Summer & Steven's Fairytale Wedding TR, 20th Aug SBP Baby Pics!!!

i read your planning journal a few weeks ago, and i am loving your trip report!

can't wait to hear about the wedding and the wonderful disneymoon :goodvibes

thanks for sharing! :)

Iluffyou - Thanks for reading, I will have the next instalment, possibly 2 or 3 up today.

oneyodafan - I love addressing people individually, you have all taken the time to read my report and I really appreciate it. Sorry my days are broken down into so many installments, but I think you will agree it is far too much to put up at one time, unless of course I skimp more on detail...

DisneyLaura - I know, I love French Onion Soup, but I've never had so much cheese in one before, it really was just swimming in it. I really did want my ears that day!

Michelle - It's hard to believe the turnaround this TR has, it's like Tinkerbell herself came over, waved her little wand and said "enough is enough, you deserve tons of pixie dust"

MUDisneyCouple - I can look back now with slightly fonder memories than I had at the time when it comes to the discussions I had with my mom. I was really upset about 'Ohanas, I think more so because it was the first night and everything was going wrong.

angel*lady - Thanks for reading along, I will get the next instalment up just now. At least there are loads of pics in this one.

seaprincess - It's good to hear that my writing entertains you all, I knew it would be a very long TR and because I'm so detailed I hoped it wouldn't be boring. Glad to hear I'm not the only nervous flyer out there either, I was much better coming back though!

dizneyfreak - Wish granted...

FSUDisneyGirl - I know, I can't believe I still have the most important part to write about, the wedding and honeymoon, I'm still only on Day 2, AAAHHH!!!

Day 3, Part 1

Steven and I awaken at 7.00am, we both had slept really well and it was obvious we really needed it. I jump out of bed and go to have my shower, I was filling with excitment, we were going to get our marriage licence, finally this time had arrived.
I showered and used some of the Mickey soap that had been left for us, but used my own shower gel, Curious by Britney Spears, she may be a bit crazy at the moment but the perfume and shower gel was fantastic!
I immediately went to the coffee perculator and started the coffee, Steven jumped in the shower while I started my make up. This was to be our first full day in Orlando, so I was kinda worried about how my make up would hold up, and worse yet my hair. I decided to do as I normally do, and wore my hair down and applied my make up carefully. The coffee was ready quickly and I got the cups ready and poured the milk. As soon as Steven was out of the shower, I poured us the coffee.
Now I know alot of people don't particularly like the coffee in WDW, but I was floored, it was the best coffee I had tasted in a long time. Over her we have the instant coffee, I used to have a perculator but it was way too strong for me so I got rid of it. This coffee however was smooth, and oh so tasty, I gulped it down and poured myself another cup of Joe! Steven agreed and said we must buy a perculator at home and have this every morning, it really woke us up!
Steven quickly got ready and I decided to wear my long yellow skirt and black vest top.
It was now nearing 8.00am and we were ready to go, I told Steven to grab the camera and we left and walked over to the Custom House to get a cab. It was a beautiful morning, the beach was so peaceful, Steven decided to get a few pics.

The guy was smoothing out the sand for the morning ahead, and I thought it was a nice touch.

beach2.jpg

This is a beautiful shot, it captures CBR perfectly that morning.

beach.jpg

We walked along the path and all these cart with staff came out of nowhere, the first cart stopped and this Jamaican sounding woman, handed me 2 necklaces, one purple and one green and said "Welcome to the islands", I thanked her and they drove on, about 6 carts filled with about 15 staff each went past, all of them shouting out their welcomes. I felt so happy at that moment, I felt I had been transported to another world. This was the Disney I had been dreaming about!
We walked over the little bridge to the Custom House and Steven decided to get a few pics of me.
CBR1.jpg

You can see the necklaces I was given by the staff.

CBR2-1.jpg

Steven loves taking pics of me walking away...

CBR3-1.jpg

Another beautiful shot

CBR4.jpg

We arrived at Custom House and asked the Bell Services at the door about getting a cab, she whistled and a cab appeared from around the corner, how neat!
We told the driver we needed to be taken to the nearest Courthouse to obtain our marriage licence, he was from New York and I adore a New York accent. He wasn't sure which one was the closest, so he said he would make his way out of Disney and call through to his dispatch to find out. He radioed through and it seemed to take forever for him to be answered, we were driving slowly, making our way out of Disney. He knew of Orange County Couthouse, but I asked about Osceola, I had thought that one may be closer but I wasn't really sure. After 10 minutes or so of him bantering back and forth with dispatch, it was agreed that Osceola was closer, she gave him the address and directions and signed off. Great we were on our way!
He was a really nice cabbie, not too talkative but very polite. He asked about our wedding and I was only to willing to oblige. The cab journey probably took about 30 minutes and I was surprised to see that the far was only coming up to $30, had we been in the UK the fare would have easily been about £50 ($100). We bypassed loads of little stores, some boarded up and the streets became tiny, I wondered what area the courthouse was going to be in! We bypassed a sign but I think the cabbie missed it and I said to him
"I actually think it's over there, he did a u turn and went back slowly and yes, there it was, a beautiful building, an amazing courthouse! We stopped and the fare was $34.00, we gave him $40 and he handed us a card to call for a cab back and we went on our way.
I was in awe about the size of the building, Steven was stunned at how beautiful it looked. Over in Aberdeen, the buildings are all grey and granite, which I think looks depressing, I love colored buildings and I for one was used to them after living in Australia. Steven wanted to stop and take pics but I said he could do that after we got our licence.
We went up the stairs and entered the building. We had to go through security and Steven had to remove his belt, money and wallet. My purse had to go through too. We collected our things and I asked the woman on security if she knew how I could find the marriage licence dept. She did and gave me directions, she was so friendly!
We took the stairs and bounded up them. We saw a huge door on the left that said EXIT, but it also said the words Marriage and Passports, so I thought 'Oh well then'
We both slowly went through the door and everyone turned to stare, 'oh, oh wrong door I think' We decided we were almost in anyway, so we continued.
The place was packed, there was a bride and groom along with all their family and there were several other couples too, probably looking for their licence.
I joined the queue with Steven and waited patiently. I saw others come enter through another door and motioned to Steven that we had indeed entered through the wrong door. I looked around and noticed forms on the wall. I knew we had to fill out a form, but I assumed we would get one at the desk. Other people were taking forms so I told Steven to go and have a look and I would hold our place. He came back with a form and I realised that we were to have filled this out before. We left our place and went over to the desk to do so.
The form was simple enough and although I made the mistake of filling out the bit for 'ORLANDO RESIDENTS ONLY' (I wish) it was pretty easy.
We rejoined the queue and waited. We were called upon about 5 minutes later and at this time the bride and groom were called also, they were ushered in along with there family to another room. There was a couple next to us, he was from the US and she was from Croatia, they were also obtaining the licence, they seemed such a cute couple, they both worked in Iraq and that is how they met.
We were asked some questions and asked for our passports, it was all so simple, I can't believe I worried about it for so long. We heard whooping from the other room and I assumed the couple had just been married, several minutes later they exited and the bride was glowing, they ran out of the room and there families followed. I smiled and Steven said "You mean we could have got married here?" I rolled my eyes at him and he smirked!
Then the clerk came over and told us to raise our right hand, we swore and that was that. She printed off our licence told us we could marry today if we wanted and that was it. We had it:woohoo: We paid our $98 and left.
I found a payphone in the corridor and called the cab company to get one to CBR, he said he would get one asap, so we went to wait outside and get some pics.
Court.jpg

Court2.jpg

and marriage licence obtained, I'm pretty happy:

Court3.jpg

We wait about 30 minutes and the sun is beating down on us, it's now almost 10.00am and we are both getting pretty hungry. The cab pulls up and we get in. We get into a conversation with him and he says "Not a great place to be starting out your vacation, did you guys get a parking ticket or something?"
"No we picked up our marriage licence"
"Oh, wow congratulations, I have to remember that sometimes you can be there for nice things too"
We smiled, settled back and gazed out the windows. He started to tell us about Disney, Seawold and Universal after he realised we were gonna be there for 3 weeks.
The journey was over quickly and it was $29 so we gave him $35. He wished us all the best for Monday and told us to have a magical time. We exited the cab and held eachother tightly, hopefully this would be where our luck turned around...

Coming up...

Animal Kingdom, and the heat gets to us and tempers fray.

Summer,
You are a fantastic writer and I have really enjoyed your TR so far... Thank you so much for sharing and I look forward to reading more when you have a chance!! :thumbsup2

Woop woop you have your licence :banana: Your photos are gorgeous - I'm definitely going to visit CBR while we are out there for some photos. So pleased things are starting to look up - can't believe you are only on your first full day in Orlando. :goodvibes Kxx

Oh wow! I love the step by step TR. It's so good to know EXACTLY how things happen and what to expect. Too bad we'll have to get our license though the mail. BUT I'm really looking forward to all the wedding informations. I know you'll just describe everything in exact detail and take away any fear of the unknown!

As far as the coffee goes, I've never brewed my own in the room, but everything they sell on Disney grounds with the exception of a couple of places (Boma ~ french presses of Kenya coffee & the Kona Cafe) is too weak for me. Although I did work for Starbucks for almost 7 years. So, I guess I'm used to a stronger, darker coffee. I'm glad you liked it though.

And I must just be emotional for Disney because you were talking about the cast memebers giving you the necklaces and greeting you and how happy it made you feel and I started to tear up! It just makes me sooooo happy how special Disney makes people feel.

After living and working at Disney for six months, I've determined that DAK is not my favorite park, but I can't wait to hear what you have to say. Everyone says that it's 10 degrees hotter there (b/c of all the forrestry and rain forest like environment) than any of the parks. I don't know if it's true. But when DFi and I went in May, that did seem like our hottest day was at DAK. Can't wait to hear how it went for you, especially with your mom...

Keep up the great writing!!!!!

i am so glad that the marriage license thing was so easy for you! that's the part that's making me so nervous!!!

i agree with mistressofallevil, dak IS the hottest park, my hair is always frizzy when i leave there!

can't wait to read more summer!!!

I'm glad you had good luck! I hope it continues!

Please don't make us wait toooooo long please!!!

ILoveChip - Thank you for continuing to read along, I am putting up another instalment now. I think I may have to break up AK a bit more as I have a few pics.

Kirsteen - I think this TR will be an Epic, it is the longest TR I think in the history of Disney Brides. I hope I am keeping it entertaining for you all.

MistressOfAllEvil - Thank you, I thought doing a step by step might help future brides, I don't want to bore anyone but I know when I was planning I loved to read the detailed reports as it helped me so much. Animal Kingdom actually went pretty well but we missed alot with my mom, fear not Steven and I did go back again on our own and saw much more.

caryndisneydiva - Don't fret about the marriage licence it went so smoothly, all we needed were our passports and we had the licence within 10 minutes of applying. My hair did get frizzy at AK but it wasn't really the heat that did it.

Missy H - Thanks for reading, I won't keep you waiting too long, in fact here is the next instalment!

jasonandlisa - Yeah the licence was really easy, the necklaces were a cute touch, really sweet and it brought a smile to my face.

So next bit coming up...

Day 3, Part 2

So we arrived back to the room and although we were supposed to eat at Old Port Royale for breakfast, it was nearing 11.00am and I really wanted to get to Animal Kingdom. I decided I didn’t mind skipping breakfast and just grabbing lunch at AK. My mom had been awake for over 2 hours and was ready to go, I was grateful that she seemed to be in a better mood than yesterday and I thought that things were beginning to look up now.
MomandIAK.jpg

We headed down to Barbados to catch the bus as we wanted to show mom some of the grounds. We waited at the bus stop and every bus came bar AK, it was over 20 minutes before our bus came but I had already heard that AK buses were less frequent so it didn’t really bother me. The bus journey was fine, it was air conditioned so that was terrific. I started telling mom about our journey to the courthouse and she listened with interest.
The bus dropped off people at Typhoon Lagoon first before heading to AK. 20 minutes later and we were finally at our first Disney Park.
AK.jpg

It was now past 12 and we still had to get into the park and find Flame Tree Barbecue. I was not willing to compromise on lunch here as I had heard fantastic things about the food. We did the fingerprint thing and inserted our keys into the machine and was greeted with ‘Enjoy your day’ displaying on the LED screen. ‘I sure intend to’ I thought!
I grabbed a map when I entered and we looked at it and searched out Flame Tree. Located in Discovery Island we made a bee line for The Tree of Life as we knew we would find it easily form there. We bypassed the majority of the Oasis Exhibits as I figured we could come back and view them later.
We found Flame Tree, no problem and it seemed reasonably quiet. I already knew what I wanted to order. Pulled Pork Sandwich with Key Lime Pie, mmm!
I told Steven how much rave reviews the pork sandwich had so he agreed to go for the same, including the Key Lime Pie, we both love Key Lime Pie so it was an easy choice!
My mom ended up going for the Smoked Turkey Breast Sandwich and we got a basket of fries to share between us. My mom also went for Key Lime Pie. The total bill was $40.66 we used 3 CS credits and 1 snack credit.
We grabbed our lunch and went to the seating area. We found a lovely little table set off to the side, under shade and enjoyed by many ducks. I thought this was so cute and proceeded to feed my new found friends, pork, bread, and even a little dessert. The Pork sandwich was really tasty, quite salty and packed with meat; the BBQ sauce was not overpowering and added just that perfect taste of sweetness, it really was tasty! Steven liked his but at this moment in time; he was more of a chicken man, it was only later on in the vacation that he would be a convert to meat! However he did eat most of it and fed the ducks his leftovers. My mom loved her Smoked Turkey Sandwich and said it tasted really fresh and was full of crispy salad.
We all devoured our Key Lime Pies; mom had never tasted this before but said it was really nice. I thought it was a bit tart, but as key Lime Pies go it was pretty good, albeit a bit warm for my liking. Steven picked the whipped cream off (he has never been a fan of cream) and I grabbed it and added it to mine. Share and share alike!
We finished our lunch and said goodbye to the ducks and decided to head over to It’s tough to be a Bug! Now Steven and I had seen this before in California and really loved it, I knew my mom would equally love it so I though this would be a good first attraction.
The queue was short and we didn’t wait more than 5 minutes to get in. To get to the attraction you had to follow this long winding path which seemed to go on forever!!!
Well we got there and obtained our 3D glasses, I told mom she would have to put them on top of her glasses as otherwise she wouldn’t be able to see! Steven did the same and although I do have glasses I didn’t take them to Disney as I don’t need to wear them much, only very long distance. We were seated quickly and we got the perfect row, about 5 rows back and right in the middle. I always hang back and quickly work out how many are going into each row so I know we will get the middle, silly to some I’m sure, but it works for me.
Anyway, the show didn’t disappoint, it was every bit as funny as I had remembered it and my mom loved it. My mom screamed at the bit with the bugs running under the seats and that made me laugh even more.
Upon exiting my mom kept going on about how good it was and how much she loves 3D things, I told her there was plenty of them and we would see them all.
I had decided the next best thing would be to head over the bridge into Asia. We took a couple of pics:
AKbridge.jpg

I love this one Expedition Everest in the background:
EE.jpg

We were all very hot by this time, it was nearing 1.30pm and it seemed a good idea to cool off, we agreed to do Kali River Rapids. The Stand By queue said 25 min, but I was quite willing to wait as it was under shade and I wanted to get soaked!
We snapped this pic while waiting in line:
Buddha.jpg

The queue dispersed quickly and it was no longer than 15 minutes. My mom loves these rides so was excited about going on it. It was hilarious, we got pretty wet, not soaked as I had wanted but wet all the same. Steven was the worst, his shorts were completely drenched, he obviously sat on the right side of the boat, I was sitting next to my mom and we weren’t too bad. I thought the ride was over quite quickly and it didn’t go as fast as I had hoped, there weren’t too many drops either, although Steven said there were enough for him!
Steven took this pic of me after the ride:
AKWET.jpg

You can see that my skirt is pretty wet and my hair got soaked on one side, I wore my sunshades on the ride as I didn’t want to mess up my eye make up, lol. Hey, it worked.
We then moved on to Maharajah Jungle Trek and managed to get a few pics:
Here is a Komodo Dragon I got, I quite like this pic:
kimodo.jpg

Some cute frogs in a cubicle:
frog.jpg

Some bats, and I absolutely hate bats so I gave Steven the camera for this one:
Bats.jpg

And a beautiful Tiger, it was sleeping but it was a beautiful shot I got all the same:
tiger.jpg

We really enjoyed the trek, but it was difficult to see some animals because they were in shade or sound asleep (don’t blame them really) my mom seemed to enjoy it but was anxious to get on the Safari.

Coming up…

Kilimanjaro Safaris, loads more pics and back to CBR before heading to Coral Reef!

We have been to AK 3 times and we have yet to brave Kali...you didn't seem too wet, so I think we may give it a go next time.

I have almost the same exact picture of that tiger sleeping...they were quite lazy the last time we were there and did nothing but sleep, but it is quite hot there.

Also, CBR looks beautiful! My DH hasn't seemed too interested in it, though. So, I showed DH your pics and he seemed to think that maybe he could rethink it too. Thanks for some good ammo! :thumbsup2

We got soaked on Kali - we were still soaking by the time we got to Kilimanjaro (it was a very wet safari ride lol). I can't wait for the next installment - is it coming soon? :goodvibes :woohoo: I think I'm going to have to go visiting this evening so I can get online :rolleyes1 Hopefully DF has phoned Skiy to find out what is going on with our internet connection. Your photos are amazing! You've got me sold on CBR :cloud9:

I love reading this. You are doing such a great job It puts me in such a good mood and I can't wait til I go in a few months. Even though I have been there a million times you make it more exciting then it already is. I find myself checking so often if you wrote more. Can't wait to read the next part.

I can't believe how detailed your TR is!! Did you take notes or start to write it while you were still in Disney? Or do you just have an amazingly good memory? :)

Love your animal photos. I have a secret love for the kimodo dragon. ;)

Kali is so much fun, glad your mom enjoyed it. And that she seems to be having a better day.

obviously I'm LOVING your TR and :yay: there's photos!!!! awesome photos too! what kind of camera did you use?

oh and a bit of advice Summer - you need to take your TR ( when it's finished )! to a book binder and have copies made - maybe a coffee book version with big glossy photos - I need one for my house!!!!! :goodvibes

Michelle :cloud9:

I'M LATE!!! :scared1:

How did I miss that you started your TR a week ago!!! I am now off to catch up!!! (I am at work and should be working, but your TR is MUCH more important!!! ;) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter