Staying deluxe without club level. Help me do it, or not??

I would totally have to agree.
I stayed one time at Club Level at the Wilderness Lodge.
It was a lot of extra money for cold cereal and muffins and afternoon cookies.
Never mind the fact that I was on the dining plan and eating at a number of good restaurants.
I have also stayed at the Club Level at a couple of different Ritz Carlton's.
They are leaps and bounds better than the club level at Disney.
And the rooms at the Ritz cost the same as the club rooms at Disney.
Save your money and just do deluxe.

We gave up CL long ago... Just isn't worth the high cost , and poor discounts, for nuts and crackers anymore.... Plus having to be at the resort to enjoy it.... Parks are more fun to waste time in... Not a crowded, filthy overrun CL lounge...

We take that saving, up grade to a deluxe resort, go a grocery / alcohol stop and load up our room with better offerings served anytime we want... We prefer to hang at the pool when we're at the resort... We make picnic lunches, adult beverages in our cooler... Resort room is for sleeping....

CL is a lot of extra money, for what ? Rooms are the same as regular, I can still get turn down service if I want... Other than the token food offerings, I eat at the food court better for breakfast and dinner cheaper paying OOP than CL money cost...

Nope, sorry... CL has gone so far down hill from its past glory, pocket the savings and go regular... No more personalize service !

With the way we tour CL works well for us we use regular DDP & take afternoon swim breaks so we make use of the soda, tea, beer & wine. We take drinks ( soda and alcohol in plastic cups to the pool) after swimming & showering we will eat some of the hot appys with some wine and head back out to the parks..

We eat most of our breakfasts in the lounge, I can eat yogurt, fruit, oatmeal and pastries & be happy. DH needs a little once, twice a trip but it works well for us.

Another peek we enjoy us the package delivery to our room, we tend to buy alot in the parks & our packages are on our bed the next day.. DH normally orders me flowers at least once a trip & they are put them in our room as well ( although they may do that in all wdw resorts?)

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013

With the way we tour CL works well for us we use regular DDP & take afternoon swim breaks so we make use of the soda, tea, beer & wine. We take drinks ( soda and alcohol in plastic cups to the pool) after swimming & showering we will eat some of the hot appys with some wine and head back out to the parks..

We eat most of our breakfasts in the lounge, I can eat yogurt, fruit, oatmeal and pastries & be happy. DH needs a little once, twice a trip but it works well for us.

Another peek we enjoy us the package delivery to our room, we tend to buy alot in the parks & our packages are on our bed the next day.. DH normally orders me flowers at least once a trip & they are put them in our room as well ( although they may do that in all wdw resorts?)

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013

I think everyone gets package delivery.

Honestly, I have read all of the posts in this thread and CL still does not make sense to me. Isn't it just a room with snacks? You can buy a LOT of snacks, room service, etc. for $90 - $150 a night.

I have never stayed club level at WDW but I have stayed CL at Hard Rock and a few other hotels, but have never paid for it. It was always part of a package.

I think it really comes down to where and how your family spends your time at Disney. Right now, we spend more time at the resort than we do at the parks, so CL is a great value for us (and also the reason we stay deluxe vs. mod). If we were the sort to spend all or most of the day and evenings at the parks, we wouldn't do it. Or if we liked three meals "out" per day - for many people, going to lots of restaurants is a big part of their Disney vacation.

So, basically, if you guys will be at the resort a lot, yeah, you'd probably miss CL. Otherwise I think you can do without.

Ditto :thumbsup2. We always do 11 days in WDW, but only do 4 days of parks at a leisurly pace. We enjoy the resort CL and some quality family time :grouphug:.

Honestly, I have read all of the posts in this thread and CL still does not make sense to me. Isn't it just a room with snacks? You can buy a LOT of snacks, room service, etc. for $90 - $150 a night.

I have never stayed club level at WDW but I have stayed CL at Hard Rock and a few other hotels, but have never paid for it. It was always part of a package.

This is true from a money standpoint it really makes no sense. It's a luxury and a convenience. I think you have to try it once to understand. You will either love it or feel like it's a waste.

This is true from a money standpoint it really makes no sense. It's a luxury and a convenience. I think you have to try it once to understand. You will either love it or feel like it's a waste.

I agree...I guess it all depends on your idea of a vacation and what fits your family. To me it is not about the "snacks". You do need to try it to understand. Also, not every CL might be to your liking. We LOVE where we stay and really have disliked other CLs.

Our first deluxe stay was at YC in 2010. Fell in love with Deluxe resorts. So the next year we decided to try BC. When we arrived, they told me that I was upgraded to BC CL :cool1: It was great!!! Loved having the breakfast down the hall, stopping by at night to grab a drink or two, etc.

Last year we again stayed at BC, but did not go CL. We were not upgraded to CL either. The trip was just perfect!! CL was nice, but the trip was just fine without it!!!

I loved having the CL breakfast, but can't see spending the extra money for a bowl of oatmeal, 2 glasses or wine / or beer and an extra piece of dessert.

I never used IPO for any ADR's, (I can make those myself), and didn't spend any time in the lounge because as someone stated above, if we are at our resort for relaxing it's gonna be at the pool!!!

That being said, I would LOVE to try the Poly or AKL CL just once :)

I think everyone gets package delivery.

at the resort gift shop. Its not a big deal but its the little conveniences you know?

We once left our expensive camera at Nine Dragons and when we realized it they immediately sent someone over there to get it, we were staying Poly CL..

I agree and I even tell my clients, if you are the type to stay at the park from RD to park closing deluxe and CL really isn't worth the money, if your like us and like to take atleast a day or two of downtown and also take afternoon breaks it really makes things nice, convenient and even spoiling..

I've tried it at the Peabody Inn (great by the way) and Hard Rock Hotel and they were fine since they were included in the price of the room. Never tried it for WDW but have viewed the pictures and a lot of people say it is not as good as other hotels, so I think I'll pass unless they upgrade me for free which is unlikely since we are staying at BLT and there is no CL there.

I think staying CL depends on how much time you will spend in the parks. Early on when going to Disney, we spent a lot of time in the parks and it was a hassle getting back to the resort to enjoy the CL. Many visits later, I really enjoy staying CL as we do not spend as much time in the parks.
The last seven visits have been in January. We used our Disney visit as a break from the cold in Ohio. We visited the parks but also spend a great deal of time at the resorts and we were always able to use the pools that time of year. So, CL was a real enhancement.

We've stayed at YC, BC, Poly, BWI club levels. And, I would probably only stay at the BWI CL again. Not that I didn't like the others, it just wasn't as great as BWI's (my opinion). I'd still like to try GF's CL.

I have to chuckle at the posts about the lounge being overrun with litter, etc. The BWI lounge was so pretty and a great place to relax anytime during the day. The food was so much more than gummi bears and crackers. The evening hot appetizers were wonderful and presented in a classy fashion. Do you always get perfect manners from everyone in the lounge? No, of course not. But this is hardly a surpise when you stay anywhere.

I think stopping in the lounge before dinner for hot appetizers and a glass of wine or beer is a treat. Sometime you can't put a value on pampering and being spoiled on vacation. I loved stopping in the lounge to read the paper with a cup of coffee and afternoon snack. Usually, the BWI lounge was completely empty during off hours. One negative at some of the lounges was the lack of a balcony with a view. If BWI had that, it'd be almost perfect.

I've stayed at the many Ritz Carlton's in FL and always enjoy the Club level. Is it the same as Disney? No, but that's like comparing apples to oranges. Although, I will say that I think the BWI club level food and lounge reminded me the most of some of the Ritz club levels.

I think a family on the go most of the days would not see a huge benefit to CL but thats a personal decision. OP, I'd still do a deluxe without CL You can always plan future trips to include it:)

Only Club Level gets it right to your room/ and put on your bed.....another perk I love! (not having to pick it up in the gift shop)

Not a problem. Gives me another excuse to go in the gift shop and browse!

That's what's so great about Disney....there's something for everyone's taste/budget. Some people see CL as just a few snacks, but to us, CL is more than that. We don't stay CL every trip, but when we do, it's not for the food offerings, but more for the lounge. We love having somewhere else to go besides other parts of the resort or in our room. I also love heading to the lounge early in the morning and sit and have my coffee while everyone else is getting up and moving. Is that worth $90-$150 more a night? Probably not to most, but to us, we enjoy being pampered and having that extra space to sit and relax is worth every penny to us.

The package delivery on CL is directly to your room

:thumbsup2

I totally agree with this :).

Also, not every CL might be to your liking. We LOVE where we stay and really have disliked other CLs.

So very true ;).

I would LOVE to try the Poly or AKL CL just once :)

We are trying Poly CL in December, but AKL CL is at the top of my list as well as I have read so many great things about it :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter