Sting ray adventure on CC

Burgermom

Mouseketeer
Can someone tell me a bit about their experience with the sting ray adventure on CC? Is there a snorkeling element to it? Would this include being able to snorkel in the general snorkeling area or just with the rays ? Is the snorkeling element too challenging for a 7 year old? Many thanks

No snorkeling per say in the sting ray area. They are separated from the general snorkeling area. You can use the mask, fins etc, but there are pretty much only stingrays to see. We have done it a couple times. Don't know if I would do it again as you don't spend that much time feeding the Stingrays. But for a first time with your 7 year old, he would would probably do well and it would be great exposure to these magnificent creatures.

Hope that helped and did not confuse.

They do give you a mask and fins, but it is only for use during your time in the stingray area. It's mostly just to be able to see them underwater, there really isn't anywhere to go and the water is probably waist deep at most.
We've done it a few times, I really like it. It's short, but we didn't want something that took a bunch of time away from relaxing on the beach.

The area where the rays are is not very large, so might be a good experience for a novice snorkeler.

The sting ray area is not deep. I saw plenty of littles helping to feed the sting rays. My major advice: go early. The sting rays will be hungry and the water will be relatively clear. Later on the water turns kind of murky w/ all the sand being kicked up in the area.

You don't need the snorkels to feed the rays.

You only need them to explore and visit them underwater more.

I was in charge of our 5 year old who had a ball.
(DH and the older child actually did use the snorkels and watched them more.)

We've done this twice and enjoyed both visits. They provide a brief overview about stingrays and how they care for them and then take you to the beach area. They have floating platforms where you feed the stingrays and they show you how. After the feeding you can take the snorkel and mask and explore the stingray pen more and look for them. We've enjoyed it and the whole experience really doesn't take long. I think the second time we went was part of a larger package that included bikes and other things. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter