• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Steam Train Tour

ceejay13

DIS Veteran
Anyone have any comments about this tour?? We have taken several of the others and are contemplating this one.

We found it very informative and interesting. We were able to keep our guide a bit later as we kept asking questions about Walt and his steam train hobby.

C.

Send a PM to LibertyBelle. She's a CM on the trains and can answer any questions that you may have.

:D

Originally posted by Dana49
Send a PM to LibertyBelle. She's a CM on the trains and can answer any questions that you may have.

:D

:wave: I feel so loved!

The Magic Behind Our Steam Train tour is a lot of fun. We get a good mix of people on the tour from those that are train fans, to those that are Disney history buffs and then there are those that were dragged along...ALL of them have fun and usually at the end of the tour everyone leaves with a smile.

The tour is offered Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. It begins at 7:30am (although when you book they will ask you to be there by 7:15am as we actually go into the park at 7:30). It will last until about 10-10:30am and as Figment12 stated when the actual tour is over the tour guides are more than happy to hang around and chat longer.

The tour itself will tell you how Walt became so passionate about trains, how we aquired the trains that we run in our park (as well as the other Disney theme parks). We also get about 30-40 minutes at the Roundhouse where you will be able to get into the cab of one of the locomotives and see what the engineer and fireman see. You will also get a chance to watch the morning crew fire the trains up and do their morning safety checks. There is a 5 minute (or so break) after returning from the roundhouse where coffee and water is provided.

At the end of the tour you also get a tour exclusive pin :) It really is a lot of fun, all the tour guides work on the trains (so it is not a guest relations host giving the tour like the other WDW tours). We are all engineers or conductors on the railroad so the passion and the enthusiasm shows through. Like I said we get different types of people on the tours and everyone always has a good time.

The tour itself costs $40 per person (plus theme park addmission) and is open for anyone 10 years and older. The other thing I ALWAYS mention when posting about the tour on here is that you CAN bring a camera. When you book the tour they tell you cameras are not allowed but for the steam train tour they are allowed... we have some different photo opportunites set up for you during the tour...

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me, I would be more than happy to answer them.

Over the weekend I made my tour reservations for Thursday December 9th. Only about 107 days to go, I can't wait.

Mike

Not sure exactlly how far out but I have seen up to a year. When we get the printed manifest it has your name and when you booked the tour. The farthest I have seen is a year, but I don't always look at that. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter