strange email supposedly from geek squad

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
My Dh and me both have our own email address- late-last night there was an email addressed to me using my legal name which I hardly ever use--but on my DH email from

geek squad saying how my renewal was going to automatically withdrwal from my account
weve never used geek squad or ever plan on it--

theres also no bank info like the last 4 numbers or for that matter any account info from geek squad--

have a good feeling its just a way to get my info they gave a number to call but Im sure not calling that number
Im going to keep an eye on the bank account
not sure if I should call geek squad but I really dont want to even get involved with them

any suggestions
thanks

My Dh and me both have our own email address- late-last night there was an email addressed to me using my legal name which I hardly ever use--but on my DH email from

geek squad saying how my renewal was going to automatically withdrwal from my account
weve never used geek squad or ever plan on it--

theres also no bank info like the last 4 numbers or for that matter any account info from geek squad--

have a good feeling its just a way to get my info they gave a number to call but Im sure not calling that number
Im going to keep an eye on the bank account
not sure if I should call geek squad but I really dont want to even get involved with them

any suggestions
thanks
It’s a scam - delete it

If you never signed up for Geek Squad, don't use it, why would you think something about a renewal is legit?

These are your run of the mill phishing e-mails, so just delete it and move on

thanks thats what we thought but it was just so strange that they used my legal name and yet my husbands email address which I dont use

I just checked the bank website since the amount was supposed to come out yesterday and theres nothing even pending

thanks thats what we thought but it was just so strange that they used my legal name and yet my husbands email address which I dont use

I just checked the bank website since the amount was supposed to come out yesterday and theres nothing even pending
There's a 99.9999% chance nothing will happen to your bank account. They want you to call a number or click a link and then "scare" you into giving them information/access to your computer.

I get these all the time.
As others said - throw it right in your trash folder (I actually throw it in my Spam folder)

tenor.gif

After you delete it, also go to whatever folder it went to and delete from there also. Just a double safety that it is out of your email system.

I get that one (just deleted it this morning) and probably 15 similar every week.

Anyone with an iPhone/iPad, don't just delete those.

Click on "Edit" at top right of your inbox list. Select the spam email(s).

Go to "Mark" at bottom left of the inbox list and click.

Top menu choice is "Move To Junk." Click on it, and they disappear.

Doing that every time you get one trains your spam filter to recognize additional ones and send them to your spam folder. May take a while doing this repeatedly, but the filter will catch them and save you much annoyance ultimately.

did you happen to buy a phone from bestbuy? and add the protection plan? that would be the only reason geeksquad would be trying to deduct money. if not than yea def a scam.

Delete and move on. Sounds like they harvested your information from public records and matched your legal name to your husbands email. I say they, because in reality it was probably some software they used. I don't use my legal name except on official documents so getting something to me legal name usually raises a red flag for me.

This is a phish. Just delete the message. As to how they got a name and and email pair, that could be from any number of breaches that have happend over the past decade. I get almost daily phishing attacks but just delete them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts