Strangest thing on MDE....imagine that!

Tiggerlover91

DIS Veteran
So I went to my MDE today to check my FPs only because on another thread, someone mentioned the wrong number of guests being seen. Of course I explained that's the norm and that when you click to modify the FP the correct number will show then.

Well...imagine my surprise when I went to my plans and only saw 3 guests on my Sunday and Monday FPs...on the website! :headache: Checked the app....same thing. App will usually say 2 guests but then I click and see all 4 of us. Welp! MDE just kicked one of my guests right on off of our Sunday and Monday FPs. That's the only two days they are joining my son and I. I panicked at first, but then was able to get her back on all of them except Kilimanjaro. :worried: I called Disney IT and then took care of it. They found it weird she was the only one kicked out. Both she and her husband have APs, but share my booking window because I had the 60 days. She couldn't get me the 12:00pm time I had so she talked to her higher up in support and they gave my friend an anytime FP for the Safari for the whole day! :cool1: I thought I was doing good not having any "problems" on MDE such as the lost FPs or lost guests. WELP! Guess I'm official now! :rotfl2:

Did they get any emails about it? And are you >30 days out?

Given your experience and some of the other threads and FP cancellations, I’m starting to wonder if they are cracking down on the umbrella (“sharing” a 60-day window).

Given your experience and some of the other threads and FP cancellations, I’m starting to wonder if they are cracking down on the umbrella (“sharing” a 60-day window).

To my knowledge, no they didn't. But why cancel just the wife and not the husband too. He manages her account. And the IT tech told me that they both share that 60 day window since I had the resort ressie. I'm under 30 days, so that's why it's really weird.

But if Disney doesnt support the umbrella why would they give the OP the extra anytime fastpass for the fourth person? Seems strange but not surprising for MDE.

That's what I was thinking before you even typed this. The fact that I added her back easily to the other FPs tells me it HAD to be a glitch with MDE.

But if Disney doesnt support the umbrella why would they give the OP the extra anytime fastpass for the fourth person? Seems strange but not surprising for MDE.

I don’t know whether the umbrella is intentional or not. I’ve never seen evidence either way. But recent FP cancellations have me wondering.

But to answer the other question, Disney support CMs have no idea what the actual rules are (most of the time). They are very good at guest recovery, however, and that is what happened here.

Tigger, can you ask your guests if they got a warning email? If not, it probably was indeed a random MDE glitch.

It is true that with MDE all bets are off. Maybe I’m trying to make sense of madness...

Both she and her husband have APs, but share my booking window because I had the 60 days.

How many days of fastpasses does your friend have? And does she have a resort stay? There is something about APs being able to hold only 7 days of fastpasses in a 30 day period unless they are associated with a resort stay. Could that be the issue?

Mine did the same thing this morning. I logged in to modify one fp and all of them had been amended to 1 guest. 4 had been removed from everyone. I did panic but within 15 minutes, they were all showing again. They just reappeared by themselves. I am the account manager and we have a package with resort and tickets booked.

All of my evening plans had been moved to one am the next morning. Still scratching my head about that one.

Mine did the same thing this morning. I logged in to modify one fp and all of them had been amended to 1 guest. 4 had been removed from everyone. I did panic but within 15 minutes, they were all showing again. They just reappeared by themselves. I am the account manager and we have a package with resort and tickets booked.

99% of the time when only one guest is showing for a FP that was originally booked for a group it is a known glitch with MDE. Logging out of the website and then back in, or forcing the app closed and reopening, will usually resolve this issue. However, when a FP party is reduced from, say, 4 guests to 3 or 2, the chances that trouble’s a brewin’ are greatly increased due to the recent unreliability of umbrella-ing.

I'm glad you were able to get everything worked out! We've still got a while until our FP day, but I feel like after we book them I'm going to start obsessively checking them a few times a day. :sad2:

How many days of fastpasses does your friend have? And does she have a resort stay? There is something about APs being able to hold only 7 days of fastpasses in a 30 day period unless they are associated with a resort stay. Could that be the issue?

Only what I made for her. And that was only two days worth of FPs. She and her husband had one on Saturday and that was it. As of right now, she and her husband have 6 FPs each.

I don't think it has anything to do with that, as mines been doing the same thing since I booked our 6 weeks ago. There are days that I go in and it shows all 5 of us, other days where it only shows 1 and then once you click into it it shows all 5, and some days where it only shows 1 guest in both parts and I have to log out and log back in if I want to modify for all 5 etc. It's highly annoying, but I think as usual it's just another glitch. Last year one day in the middle of our trip my youngest daughters ticket, fastpasses everything just fell off... I had to go to guest relations and they said they could see it, but didn't know why it wasn't showing up for me. They were eventually able to get it fixed, but just another day in Disney IT.

I don't think it has anything to do with that, as mines been doing the same thing since I booked our 6 weeks ago. There are days that I go in and it shows all 5 of us, other days where it only shows 1 and then once you click into it it shows all 5, and some days where it only shows 1 guest in both parts and I have to log out and log back in if I want to modify for all 5 etc.

Yes, MDE showing 1 guest is a VERY common MDE glitch. It happens just about every other time I log in.

I do think something weird is afoot with the umbrella, but it's very unclear what (if anything) is going on.

I thought the umbrella policy still works. Am I wrong?

Supposedly it does. I think what happened with my friend was another famous glitch in the MDE system. Considering she is managed by her husband and he remained on the FPs, that's why I'm thinking being able to use the "umbrella policy" with them was not the problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter