strategy for DDP

go cowboys

Mouseketeer
DVC Silver
I need help here.

We are going to WDW, Boardwalk villas, the week after Thanksgiving and are using the DDP for the first time. I have 4 adults and 3 children and am looking for help with how to make the credits last. We have TS reservations every day so I know where those will go, but I am curious as to how some of you have maximized the CS and snack credits.

Thanks.

I have two pieces of advice, based on our May trip.

One is not to strategize too much. I'd look at the menus on Allears and see which places in each park are the most appealing to you. You may decide to walk across MK to eat or not, but at least you should know what's there.

I'd also figure out which CSs offer BIG meals (the Cosmic Rays ribs & chicken comes to mind), in case you want to do a big CS some day when you're using TSs for a breakfast, etc.

Once you've done those two things, I'd just relax and let it happen. I'd take the same approach with the snacks -- use them whenever. In May it was hot and we used a lot of our snack credits for water. I know we could have gotten better value, but water was what we wanted.

The big thing, to me, is don't let the DDP rule your vacation. Don't overthink it.

The other suggestion I'd have is don't eat CS stuff just to finish the credits. Some CS options are great for the flight home. Earl of Sandwich is one example and I'm sure there are others in the BWV area.

Hi,
First of all I gotta tell you I love your name and I say GO POKES! too. We used the plan last year and are using it again in January. Some of the kids meals can be shared if your kiddos aren't big eaters and some of the adults as well. We found that the TS meals were so huge that we could share at some of the CS's. Tusker house was a lot of food and we should've shared there but didn't. What worked best for us was buying our b-fast out of pocket since we weren't big b-fast eaters and using all our counter services on lunch. It's really less confusing than it sounds on these boards. In my opinion there's a lot of hullabaloo about nothing. It was super simple and worked out great. I'll probably never go without it. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter