Summer itineries 2024 price changes?

phi2012

Mouseketeer
I know there will be loads of questions and threads about the summer 2024 release.

But just a quick one, the prices disney are showing as from prices now, will they likely be the same come silver release day?

We will be looking at the fantasy 7 night western caribbean from PC, at the very end of August. As we can only book an accessible, verandah cabin for 5 people, really hoping the prices stay close to what is shown now, and that that category is available come silver release day 🤞.

Just depends on who books what. DCL has a tiered pricing system. So as so many of each category room is sold the price increases. My honest opinion, especially if you're looking at a Lighthouse Point port, is prices will go up before silver can book. Summer is such a popular time already AND adding a new Disney port it just isn't likely prices will be close to the same.

Just depends on who books what. DCL has a tiered pricing system. So as so many of each category room is sold the price increases. My honest opinion, especially if you're looking at a Lighthouse Point port, is prices will go up before silver can book. Summer is such a popular time already AND adding a new Disney port it just isn't likely prices will be close to the same.

Thank you 😊.

The cruise we are looking at doesn't include lighthouse point. Just the normal 7 night western. Also I thought that the end of August, a lot of USA schools will have gone back (we are from the uk).

So hopefully that will be in our favour.

Generally, schools on the eastern half of the US are back in around mid-Aug. West coast doesn't usually start until sometime in September. Historically, I've noticed peak pricing for DCL drops off starting mid Sept-ish

Generally, schools on the eastern half of the US are back in around mid-Aug. West coast doesn't usually start until sometime in September. Historically, I've noticed peak pricing for DCL drops off starting mid Sept-ish
Most of the Northeast starts school either right before labor day or right after.

Really depends. My Alaska 8 night this year is exactly the same price as on release day.

Generally it’s the special itineraries that go up between release days. Like the 10 night southern.

In in Southern California, our school starts August 9th (public school) It was after Labor Day when I was a kid but hasnt been that way for a long time

Keep in mind that we're also IN school until the end of June in most of the Northeast.
Right, yeah my family is former military so we lived all over. Overall its the same rough amount of time in a school year just varies by when it starts. For the places we lived we noticed the west coast started later than the east coast but obviously its very individual location dependent.

Right, yeah my family is former military so we lived all over. Overall its the same rough amount of time in a school year just varies by when it starts. For the places we lived we noticed the west coast started later than the east coast but obviously its very individual location dependent.

Yeah. NYC we do teacher prep the 2 days after Labor Day and the kids start on Thursday. We get out the 26 or 27 of June. Friends who teach in other parts of the country and I exchange jealousies. I get jealous of them in late May/early June when they are out, but they are jealous of me all of August.

Yeah. NYC we do teacher prep the 2 days after Labor Day and the kids start on Thursday. We get out the 26 or 27 of June. Friends who teach in other parts of the country and I exchange jealousies. I get jealous of them in late May/early June when they are out, but they are jealous of me all of August.
Yours aligns more with ours in Canada. Almost all provinces go back to school the day or two after Labour Day (I think Alberta is the exception going back the week before labour day, we are in BC). Last day of school can vary by a few days depending on district. My oldest gets out on June 23rd this year (high school), my youngest goes til June 29th (last year of elementary).

Don't know how NYC is, but when DW was still teaching in OH, the parents didn't want to give up the extra days off at Thanksgiving, the two weeks at Christmas and the week for Spring break. That was why they started earlier and still went into the 1st of June.

Don't know how NYC is, but when DW was still teaching in OH, the parents didn't want to give up the extra days off at Thanksgiving, the two weeks at Christmas and the week for Spring break. That was why they started earlier and still went into the 1st of June.

Nope. Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, and our Spring Break coincides with Passover because there is such a large Jewish population here there would not be enough teachers and subs to safely open schools.

Thanksgiving is only Thursday and Friday. Christmas (or Winter Break) is Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day (observed if it is delayed for a federal holiday).

In AZ we start Aug 5 in 2024. We always get out the Wed or Thurs before Memorial Day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!