Summer 2022 Dates are out on the ABD website

Finally got through to sit on hold after 3 1/2 hours of busy signal.
QUOTE="sayhello, post: 62865495, member: 129537"]
Amen!

Sayhello
[/QUOTE]

That is an insane amount of time to be on hold..! I hope you were all able to book what you wished at the early booking price!

Piling on ... in the same boat on hold... started at 8 a.m. EST... on hold for 2 hours then it disconnected me. Spent the next hour listening to "all circuits are busy".

To add insult to injury, promptly at 10:30 CST received another email from ABD saying to "call now and book your adventure" ..... grrrrrr.....

Gave up yesterday..... but this morning, less than 5 minute wait and was able to get the trips we wanted!

This opening day frenzy stuff has got to stop. Had the price of your trips gone up from what's on the website? Were there any discounts left?

Thanks,
Tobi
I randomly checked 5 or 6 adventures this morning & all had several departures available with the early booking discount.

I randomly checked 5 or 6 adventures this morning & all had several departures available with the early booking discount.
On the website or with ABD? Because the website does not appear to have been updated.
Germany isn't extremely popular (I think I was first one booked for this date)- so we got the early booking discount.
I called this am. I waited 7 minutes and got early booking for both trips. I would try now!
That's good to hear, but it makes it really hard to explain the ridiculous wait times yesterday. There are no new trips. Were they short-handed on Vacationistas?

Sayhello

On the website or with ABD? Because the website does not appear to have been updated
On the web site. But maybe as you note it hasn’t been updated yet. It did feel rather “open “ for all of the long wait times people were reporting.

I checked several trips on Tuesday morning. A few trips no longer had the Early Booking Discount and prices had gone up (e.g. some Japan trips, a few Greece trips, one New Zealand trip) but almost all the trips still had EBD available. This assumes the website is up to date.

I didn't see any trip where most offerings were heavily booked or sold out. In previous years, that seemed to happen with new trips. If you weren't involved in the opening day scramble, you might miss out.

Maybe there was a higher percentage of opening day calls taken by travel agents, who would need to stay on the phone for hours to book multiple trips?

I am not a fan of ABDs opening day practice either. However, this is not unique to ABD. This is the way DCL operates as well as the way the “Taste of” events currently at Disneyland were handled. For some reason, they like to create an opening day frenzy. I don’t agree with this business model/marketing strategy and was starting to feel like I was in a toxic relationship with Disney. I now have a travel agent which has made my life easier. Now to get Disneyland tickets which go on sale Thursday (predicting the system will go down). Here we go again!

I am not a fan of ABDs opening day practice either. However, this is not unique to ABD. This is the way DCL operates as well as the way the “Taste of” events currently at Disneyland were handled. For some reason, they like to create an opening day frenzy. I don’t agree with this business model/marketing strategy and was starting to feel like I was in a toxic relationship with Disney. I now have a travel agent which has made my life easier. Now to get Disneyland tickets which go on sale Thursday (predicting the system will go down). Here we go again!
Totally agree with you! I have the same toxic thing going :) We had Signature plus passes at Disneyland that were expiring before our next trip so I happened to have tickets on hand. I was able to book reservations yesterday for an early June trip--we'll be there for the opening of Marvel. I have a waitlist at VGC but I booked a backup at the Hilton Doubltree using a bunch of points for a King suite. I was Disney trained yesterday from RunDisney and had multiple things open. I entered the queue from my phone a little before 8, entered right at 8 from my laptop and 5-10 minutes after 8 from my iPad. The iPad was in well before the other two. This is the same thing that happens with RunDisney. You don't get ahead by entering early and can sometimes benefit by entering after the frenzy.

Totally agree with you! I have the same toxic thing going :) We had Signature plus passes at Disneyland that were expiring before our next trip so I happened to have tickets on hand. I was able to book reservations yesterday for an early June trip--we'll be there for the opening of Marvel. I have a waitlist at VGC but I booked a backup at the Hilton Doubltree using a bunch of points for a King suite. I was Disney trained yesterday from RunDisney and had multiple things open. I entered the queue from my phone a little before 8, entered right at 8 from my laptop and 5-10 minutes after 8 from my iPad. The iPad was in well before the other two. This is the same thing that happens with RunDisney. You don't get ahead by entering early and can sometimes benefit by entering after the frenzy.
Good to know! We were signature AP holders so we don’t have any prior tickets. Many legacy AP holders are not happy that we are getting no early booking window for tickets. We will see how it goes on Thursday. I have a meeting at 9:30 so I will give up at that point and maybe wait until Friday when the frenzy dies down.

Good to know! We were signature AP holders so we don’t have any prior tickets. Many legacy AP holders are not happy that we are getting no early booking window for tickets. We will see how it goes on Thursday. I have a meeting at 9:30 so I will give up at that point and maybe wait until Friday when the frenzy dies down.
Yep, we are all legacy pass holders, too, (ours were current at the time of the closure) and I'm on a social media group that is NOT happy at all. Good luck with the tickets!!

Huh? Are y'all saying that AP holders who lost their passes due to the pandemic aren't being given 1st crack at tickets?

If that's true... wow. Disney needs some new advisors.

Hearing the “hold time” stories from yesterday plus seeing some of the EBDs disappear this morning caused me to call today and lock in Japan for 2022. Only waited on hold for about 10 minutes.

SO EXCITED for our 1st ABD trip. Now I just need to learn everything I can about Tokyo Disney including how to book a package there since ABD is not currently offering a Tokyo Disney extension / add-on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!