Stroller for 5 year old

snowwhite84

DIS Veteran
Haven’t been to the parks with my DD in a few years thanks to Covid, and starting to think about strollers. She is 5 and we don’t use one in normal life, but I’m thinking she might use one for Disney. Any recommendations? She is very tall for her age, so interested in strollers with larger weight/height limits. TIA!

We used to bring our City Mini Double and it fit my 6 year old. We just took our last trip with it and told her no more stroller at Disney (that’s the only place she ever used it). My 8 year old even sat it in one night at the end of our trip after EEH.

Rent a City Mini. This is the best stroller for bigger kids. It actually allows them to nap comfortably as well... something else that may not happen at home but might happen during a busy day in WDW! My two are around the same age and we always do a City Mini GT double for both of them.

I say yes to the stroller. If you’re planning to stay all day she will def want a break from time to time! Have fun!

I would recommend renting a stroller while you are down there. We rented from a very reputable company (not sure if I can name them here..google search, they start with a K) and they gave us a Citi mini double and it was perfect. Definitely fits the older kids, leans back which helps with naps, not too heavy and they will drop it off and pick it up right from the lobby of your hotel. Super convenient and helpful!

after reading reviews I bought a used Citi Mini off FB market place for $100 (same price as a rental) - my son will turn 5 on our trip and he is 44 inches and 50 lbs and this stroller rolls like a dream! We have a Chicco liteway and it's so hard to maneuver with the higher weight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!