Storybook Dining at Artist Point Watch Thread!

If anyone goes to this resturant with a child under 3 can you please report back on how food worked with them? I'm wondering if this meal will be like Akershus and Bon Voyage for children under 3 where they are allowed to order off the kids meal free of charge or if they will be expected to share off of mom and dads plate or pay full price for a meal of their own.

Thanks!

We dined with my grandson who is 1 and he had to share off my plate.

I have a review with pictures on my FB page. Selina Winfrey
The Characters were fantastic and we enjoyed the atmosphere.
I will say we were not overly impressed with the food but the Characters made up for it.

I have a review with pictures on my FB page. Selina Winfrey
The Characters were fantastic and we enjoyed the atmosphere.
I will say we were not overly impressed with the food but the Characters made up for it.
I would like to see your review, but I can't find you on Facebook.

Wow...just wow. Totally worth all the major plan changes (including flight) to come here. For the appetizers and desserts they bring one of each item per person so no worries about sharing. The soup was great, I’m a bit of a picky eater and still loved it. I got the prime rib and it was also very well done. The desserts were wonderful too, my favorite was the gooseberry pie which also surprised me. Tasted almost like an apple pie.

Go while you can, I do not anticipate it staying one dining credit for long. The staff was so excited about the change so the energy was great! They introduced the characters and a couple of times throughout the meal did a song where they danced around. I heard whistle while you work and the silly song. Dopey has always had a special place in my heart so it was great to meet him. All the characters were very interactive. Snow White and the dwarves come around to the table and the evil queen stays at a set spot in the middle of the restaurant where you can greet her with a photopass photographer at the end.

It was totally worth it and I would definitely recommend it!
Thanks so much DD and I are looking forward to dining here in March.

My sister and I are coming to WDW a few days ahead of our husbands to have some sister/girl time, and will be eating dinner here on Friday, March 29th. We're really looking forward to it, and I'll try to remember to report back with a review!

My sister and I are coming to WDW a few days ahead of our husbands to have some sister/girl time, and will be eating dinner here on Friday, March 29th. We're really looking forward to it, and I'll try to remember to report back with a review!
Can’t wait to see your review!

Ok, reporting back on our experience...we’re a party of 3 vegetarians who dined here on 12/22.

We asked about vegetarian appetizers (since only 1 on the menu is vegetarian) and were told that the chef had a special selection of vegetarian appetizers for us. I took photos, which I posted below. Anyway, the 3 appetizers were the soup minus the little wand, a mini impossible burger patty on a bed of lettuce, and some mini steam buns with a mushroom in between them. We liked both the soup and the impossible burger, but none of the three of us cared for the steam bun/mushroom combo.

The gnocchi is the only vegetarian entree...but thankfully it is very good, and the portion is very generous. We all enjoyed it, but none of us were able to come close to finishing it.

We were disappointed that even though we never asked about vegetarian desserts, we were brought an alternate dessert platter, which we suspect was actually vegan (we suspect the appetizers were too, but didn’t ask). The desserts were the gooseberry pie minus the meringue, a “rotten apple” (which was basically a vegan brownie mushed into the shape of a ball), and a rice pudding with mango topping. Honestly we didn’t care for any of them...which was fine, because we were already stuffed by that point.

Perhaps we were automatically brought the alternate desserts because the standard ones had gelatin in them? Hopefully someone else will ask. We didn’t want to because honestly we were embarrassed that we didn’t like any of them and didn’t want to draw attention to that fact...and because we were taken completely by surprise when they were brought out.

Oh, and we did receive the little box with the caramel corn and chocolate hearts...those were good. :)

I think it’s a one and done for us...the setting was very pretty, but we aren’t into the character interactions and the price was steep...so given that we didn’t like the dessert and one of the three appetizers, I doubt we’ll be back.

I’d be happy to answer any questions anyone may have. :)

Attachments

• C9BF73CD-115E-4872-AF3A-8DA51D989C4A.jpeg
    C9BF73CD-115E-4872-AF3A-8DA51D989C4A.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 132
  • F6528574-E335-4625-B409-7DB391E34C9D.jpeg
    F6528574-E335-4625-B409-7DB391E34C9D.jpeg
    73.8 KB · Views: 133
Ok, reporting back on our experience...we’re a party of 3 vegetarians who dined here on 12/22.

We asked about vegetarian appetizers (since only 1 on the menu is vegetarian) and were told that the chef had a special selection of vegetarian appetizers for us. I took photos, which I posted below. Anyway, the 3 appetizers were the soup minus the little wand, a mini impossible burger patty on a bed of lettuce, and some mini steam buns with a mushroom in between them. We liked both the soup and the impossible burger, but none of the three of us cared for the steam bun/mushroom combo.

The gnocchi is the only vegetarian entree...but thankfully it is very good, and the portion is very generous. We all enjoyed it, but none of us were able to come close to finishing it.

We were disappointed that even though we never asked about vegetarian desserts, we were brought an alternate dessert platter, which we suspect was actually vegan (we suspect the appetizers were too, but didn’t ask). The desserts were the gooseberry pie minus the meringue, a “rotten apple” (which was basically a vegan brownie mushed into the shape of a ball), and a rice pudding with mango topping. Honestly we didn’t care for any of them...which was fine, because we were already stuffed by that point.

Perhaps we were automatically brought the alternate desserts because the standard ones had gelatin in them? Hopefully someone else will ask. We didn’t want to because honestly we were embarrassed that we didn’t like any of them and didn’t want to draw attention to that fact...and because we were taken completely by surprise when they were brought out.

Oh, and we did receive the little box with the caramel corn and chocolate hearts...those were good. :)

I think it’s a one and done for us...the setting was very pretty, but we aren’t into the character interactions and the price was steep...so given that we didn’t like the dessert and one of the three appetizers, I doubt we’ll be back.

I’d be happy to answer any questions anyone may have. :)
Thanks for your review and the gnocchi dish does look good!

I wanted to report back with our experience here last Friday. I dined with my 8 year old DD. While we did not have the extensive character interaction that others have experienced, it was still acceptable. The dwarves were much more interactive than Snow White. We did not see the Queen, as my DD was really tired and ready to go. She was very lovely and very much in character. (I am sad to say I have missed the character window with this child. She was never much into it, and now I sense it is definitely waning. Luckily I have two others that adore characters.)

Food wise...We were served 2 of each app, plus the child's app. The star was the squash soup served in the adorable little cauldron. I could have eaten a large cauldron of it! My daughter wasn't fond of it, so I did get to have hers. Beyond the intense creaminess (there is a lot of heavy cream in this delicious soup), the marshmallow added a wonderfully sweet element, but the sunflower seeds (granola) was a fantastic textural addition. The shrimp were in no means wicked with barely any spice. I searched for some and couldn't find anything that warranted spicy. The shepherd's pie needed the preserves, as it was a tad bit plain tasting...dough and meat. The child's app had the honey butter which you made yourself by shaking. We shook and shook but could not get it to butter texture. We've done this before with field trips so we now it can occur, but this remained the consistency of a salad dressing. It was delightfully sweet and we were both looking for something else to dip in it.

We both ordered the prime rib. While it was cooked perfectly and quite tasty, it is the meal on the menu for the meat and potatoes eaters who are not adventurous. The mashed potatoes were lightly flavored with the horseradish. The child's portion had small roasted potatoes that were tender. The carrots were perfectly cooked, not too crisp and not overcooked. There was no offensive taste like I had read (cigarettes!). I have a tendency to find a lot of meals at Disney overly salted, and this was not the case. Appropriate seasoning, with a touch on the under seasoned side.

Desserts were fantastic and a miss. The poison apple was divine, light creamy mousse with a very intriguing crunchy center. The gooseberry pie was very basic...dough, filling, and slightly undercooked merangue (I prefer the my merangue a little crispier). The miner's treasure cake was very dry and the frosting was overly sweet. Both of us did not even finish our portions. The chocolate heart was actually filled with a cream and not just a chocolate heart. The caramel popcorn was your basic caramel popcorn.

My daughter's favorite thing was the cotton candy drink. She couldn't wait to call her brother and tell him about it. I took one sip and it was overwhelmingly sweet.

I wished I had ordered something other than the prime rib. While it was cooked perfectly, the entire plate tasted just like the work Christmas party dinner I had a few weeks before. Definitely nothing unique. I had wanted to get the snapper, but wasn't scared of the negative reviews. I should have ordered the veal, but I went with the safe. I really adored Artist Point; it was my favorite restaurant with WL being my favorite hotel. The most negative critique I have of the experience, was the intermittent singing and dancing of the characters. Roughly every 10 minutes, another song would play and they would sing and dance around. I tend to think of this activity as something that would happen at Ohana's or CM. I felt like the quiet ambiance of AP was being interrupted for Heigh Ho. The restaurant was only 2/3 full with multiple open tables. We did wait for our ADR, but we were early and still seated before it was time.

While I am glad I got to experience it, I do not feel the need to go again. I would gladly search out that delightful soup and the poison apple.

We ate there on December 17th. The food was very uneven - the appetizers were nice, the prime rib was great, but my Cottage Seafood Stew was odd. Oh, the seafood part was good (3 shrimp, 3 mussels, several tiny bay scallops) and the tomato fennel sauce was tasty. But it was served over a huge glop of overcooked rice and some odd round bean type thing. I asked my server what it was, and he actually said 'I have no idea'. It was like wallpaper paste. I had a problem with my cocktail, too. I ordered 'A Brew of Peaches'. The menu description was 'Buffalo Trace Bourbon, peach, raspberry, and brulee demarara sugar. What I got was a very generous pour of bourbon on ice, in a glass that was coated halfway down with melting bruleed sugar (which made it almost impossible to take a drink without getting melted sugar all over my hand). Mixed in with the ice was what I believe was the raspberry, which was in little 'seeds' - no taste of raspberry, just weird seeds (not a fan of texture in my drinks). The peach flavor was non-existent. Again, I asked my server about it, and his response was 'I have no idea'. At no time did a manager come over to ask how things were going, or how our food was, so my guess is my questions about my meal and my drink didn't make it to the kitchen.

The Wicked Queen was AMAZING. I would come back just to experience her. Snow White came to the table and I literally couldn't even open my mouth to say hi, she just launched into a spiel about cooking and pies and oh my goodness and it was all we could do to get her to stop talking long enough to get a photo with my husband and she never stopped talking for even one second during the photo and she was so perky and cheery and lordalmighty. On the other hand, she also applauded when the Wicked Queen was announced, which was adorable. Dopey was cute as a button, and Grumpy made my night.

Had 4:15 reservations, showed up at 4 to check in and was seated at 4:05. Picture with Evil Queen (on the way out) was at 5:35pm. So 1.5 hours total, with no rushing and enjoying it all....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter