Summer heat at Universal compared to Disney World?

A ride on the bilge rat barges at IOA should do the trick if you get too hot!!! Never got off that ride being any less then totally and utterly drenched to the skin! WDW has a lot more open concrete so can be awful on the hottest days.

April in MCO can have some hot days too. No need to walk to MGM from BW, the boat gets a nice breeze and chance to recharge those feet;)

Sounds like you just got back & trying to possibly space out your trip but August is seriously HOT in MCO. May & June not as oppressive, July even seems better than August. Trip should be doable with the afternoon break you take, especially with a teenager vs kids sweltering in a stroller. Dress for the weather in wicking clothing and a hat with SPF. You need to set your expectations accordingly and look for afternoon shade.

JMHO the afternoon rain makes it even more steamy, less humidity gives better real feel temp.

There is nothing @ Universal that compares to that long, shadeless walk from the front of Epcot to World Showcase area. I swear i had a pair of crocs melt on the sidewalk once:D
I could set my watch to the 3 pm summer showers when I lived in Orlando. Yes, the after effects are brutal with the humidity!

Last year it was hot at the pool in the shade!
I wish we could go before Christmas (we did it last year and loved it!), but she doesn't get out until December 23 this year, so my options are the 2 weeks after Christmas, the week after Easter, or late August. So, high crowds and high prices, or less crowded, less expensive and roasting?

Sounds like the summer is your best bet.
That was us until our kids got to college and then they get done earlier in the fall and December becomes a reality.

It's the same city so not different at all. If youre speaking in terms of coverage you have more open areas I feel at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter