Suggestion for Counter Service in Epcot Countries

flowerfairy

Dreams of being a CM someday!!
While we're visiting the countries, I thought I would sample a little something from several different ones. What would you suggest? I would also like to try some of the different drinks too. Does the margaritas in Mexico taste like they do at the resorts? What about the mimosas in
Morocco, are they any good? Also, which is better Lotus Blossom or Yakitori? So many questions, so little time.

Thanks

Tina princess:

whenever we go to epcot, i always eat at yakitori house while in japan. the counter service is quick and they have combo meals so i can get a sampling of things. i love japanese food so this is always my first stop.

Originally posted by Candice30
whenever we go to epcot, i always eat at yakitori house while in japan. the counter service is quick and they have combo meals so i can get a sampling of things. i love japanese food so this is always my first stop.

I think we're going to try this next trip. The menu choices on http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm look yummy!

We have found all of the counter service in the epcot countries serve pretty good food. The drinks tend to vary although I find the more I drink, the better they taste?? ::MickeyMo

You really can't go wrong with the fish & chips in England. They use a very tasty batter on the fish and there is a beer stand right down from the fish & chips stand :D (although it is the most expensive beer ever!)

The margaritas (also excessively pricey) are delicious and worth every penny! My DH and I like to stop at the outdoor Cantina in Mexico and get a margarita and nachos for a snack.

Have fun!

I have gotten burnt a few times at counter service places in EPCOT...so just be careful.

One year, we ate at the Yakitori House (our favorite) and my teriyaki chicken was so gross...it was all greasy dark meat..I couldn't even eat it...so I just ate the rice.

I encountered the same 'dark greasy chicken meat' in tacos at the Mexico counter service...I actually cried while eating that meal it was so gross.

It's, honestly, been a while since I've gotten a good "meal" in EPCOT. I prefer to just snack there. :)

mexican fast food never had a problem with.Must have margarita!pricey yes,but at least I'll have a $8 smile on my face.But dont waist your time or money on the over priced slop they serve in the sit down mexican.Nice atmospere,good service,food bad!!!!!

We prefer Lotus Blossom, Tangierine Cafe and the Fish and Chips stand. I was turned off by Yakitori (yuckitori to us) because the chicken tasted more like chicken livers -- must be that same greasy dark meat the others mentioned.

My DH also strongly did not like the food at the Yakitori house. I had some questionable chicken once at the Cantina in Mexico so now I stick with the nachos (which are a perfect accompaniment to my margarita)!

Ok, I know everyone has different tastes, but I'm having my doubts of trying Yakitori next week! If you have eaten there, what did you have that you liked?

My family loves the Tangerine Cafe in Morroco. We eat there every time we go. My wife always gets the veggie platter - hummus, with bread to dip in it, lentil salad, olive salad, cous cous, and something else i think. I always get the combo plate that has roast chicken and lamb and the sauce that I can't spell, hummus, cous cous, and a side of lentil salad. What a great place!

God bless!
Mark

For counter service we like the fish-n-chips and Mexico (which tastes especially good the morning after a night at Jellyrolls)!

When we went to the Yakitori house last weekend my husband and I had the lo mein noodles and egg rolls. We thought they were good. We were trying things around the countries.
We were not real happy with the counter service in Mexico but I think that is because we got the child's meal since it was small. Very blah and taco bell. But like I said... could be because it was a child's meal

At Yakitorii, I like the Udon noodles. I have not been too impressed with the Lotus Blossom, typical fast food chinese which I can get at any mall. The Morocan counter service is pretty good and would be a good choice. I like the margarita's at the mexican pavilion (although the best place for a margarita is at the Animal Kingdom's Dawar Bar) but the food is typical tex-mex, not bad though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter