Suggestions for Multi-Generation Trip

b00kbug

Mouseketeer
So planning for a big family trip - two weeks at Aulani with 2 grandparents (arthritic but spunky), 4 grown ups, 3 kids (9,6,2)

My husband and I have been to Oahu before several years ago, but this will be a very different trip for us with this big group.

Looking for suggestions for activities that works for a broad age range - including any beaches you really likes that has facilities. We'll have two rental cars so we can get around easily.

THANKS!

I think the Polynesian Cultural Center is a good “family” activity. Open from 12-5 or so and you can add on the luau and buffet. Probably skip the luau if traveling with little kids. It’s a long day (12-8) plus drive time to do it all. If older kids/teens, it’s doable as the luau show is great. Arrive when they open… otherwise it’s hard to see and do all the activities before 5pm closing time.

Bishop Museum is good, but time limited with a toddler I’d imagine.

Kualoa Ranch has a wide variety of activities from bus tours of the beautiful valley where many movies have been made to ATVs and horse riding. I imagine your party could split up based on adventure level.

Hanauma Bay for snorkeling/beach day — requires considerable advanced planning to get reservations and reserving bus to transport grandparents (and kids?) from top of cliff to beach below.

Kailua is known for beautiful turquoise water and calm waves for wind/water sports. Lanikai beach is also known for its beauty (and affluent homes).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter