• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Store run

Conniequeen

Mouseketeer
Going in Nov. will not have a car. Will need groceries. What’s the closest Walmart or Publix or Target to Pop Century. Will probably take an Uber. Has anyone done this? I know we can get them delivered, but will have 8 people from 10-70, and can’t find everything we want on line. Only two of us would go to the store. How much would a Uber be?

OP, I didn't check the price, but realize that you will need 2 Ubers/Lyfts/whatevers--1 there and 1 back. Rideshare services don't wait for you while you're shopping.

Also, the prices quoted above seem high to me. My Lyft from MCO to AKL at 6 p.m. 2 weeks ago was $39, and from AKL to MCO at 9 a.m. last week was $32. I can't believe it costs as much to go to Publix from WDW.

ETA: If you're flying in or taking the train, consider hiring a car service that offers a grocery stop as part of the service--at least for the 2 of you who're going to do the shopping. This would probably end up being less expensive than paying for 3 rideshares (1 from the airport/train and 2 to and from the grocery store).

Last edited:
The cost of an Uber will vary depending on the time of day and other factors. You can get an estimate by going through the Uber app at the approximate time you'd want to go.

From Pop, the closest Publix is the one in Celebration.

Check into renting a car for the day. I know the rates are higher now than when we did this but we rented a car, they picked us up at our resort and took us to the TTC then after took us back to our resort after we dropped our car off. Not sure if they still do this so be sure to check.

We wanted to visit the Dali Museum in St. Pete and made our grocery stop on the way home.

The cost of an Uber will vary depending on the time of day and other factors. You can get an estimate by going through the Uber app at the approximate time you'd want to go.

From Pop, the closest Publix is the one in Celebration.
I am new to Uber - OKW and Miffy are both totally correct. That was the price at that time of day. I did it right now and it was $10-15 for that trip. Sorry!!

The other comments are correct - Uber prices fluctuate based on the time of day and demand. I took an Uber from MCO to AKL at around 3 pm for $39. Then from AKL we took an Uber to and from the Super Target in Kissimmee (Rolling Oaks Blvd) at around 5-6 pm for $8 each way. That Target is HUGE and had everything we needed grocery wise and alcohol wise - they have their own liquor store with a great selection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter