Stroller Bags and Rain Covers Needed?

wdwfanatic316

DIS Veteran
We'll be taking our 20 month old to Disney in March, and I'm wondering if I should purchase a stroller bag and/or stroller rain cover for our Britax B-Agile stroller? We'll gate-check the stroller, and I've heard this can be really hard on strollers. The B-Agile bag costs $35 on Amazon, which seems a little expensive, but I'm thinking probably worth it to protect it from damage. Do you agree?

Also, the rain cover for the B-Agile is $32.50, which seems really high to me. Would it work to just use a large poncho? What do others do?

Thanks for your help! :goodvibes

We bought the cheaper red gate check bag on Amazon for our stroller and it still looks new.
Then again, we bought an inexpensive Jeep stroller for $50...

As for a cover, I used an .88 poncho from Wal-Mart, if you go this route.... grab a couple binder clips from home to clamp it down. Wish I had done this... the wind was rough at times.

We asked a maid for an extra clear plastic garbage bag one day for our stroller when it was raining. That worked perfectly for our days at a park when it was raining. We put our backpack on the stroller seat and covered it with the garbage bag when we were in stroller parking.

We have the Baby Jogger Citi Mini which is very similar to your stroller. We actually use the Britax accessories with it. I HIGHLY suggest buying the bag. We flew with our stroller and gate checked it in that very bag both ways on all 4 flights (California to Orlando with 1 layover each way) and the bag saved the stroller. It came back with wear holes and I'm currently contemplating buying a second bag for our trip this year and double bagging it in the Britax bag. As for the rain cover we have that too. We went in September and it worked awesomely it fits the stroller like a glove and wind isnt an issue at all. I like that it's heavier duty than a poncho but a poncho with clips could probably work fine too. I do have to say though the rain cover is clear and our DD liked looking out her "window". Don't skip a bag for the stroller though even if you settle on a different one. Have fun!

when we fly we have always pushed the stroller right up to boarding and it was stored at the entrance of the plane and was there we got off.

As far a stroller cover ours came with it when we bought but I would have purchased it if I had too. Ponchos would work, but if your wanting your child in the stroller while raining the cover works best and is made for this with air vents etc. If its just to keep stroller dry while on ride go with poncho.

I have bought before standard/gereric for strollers that run a little cheaper

They sell inexpensive stroller bags and rain covers which are usually fine. I much prefer a stroller rain cover to a poncho.

I much prefer a stroller rain cover vs. a poncho. Mainly for ventilation and if your child is in the stroller, it makes it easier to see out of it.

I have a Britax B-Ready, and the only thing I don't like about Britax rain covers is they don't provide coverage for the basket. ARGH! They give us these generous sized baskets, but no cover to protect it from the rain/elements. I will probably do the poncho/clips over the basket portion for our next trip.

As far as a bag for checking/gate checking...do it! I made the mistake on our first trip with our baby of not putting the car seat in a bag before gate checking. Our destination was Portland, Oregon...home of 365 days of rain. LOL. Our seat was soaked :( and dirty when we got it back. Luckily we were staying with friends so I was able to wash it at their home (after soaking up all the water with any blankets we had handy).

Since the B Agile folds with the seat outward, you'll definitely run the risk of the fabric getting dirty/torn/icky. Even if you just find a huge clear trash sack to use and be sure the 'claim at gate' tag is hanging outside the bag.

Good luck!

I've always gate-checked the stroller and never used a bag, but we found our rain cover indispensable. It had four posts that it snapped onto and it kept DD dry and happy during downpours and we could get it on quickly.

I have a city mini and have never used a bag for flying.
I push it all the way to the plane door and they store it nicely. I have never had a problem.:)

Thanks for the replies! I think we'll probably get the stroller bag to be safe, and I'll check out toys r us to see if I can find a little cheaper rain cover option. If not we might go ahead and go with the britax version. Thanks again! :goodvibes

I got a cheaper stroller cover online. Definitely have one. When DD was almost 5, she would pull it down and zip it when she got to wet, lol.

Our first year with a stroller was so rainy that it was always on the stroller so make sure it covers and you can fold with it on... There are Velcro straps that attach to the stroller frame.

My basket and belongings stayed dry from the top but there was one day that it rained so hard that we went through some puddles that were deeper than the basket! That was unusual, though.

I have an Uppababy Vista. It came with a rain cover and honestly I have only used it a few times.

I did buy the stroller bag bc the first time we travelled with it, it was damaged.
The company said if it was damaged while in the bag, repairs would be covered.

Well, it still got damaged in the bag and the company didnt cover it.

I guess I didn't buy it from an "authorized dealer" and they said that the guarantee was not applicable.

I guess it was my fault for not reading the fine print. They did let me purchase the broken piece for cost.

So if you do buy the bag-- read all the fint print.

Definitely get a rain cover! It rained everyday on our trip and we were so thankful for the rain cover. We were able to throw on our ponchos and keep the kids dry while riding in the stroller with the cover down. We always put the cover down while we were on rides too. This kept us from returning to a soaking wet stroller.

Protect-a-bub rain cover and shade canopy. These are both coming on our trip and we LOVE both. I think the rain cover was only $20.00, but if you are planning on putting your child in the stroller it is PVC free and the child can still see out (which I wouldn't want to put a child in the stroller under a plastic bag or a poncho). It also ties down so it won't blow off if it is windy, but you can still get the child out easily.

Their shade cover is great too (I learned about it on these boards!). If you don't have a great canopy on your stroller it adds great coverage and SPF protection.

DSNY4ever said:
Protect-a-bub rain cover and shade canopy. These are both coming on our trip and we LOVE both.

I love our protect a bub shade canopy. Awesome for our Maclaren which has horrible canopy coverage. Although the b agile has one of the best canopies out there IMO.

I was just at BRU and they have rain covers for 'jogger' style strollers and it looks like it would definitely fit the b agile. And it was like 16$! Maybe even less. might be worth it to buy it. Worst case you could return it.

I have the BRU rain cover for my Maclaren and it also fits my snap n go and it does a great job! Just wish they made one to fit my B Ready!!!

I snagged a J.L. Childress stroller bag for our Maclaren over the weekend at Essex Outlet an hour from our house (it's like a liquidation store) for $8.99. Saw same bag at toys r us right after I bought it for $30. It is made to fit many major brands including Britax. You might look around the internet and see if you could find one of these cheaper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter