaving until very late, don't bother me. I have the room until 11am, and I'm going to use every minute!

That courtyard area is beautiful.

I loved the water feature. It was a very peaceful area.

Those lines at Typhoon Lagoon look awful. I am glad that you still managed to get some stuff done. What a shame that the place was dirty. Looks like you had some very extreme weather.

It is so rare for me to see trash at Disney that whenever I do it really bothers me. Especially at the waterparks, it just turns my stomach. On the cruises it is usually so clean that if I see a scrap of paper I'm shocked. We still had fun though.

That bus journey does sound like a real pain. Good for you that you raised the issue and I am glad that they got back to you.

I'm glad I said something. It would have never sat right with me.

The pool area looks lovely, but what a shame that your pool time was cut short by a thunderstorm.

Those last minutes of vacation are so precious, even if you lose 15 minutes it feels sad.

Your plans for your upcoming trips sound great. Graham did the Crystal River excursion about 10 years ago and loved it.

Corinna

I'm glad to hear that Graham enjoyed his excursion. Good feedback always makes things more exciting :)

Hi Pam, I have been lurking on your trip reports for a long time (I especially loved the cruise ones!!!) and am finally coming out of lurkdome to comment on the Crystal River experience. I did that a few years ago with a friend at Homosassa Springs (I think a bit south of Crystal River). We actually stayed out there for the early start. But it was an amazing experience! Absolutely worth it! The morning we did it, it was so cold (early February), about 44 degrees! The water was nice and warm(wish), but getting out afterwards was horrible! It definitely was one of the best things I ever experienced in Florida! I hope you have as great an experience as we had - maybe with a little bit warmer weather though!

Hi :wave2: thank you so much for saying something! I'm glad you've enjoyed my TRs, thank you so much for reading :) and thank you so much for your feedback about your manatee experience. Did you see lots of animals? That temperature of water scares me quite a bit, hopefully it won't be that cold! That was a great idea to stay at a hotel close by the night before.

OK, I guess I never commented here. I meant to, but must have not gotten around to it.

I keep doing that myself!

I really hope you do a TR for your cruise. I really need some pointers! Magdalene's (@Flossbolna) Fantasy Cruise was the one that got me really wanting to book one. Now I need to read a TR to get some ideas of what to do!

I have a TR for the Fantasy in my signature, and I'm sure you read it. I have not decided whether I'll do one or not for this trip, only because it takes so much time. But I guess there's no time schedule on these things. We won't be doing Palo or Remy this trip either, we're just going to be enjoying the regular dining rooms.

Too bad about the CM not realizing that you were trying to eat and not leaving you alone. Boo on the weather not cooperating, but nice that you had a good last day and got to take home clean laundry!

I love doing laundry in the room, it's so convenient. That CM was totally clueless! The salad was super limp by the time we got to the airport, and the pizza totally cold, but both were still good. If all goes according to plan I'm going to have to get used to Florida weather :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter