suggestions for what to do solo on first night?

disneyberry

Dreaming of adventure
DVC Premium
okay, i'll be arriving in Orlando 4hrs earlier than dbf this upcoming trip.
the parks will all be open for 1 to 2 hours more by the time i estimate i'll be done checking in. (we still haven't made a final decision where we'll be staying, either BWV or AKL. )

what should i do w/ those few hours of park time? i've got my AP and want to get the most use out of it, so as soon as i put my bags in the room, i'm going to a park! ;) it'll be my first time tooling around the parks solo. heh.

my choices:

* i can rush over to MGM in time to catch the late Fantasmic show. (dbf abhors waiting for Fantasmic, so i doubt we'll be seeing it together anytime soon. although by the time i get there, there might not be any seats left though, plus this'll mean no dinner until after the show)

* i can head to Epcot + tool around World Showcase, grab a yummy sandwich from Kringla Bakery or Tangierine Cafe something, listen in on the last showing of CP, watch Illuminations. maybe if i make a run for it, i can go ride Spaceship Earth, or Test Track before Illuminations starts.

* i can go to MK, brave the crazy Sat-after-Thanksgiving MK crowds, go ride 1 or 2 rides while people are sitting around watching the 1st run of Spectro. grab a last-minute spot to watch Wishes. after Wishes, maybe fit in 1 more ride. and catch the 2nd Spectro parade afterwards. not sure where to eat at MK though, i guess maybe Cosmic Ray's.

* i could skip the parks altogether, and go resort hopping (which dbf hates, so maybe i should get it out of the way while he's not around). except that AP just keeps on ticking, and that would be a few hours of park admission i could've used but didn't. :p plus resort hopping w/o a car is so cumbersome.

argh, my commando-self is all coming out with these crazy plans... can you tell? :p
any other ideas? let me know what you all think.

TIA!

Wow- those sure are some commando plans! As much as I like to get as much use out of an AP, I'd vote for the resort hopping with a touch of a park. Either hit Epcot for Illuminations and then the BW resort area resorts or MK for WISHES and visit the GF (which is always spectacular for the holidays). If you have enough time, hop a bus and head over to the resort area that you didn't visit with your park trip. Maybe, just check out the resorts and then visit DTD for some more holiday decoration viewing. Too many choices;)

Originally posted by disneyberry

* i can rush over to MGM in time to catch the late Fantasmic show. (dbf abhors waiting for Fantasmic, so i doubt we'll be seeing it together anytime soon. although by the time i get there, there might not be any seats left though, plus this'll mean no dinner until after the show)!

If you will get to see all the other shows with dbf, I would go for Fantasmic! I really love this show. When my DD and I went they told us standing room only left (55 minutes prior to show at the end of Aug). I ask if we could "look for seats" as the place seemed crowded but not full. Had no problem securing seats 2 rows up from "the water line" I saw many others doing the same thing.

Solo is terrific so you'll be happy because no matter what, you only have to please you.

JMHO
Sandy

What is your arrival date. Your plans sound very much like mine as we are staying at the AKL and then BWV. I'm also coming in on an earlier flight than my DH as i have a new AP voucher that needs to be turned into a pass. I'm currently looking for a dismember that might want to have dinner at Bomas on Nov.28th. If your interested and this will work for you send me a pm.

I agree that going to Fantasmic sounds like your best option. What a way to begin your trip! Your dbf will be happy because you have seen it and he avoided all "sufferage."

I, too, would probably say Fantasmic, especially if you love it as much as I do. If you don't mind a little snacking before the show instead of dinner, grab a turkey leg to munch on while you wait in line (I love doing that!) and then, after the show, head to one of the resorts for a little shopping and a late dinner (just make sure they have someplace open that you can eat late!). You could always catch the boat from MGM over to the Boardwalk, if I'm not mistaken!

Richard

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter