Strategy for MK with 2.5 year old - Help please :-)

Lisastevo88

Earning My Ears
Hello All.

This is probably asked really frequently so let me apologise for that and I have done some research but I was hoping to tell you what we would like to achieve and get some opinions on the best way to go about it. We have been to Disneyworld many times over the years but the 1st with our son and area bit lost to be honest.
We are able to book FP+ reservations tomorrow at 30 days out.

Party size -

5 Adults and my son 2.5 (Height - 39inches)

We aren't really bothered about Enchanted Tales with Belle as know DS won't cooperate so will give that a miss and the only really meet and greet we'd like to schedule is Mickey at Town Square.

We realise that getting 7DMT at 30 days out early enough in the day is probably not going to happen but would really like to ride, should we head there first? We also don't want to schedule any FP in the afternoon as would like to maximise getting more after the initial 3.

Waiting longer than 30 minutes in line with my son also won't happen so not really sure what to do?!?!?

Only adults will be riding Big thunder, Splash Mountain and Space Mountain so not sure what to do about FP for them as want to make sure we ride as a family on the others. It's really overwhelming!

We will be spending from rope drop until around 5ish pm at the park and will be returning another day for one evening after dinner.

Any thoughts much appreciated :-)

Hey there.

I will say first when we went when our oldest was 2 we focused on the rides for him. Now that we have a 4 and 2 year old it is a little different.

I would split a FP for 2 of the mountains and use rider swap (book 2 for 1 and 3 for the other).
Then I would use the other 2 for high priority rides that get longer waits. I typically book all FP between 10-2. You should be able to get a 4th FP for a lesser ride after.
Pick a side to rope drop ( I like the left side and can get HM, pirates and jungle cruise in before 1030)
If you are set on 7DMT then rope drop it.

I also refuse to wait in a line for than 30 minutes. MK def needs prioritizing and realizing that not everything gets done in 1 day.

Because you have the "baby", you can use rider swap to take advantage of additional FP. holding a FP will allow 4 people total on the ride. One alone, then 3 to return. You will need two party members to have FP to get all the adults on Splash, Space, etc. The rides with the longest waits are 7DMT, Peter Pan, then probably Splash, Space, and Thunder. It is really up to you which you FP, but I always think it's best to avoid the longest lines. Most of the Fantasyland rides can be done at rope drop with little wait. If you do manage to get morning FP, you can usually get 4th, 5th, or even 6th FP for rides like Pirates, Buzz, or Haunted Mansion. If you want everyone to be together when you meet Mickey and don't want to wait in line for that, that will require everyone to have FP. You may want to consider a character meal instead. Mickey is at several, although none inside MK.

We just got back from a trip with a 5 yr old and a 2.5 yr old...and both sets of grandparents. I would say that rope drop is a must. There is a play area to the far right of the Splash Mountain line that your kid can play on while the grown ups take turns riding BTMR and Splash. Be prepared for your kid to surprise you with what they like and don't. I agree to picking a side of the park for the focus of a day. Don't stress too much. We had the most luck shifting times and rides on the fly.

Hello All.

This is probably asked really frequently so let me apologise for that and I have done some research but I was hoping to tell you what we would like to achieve and get some opinions on the best way to go about it. We have been to Disneyworld many times over the years but the 1st with our son and area bit lost to be honest.
We are able to book FP+ reservations tomorrow at 30 days out.

Party size -

5 Adults and my son 2.5 (Height - 39inches)

We aren't really bothered about Enchanted Tales with Belle as know DS won't cooperate so will give that a miss and the only really meet and greet we'd like to schedule is Mickey at Town Square.

We realise that getting 7DMT at 30 days out early enough in the day is probably not going to happen but would really like to ride, should we head there first? We also don't want to schedule any FP in the afternoon as would like to maximise getting more after the initial 3.

Waiting longer than 30 minutes in line with my son also won't happen so not really sure what to do?!?!?

Only adults will be riding Big thunder, Splash Mountain and Space Mountain so not sure what to do about FP for them as want to make sure we ride as a family on the others. It's really overwhelming!

We will be spending from rope drop until around 5ish pm at the park and will be returning another day for one evening after dinner.

Any thoughts much appreciated :-)

If you get hot/exhausted stop in at the air conditioned family baby changing stations. Private restroom and place to sit and regroup. Not usually crowded. Unfortunately your about at the max age where it doesn't seem strange for being in there. They also have some supplies if you need something. When he needs a nap take a few laps on the train rather than leaving the park. Phone with games or movie may work as line distraction. Like others have said make the most out of the rider swap.

I went with my son at 2 years 10 months old and he loved 7dmt! Wouldn't go anywhere near the carousel though lol. Be prepared for anything!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter