Steakhouse 71 - how hard to get?

Raya

DIS Veteran
I'm hoping to get Steakhouse '71 for either Thursday late lunch to late dinner, Friday lunch time, or Sunday lunch time. Admittedly, I'm starting late - 40 days out - but I didn't expect it to be this impossible. Right now I'm checking once or twice a day. Any ideas on how hard to get this reservation is? Should I give up? I'm starting to wonder if we'd be better off at Yachtsman steakhouse, since we're already at Beach club.

We also had trouble getting SH71 for a time we wanted. I was successful by signing up for Touring Plans Reservation Finder. You do not have to have a subscription for that invaluable tool. Good luck!

It normally isn't that hard to get S71, especially for the times the OP is interested. I'm surprised it doesn't show as available then.

I’m also surprised. I grabbed a dinner for our MK day mid week sept. Good luck OP, keep trying.

We also had trouble getting SH71 for a time we wanted. I was successful by signing up for Touring Plans Reservation Finder. You do not have to have a subscription for that invaluable tool. Good luck!
Thanks for letting me know the Reservation finder is free! It found me an 8:50pm on Thursday reservation around 1am that I was able to snag at 7 when I woke up. We usually eat dinner at 5, so I'll keep stalking but it's nice to have a reservation. :)

Thanks for letting me know the Reservation finder is free! It found me an 8:50pm on Thursday reservation around 1am that I was able to snag at 7 when I woke up. We usually eat dinner at 5, so I'll keep stalking but it's nice to have a reservation. :)
Make sure to start a new search for a new time. To try to get something between 5:00-7:00, set your search for 6:00.

I'm hoping to get Steakhouse '71 for either Thursday late lunch to late dinner, Friday lunch time, or Sunday lunch time. Admittedly, I'm starting late - 40 days out - but I didn't expect it to be this impossible. Right now I'm checking once or twice a day. Any ideas on how hard to get this reservation is? Should I give up? I'm starting to wonder if we'd be better off at Yachtsman steakhouse, since we're already at Beach club.
If you're at Beach Club and want a really great lunch, try Ale and Compass.

How many people is it for? I tried to get that one for 2 but if I found a table it was super late. Searched for 4 and tons of times showed up. So I snagged a table for 4 at a good time, then I was able to modify it to 2.

You can always just walk up and eat at the bar. We have done that, and it has worked out just fine, same great food (full menu) and a nice conversation with a cast member (bartender).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter