• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stroller Options

lazarru

DIS Veteran
Going in December with a 18mn and 3 yrs old. We have a Douglider travel system but I'm wondering if that's going to be too big to use, travel on buses etc. Would we be better off getting twin umbrella stroller. I know it's lighter but is it worth it or will we be able to use the one we have?

If we should get something else, anyone have any suggestions? Not looking for something overly expensive as we wouldn't use it much other than travel. Needs to have some storage ability.

Thanks

I'm a big fan of double umbrella strollers.

I'm not too keen on the idea of 2 separate umbrella strollers and neither is my husband.

So for our WDW trips, we got a $50 double umbrella stroller that got used for 2 trips and other long day trips. It died and we left it in Orlando after our last WDW trip.

We just replaced it with a Kolcraft double umbrella stroller for $55 at Target.

Good luck in what you decide to do!

We took our Graco to DW in November for our DS of 19mos. It made a big difference since we were still packing a large amount of stuff and had the cameras to lug and all the rest.

We found it was a bit of a hassle though on the transportation. We drove to the parks, but we took the monorail around and needed to fold it for the ride (tough to get in the door otherwise). Also, we couldn't ride some of the rides that started one place and finished another and didn't allow the big strollers on. That limited some of the fun things, like the train at MK.

The good things were the storage, with places for everything, and all the accessories, like a cover for beating the heat (even in NOV) and a place for our soda cups. It was great on the back and very smooth so DS could fall asleep if we stayed past nap time.

With two little ones, I'd think the fuss might be too much. What about bringing umbrellas and trying out some of the double strollers in the parks? I know they're not meant for napping, so if you plan to stay the whole day it might be tough for the younger one, but I saw more than a few little ones who had made a comfy spot in those and gone to sleep.

In any case, enjoy with the kids. It's a great place to be with them at their ages.

You can get a stroller connector to connect two identical umbrella strollers together. That way you have a "double," but you can easily split it into two singles if you and your DH each want to push a child, to split up and go two different directions, or to load onto the bus.

I think they have them at Babies R Us. Here's a link to a company that sells them on the Web. (I don't know anything about this company.)

http://www.babyant.com/bv022060.html

I think it's a tough call. You should weigh the drawbacks (size, using transportation, etc) vs comfort level for your little ones and basket size, etc. If they aren't happy, none of you will be. Personally, for such young ones (especially the 18mo old) I would go for something more comfortable than the umbrella stroller. But from your standpoint, is the hassle of the monster stroller worth it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter