Staying At WL First Time in June . . .Some Questions

Wish Upon A Star

DIS Veteran
I have already requested a Queen/Bunk Bed Room Woodsview.

What should I request as far as anything else when faxing in preferences 4 days before? I guess I would like to know where exactly I should ask for . . .any specific Woodsview? I hear alot about Otter Pond . . .how is that view? Also, should I request the highest floor possible? I don't know the layout and I would rather be pretty high. Any suggestions?

Thanks In Advance.

The higher floors (woodview) have closed balconies. That is, you need to stand in order to look out at your views, whereas, the lower floors have "open balconies", which are "bars" that you may look out at while seated. Also, while the otter pond is a sought-after view, you may NEVER see one single otter. Also, if you prefer that view, you will have to request a lower floor (1st or 2nd) or you won't be able to see the pond very well....

kimmar,

Specifically I think it is onlythe "top" floor that has the enclosed patio. Therefore if you want I upper floor room you could be as high as the 5th floor and still have an open view balcony.

I think the "otter pond" view on the North side would be preferable to the south side. Also, on the north side I think there is a chance that you could see the MK fireworks but that would depend on the specific room.The south side will look out at the red roofs of WLV which isn't terrible but I would rather look at water even without otters than rooftops.

Also, the 5th floor on the south side is smoking. I would make a smoking preference on your request.

Then at check in you could request an upgrade to courtyard view.

We were at WL in December and had a woodsview room with bunk beds. It was room 6012.

Our view was of the otter pond below and to the left, the bay to the right, and gorgeous woods in front. And at night we had a perfect view of MK fireworks and the castle turning colors! We watched the fireworks and the castle every night, and I felt like I'd died and gone to heaven!!

A lot of people talk about the closed balconies like you can't see anything at all if you sit down. While it's true we couldn't see the otter pond or the bay while sitting, all we had to do was stand up to see them. And we had a perfect view of the fireworks and castle while sitting on our balcony.

If we are fortunate enough to stay at WL again, I am going to ask for a room as close to the one we had as possible!

Kaycee

Kaycee

That sounds like the exact room I would like. What category of room did you book? Woodsview?

Do you know, is it hard to get a 6th floor room or can I request that without it being Deluxe or Concierge? What do you suggest the room range would be? 6010 to 60?? I have read on this board that 6059 - 6079 are very good and I was under the impression that I was to request an odd number room to face north.

Maybe I am just obsessing about it too much and should just let the pixie dust fall where it may. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

thanks for any info.

...if you request an odd-numbered room, (on North Wing) you will get a court view. Room 6012 is located in (for lack of a better term) the outer wing section. That is, for the North Wing, you have a section that is directly connected to the lobby area. Then you have a sharp left turn with three (or so) rooms which only are court/pool views. The wing then turns sharply to the right again, and you have a continuation of that wing. This is what I call the "outer wing section". Hope this helps....:D

(PS ~ I think Ratpack has an aerial view of the WL. If you look at the photo, it is shaped like a "U"; it's the part furthest away from the "curvy part")

I also am staying at the WL in June with a wood's view room. I had exactly the same question. Thanks for the responses.

Thanks everyone! DH and I are really looking forward to staying at WL . . .I would expect my DD and DS would be too if they knew!:teeth:

I'm going to fax 4 days in advance and hopefully I'll be able to get an awesome room that Kaycee was talking about. I'm just scared that because we are arriving in the late evening, that I'll be disappointed not getting a location that I want.

Does anyone know if they hold rooms for those who have requested a certain view/section but not arriving until later in the evening?

...If you don't go with too many expectations, you won't be disappointed! But seriously, ANY room you get will be a lovely location. After all, you will be staying at one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE PLACES ON EARTH ~ the WL!!! And, the one thing I most enjoy about a Dlx vs a Mod is that there isn't too much extensive walking on the grounds (not to mention inside hallways!)

We really like WL, I'm sure you'll love it. There is something so special about that place, it's really hard to describe. I'm sure we'll be staying there a lot in the future (at the villas).

I've read extensively on the WL thread about the various views/rooms and after looking at the great aerial photo from the link posted here, I'm left wondering: is there really much difference between a standard vs woods view on the north side? It appears that all rooms on that north side facing MK have a "woods" view. I know some of the standard rooms on this side overlook "rooftops" and a loading area, but from all the photos I've seen, I've not been able to pinpoint this location. We have a standard room reserved for August and I'm hoping DS and DD can see fireworks from our balcony. Also, a question related to AP rate: I see the current AP rate stated through 7/3 is for "woods view," though I've heard that it's the same AP rate for standard. Can I "upgrade" then to a "woods view" for the same AP rate? Sorry to ramble. . . .:confused: !!

NJFabFour -

I believe you are talking about the $139 rate you saw on Mousesavers?. . .The AP rate for the standard view is $139/which includes tax. The Woodsview is $155 night with tax . . .the $139 Woodsview is minus the tax.

Hope that cleared it up . . .:D

There are a group of rooms at the Wilderness Lodge Resort that have a view of Cinderella’s Castle. Fax in your room request four days prior to arrival and ask for rooms: 4032, 4034, 5032, 5034, 6032, 6034, 6012, or 6022. I hope this helps. :)

Thanks for the clarification on AP rates! Yes, that makes sense now! Dana49, thanks for these specific rooms - could you tell me if they are standard or woods-view? Thanks!

Thank you everyone, that makes it a bit clearer.
Particular JaySue, that DisneyPic website is amazing.

I am going to go with North Side Woods View and see how we fare.

I found a picture on the DisneyPic website taken of WL from the Contemporary. Does anyone know (I know you all do) what the building at the top of the picture is. I can see Epcot to the left but what is the building on the top right...my uneducated guess...the Polynesian?

http://www.disneypix.com/Resorts/Lodge/2001/Lodge01.htm

I am anxious to visit the Polynesian and eat at Kona Cafe. Dh and I were in Kona a few years ago and I just want to relive that experience a bit....I came home with a serious Kona Coffee addiction :Pinkbounc

thanks everyone

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter