Stuff not on Room Service Menu

One note, the Magic is supposed to be getting real fridges during her dry dock this fall. So only the Wonder will have the cooling.

As of right now, the Disney Magic will still have cooling boxes after the enhancements. The fridges will not fit in the same spaces as the cooling box.

I will say from recent experience on the Wonder in May, the room service BLT sandwich is absolute YUM. We got them just about every day on the WBPC cruise.

I was told that there's a charge for pineapple juice from room service.

At breakfast in Cabanas they have a really good juice blend in the drink dispenser. I wish it was available all day.

Pretty sure I got POG juice at lunch in Cabanas...

Pretty sure I got POG juice at lunch in Cabanas...
That must be what I had at breakfast. I've heard other people call it that too, but I've never had it at WDW so I didn't really know about it until I read it on the cruise board.

I always looked for it at lunch, but they never had it. Lucky you. :thumbsup2

Earlier in this thread someone posted that room service grilled cheese was triple-decker. Datestamp says several years ago, though. Could anyone who has sailed recently confirm if this is still the case??

Whatever you do, don't get a steak sandwich. My son was on a cheese steak kick, of course we are from NJ close to Philly, so its a norm here. But not on the ship. It was a large roll with a steak on it. A WHOLE STEAK. :scared1: It was hilarious and the highlight of the trip. :thumbsup2

Whatever you do, don't get a steak sandwich. My son was on a cheese steak kick, of course we are from NJ close to Philly, so its a norm here. But not on the ship. It was a large roll with a steak on it. A WHOLE STEAK. :scared1: It was hilarious and the highlight of the trip. :thumbsup2
I actually heard the steak sandwich was really good, but no, it's not anything like a Philly cheesesteak.

As a born and raised Philly girl, I rarely order any type if steak sandwiches on vacation. But that is normally what we order our first night home cause Lord know I am not cooking....lol

DeniseMarie526 said:
As a born and raised Philly girl, I rarely order any type if steak sandwiches on vacation. But that is normally what we order our first night home cause Lord know I am not cooking....lol

That's funny you should mention that. I'm from Abington, though live in the Midwest now, and am the same way. Unless I'm in eastern Pa, there's only one place around here that makes a decent cheese steak and I never get one while traveling. It's always a let down without Amaroso rolls.

Yes - the steak sandwich on DCL isn't a cheese steak - it's a steak with cheese.

cf164d35-a3a6-40ac-887c-fc02eb37f331.jpg

I like it - the steak was pretty tender and smothered with melted cheese. The roll was enough to contain the meat and not fall apart.

We have had 1 that was fatty and had a bunch of gristle but for the most part the meat was good.

When we went, the flu started going around the ship so they didn't have the food bar in Diversions open :-(

I don't know if it's on the menu, but we loved cake of the day!

I know that the Mickey Ice Cream Bars are available from room service, but other than that, is there anything else that room service has that is not on the menu? thanks for the help.

Each day was a different cake. And they tended to not be the "norm" cake flavors. They had unique twists, or at least that's my opinion. We always each ordered a piece. My daughter was 8 then and loved it. It was always a surprise to see what it was. Only been on one cruise so I don't have a lot of info.

I'll bite! What is "cake of the day"?

Each day was a different cake. And they tended to not be the "norm" cake flavors. They had unique twists, or at least that's my opinion. We always each ordered a piece. My daughter was 8 then and loved it. It was always a surprise to see what it was. Only been on one cruise so I don't have a lot of info.

It's called Cake at Sea and it is on the menu. My nighttime ritual includes a call to Room Service to find out what kind of cake they're offering.

It's called Cake at Sea and it is on the menu. My nighttime ritual includes a call to Room Service to find out what kind of cake they're offering.

So they will tell you what the cake is if you ask before ordering it? There are certain kinds of cake I just do not eat and would be very sad if I ordered it and that's what it was.

So they will tell you what the cake is if you ask before ordering it? There are certain kinds of cake I just do not eat and would be very sad if I ordered it and that's what it was.

Same here and they do tell you. One person even offered me an alternative (I don't eat cake with fruit in it), which was very thoughtful, but still fruit, so I didn't have any that night. I don't have to have the Cake at Sea; I just need to know I can. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter